Um, ok Tony if you say so

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Um, ok Tony if you say so

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68327/20100724/tony_allen_says_he_was_overshadowed_in_boston/

So it wasn't just money he felt he was being held back. LOL! See what having a few good games does to a guy. Now he thinks he's a "Kobe Stopper". TA is in for a rude awakening. He had a great role in Boston, everyone can't be the man. Does he really think he should be playing more than RA & PP?? Really!

Good luck TA!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Um, ok Tony if you say so

That's funny coming from a guy who made the WHOLE Celtics Nation CRINGE when he got the ball on the offensive side of the court.

But that's gratitude for ya!

Undecided

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

My 14-year old daughter has a better looking jump shot than TA..often injured...suspect ball handling skills ..suspect passing skills..not a great finisher at the basket.....suspect free throw shot ......defense is the only thing that will be missed......with that stated....best of luck in memphis TA...i like the proposed posey trade.....he would be a great pick-up.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

TA played great in the playoffs and there were times that he deserved to play more specially when Ray Allen did not have any legs left. I do see where he is coming from. Forget his jumpshot, it is very bad but this guy could get to the foul line and his defense was spectacular. It is not inmaturity. This guy spent so much time in Boston and eventhough he proved he could play more minutes than what he did, he never got them, PERIOD. Same as Powe I wish TA the best. He was a hardworker celtic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

Tony Allen is a banana eatin knucklehead...............welcome Avery Bradley and nice to have MD back as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

TA just needs to keep in mind that he was often injured and the C's rehabbed him until he had a chance to contribute. When he did finally contribute he bolted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

It's widely understood that Tony is not the brightest bulb in the circuit, and this is just one example.

On the other hand, from their inside perspective and understanding of his human nature, perhaps the Celtics could have handled him better and he would not have bolted.

It would have been great to have him back as I believe he would have grown even further into his role this coming season and could have been a major contributor to the C's success.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Tony is a terrific defender as we all know. Although he had a backup role. He obviously didn't embrace his role and accept it.
        Personally if I had ever the chance, I would much prefer to play 15 minutes a game on a championship team than 30 minutes a game on an average team.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCeltic. Show KennCeltic's posts

In Response to Um, ok Tony if you say so:
    http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68327/20100724/tony_allen_says_he_was_overshadowed_in_boston/ So it wasn't just money he felt he was being held back. LOL! See what having a few good games does to a guy. Now he thinks he's a "Kobe Stopper". TA is in for a rude awakening. He had a great role in Boston, everyone can't be the man. Does he really think he should be playing more than RA & PP?? Really! Good luck TA!
    Posted by BiasLewis

There is a reason why he was overshadowed. They were way better players than he he was. He will get more time, but the team he will now play on will not perform nearly as well as the Celtics if he can be starter on their team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Um, ok Tony if you say so:
    In Response to Um, ok Tony if you say so : There is a reason why he was overshadowed. They were way better players than he he was. He will get more time, but the team he will now play on will not perform nearly as well as the Celtics if he can be starter on their team.
    Posted by KennCeltic

This is over-simplistic thinking in the first point and an overtly obvious point in the 2nd part.

Things are never as cut and dried as they look at first sight.  As the old expression goes, it take two to tango, and I stand by my assertion that Danny made a big mistake by not signing TA, and by the good points made by myself and a previous poster, that the Celtics certainly could have handled Tony Allen better, both during the season and during the contract negotiation period.

So far he has not been replaced, and I''d place money that Danny and Doc are crying in their beers that they did not handle the TA situation better.

Tony Allen will be missed and he will also thrive in Memphis.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I think TA played really well in our rotation and he really fitted the way the celtics play. So I think it'll be harder for him to produce in an other team which is not as defended minded. But never say never ... I thought he had plenty of oportunities to preform on the big screen in Boston. He had enough playing team this season. I think we saw all of his potential although he was more explosive before his injurie. 

So no I don't think he was overshadowed he is a good player I must say but he is not a rare one like Pierce, Kg, Allen and Rondo. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Tony is a terrific defender as we all know. Although he had a backup role. He obviously didn't embrace his role and accept it.     Personally if I had ever the chance, I would much prefer to play 15 minutes a game on a championship team than 30 minutes a game on an average team.
    Posted by mem17

I agree with you and am still very disappointed that TA decided to leave.  He may regret his decision next year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Um, ok Tony if you say so : This is over-simplistic thinking in the first point and an overtly obvious point in the 2nd part. Things are never as cut and dried as they look at first sight.  As the old expression goes, it take two to tango, and I stand by my assertion that Danny made a big mistake by not signing TA, and by the good points made by myself and a previous poster, that the Celtics certainly could have handled Tony Allen better, both during the season and during the contract negotiation period. So far he has not been replaced, and I''d place money that Danny and Doc are crying in their beers that they did not handle the TA situation better. Tony Allen will be missed and he will also thrive in Memphis.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Am with you on this one..it felt like DA thought he had TA grabbed by the b@# and the employee looked for his options out there and he moved on surprising everybody..I say, good for him!  Now DA and Doc saw the free agent market dry...too late..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Um, ok Tony if you say so : I agree with you and am still very disappointed that TA decided to leave.  He may regret his decision next year. 
    Posted by susan250

I doubt he will regret it, he was looking for more playing time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Um, ok Tony if you say so : Am with you on this one..it felt like DA thought he had TA grabbed by the b@# and the employee looked for his options out there and he moved on surprising everybody..I say, good for him!  Now DA and Doc saw the free agent market dry...too late..
    Posted by cabutan

I luv it when people agree wit me as it happens so rarely.

