Unbiased PG rankings.......from a neutral source this time......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Unbiased PG rankings.......from a neutral source this time......

In the interest of fairness, I figure it is only right to post a REAL assesment to what R9R is trying to do. These are not my words, even though they sound like what I've been preaching all year long. OK go ahead. I'm sure the RONDO BROTHERHOOD will bash the source and call BS. Page two of the article says it all:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1700812-2013-2014-nba-