And thanks for adding the good point about Doc and Danny watching the free agent market dry up.  A tear in their beer.

Yep, . . . too little too late.  At least Nate should thank TA and slip him a few bucks off his contract, thanks to TA.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCeltic. Show KennCeltic's posts

In Response to Re: Um, ok Tony if you say so : This is over-simplistic thinking in the first point and an overtly obvious point in the 2nd part. Things are never as cut and dried as they look at first sight.  As the old expression goes, it take two to tango, and I stand by my assertion that Danny made a big mistake by not signing TA, and by the good points made by myself and a previous poster, that the Celtics certainly could have handled Tony Allen better, both during the season and during the contract negotiation period. So far he has not been replaced, and I''d place money that Danny and Doc are crying in their beers that they did not handle the TA situation better. Tony Allen will be missed and he will also thrive in Memphis.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Sometimes they are as simple as they seem. It sounds like he has some personal goals that were not being met as a Celtic. There was a place for him on the Celtics, but he seems to wanted a different role or opportunity.

Stating he felt he was overshadowed speaks to why he chose to leave. His goals seem not about winning, but about playing more and perhaps earning more, but not about winning. Not oversimplified just another facet of the story. It sounds to me as his leaving is not that complex an issue. You seem to be replacing the obvious with opinion. How does that work better.

On being obvious,looking for the obvious is a good way to get at truth. Many people can look at a rope and see a snake. Seeing the obvious isn't always that easy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Tony is a good defender, not great. He only play one side of the ball. He's a total spaz on O. I like Tony but he is so overrated. The ONLY reason TA had a bigger role on this team is bc Doc loves the kid. CHicago love....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Has Tony Allen seen Tony Allen play? This guy was probably the least polished player offensively on the entire team after Scal.

I don't even know what to say. I'm speechless. San you say delusional?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Um, ok Tony if you say so : Sometimes they are as simple as they seem. It sounds like he has some personal goals that were not being met as a Celtic. There was a place for him on the Celtics, but he seems to wanted a different role or opportunity. Stating he felt he was overshadowed speaks to why he chose to leave. His goals seem not about winning, but about playing more and perhaps earning more, but not about winning. Not oversimplified just another facet of the story. It sounds to me as his leaving is not that complex an issue. You seem to be replacing the obvious with opinion. How does that work better. On being obvious,looking for the obvious is a good way to get at truth. Many people can look at a rope and see a snake. Seeing the obvious isn't always that easy.
    Posted by KennCeltic

That's obvious . . .  and simple.   Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

If healthy Allen can average 15 a game and play killer D.  Why blame him for wanting to go to a team where he can play more?  He didn't say he was better then Allen of Pierce...he said he was "overshadowed".

Dude already has a ring.  Now he wants to go somewhere and play more.  What is wrong with that?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

If healthy Allen can average 15 a game and play killer D.  Why blame him for wanting to go to a team where he can play more?  He didn't say he was better then Allen of Pierce...he said he was "overshadowed". Dude already has a ring.  Now he wants to go somewhere and play more.  What is wrong with that?
    Posted by Icon11

-

"Dude already has a ring.  Now he wants to go somewhere and play more.  What is wrong with that?"

Nothing.  There is nothing wrong with that.

What's so wrong is the way the C's mis-managed his situation and let him go.

You see, I think he would have stayed if the C's had not taken him for granted.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Um, ok Tony if you say so : - "Dude already has a ring.  Now he wants to go somewhere and play more.  What is wrong with that?" Nothing.  there is nothing wrong with that. What's so wrong is the way the C's mis-managed his situation and let him go. You see, I think he would have stayed if the c's had not taken him for granted.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

agree! I think TA did a good job. He went for job security and with the C's future plans you are never sure. I think in Memphis he can stick around a while. He received a nice offer. I don't blame him and I wish him the best. The Celtics could have got him they just didn't anticipate enough and they are already lucky that Nate and Quis resigned...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

TA WAS "OVERSHADOWED".....HA , HA , HA , HA , HA ,  ......SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Re: Um, ok Tony if you say so : - "Dude already has a ring.  Now he wants to go somewhere and play more.  What is wrong with that?" Nothing.  there is nothing wrong with that. What's so wrong is the way the C's mis-managed his situation and let him go. You see, I think he would have stayed if the c's had not taken him for granted.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

dude , amen , just like POSEY was "taken...for granted" , and C'S  are 0-2 without POSEY.......when will C'S learn the value of tough dudes like SATCH & POSEY cannot be measured by traditional stats alone...how is it that so much wasted verbiage was heaped upon scal's "intangibles" , yet so little about the valuable "intangibles" of POSEY & TONY....i'm just saying......something is wrong with somebody's VISION.... 

Sections
Shortcuts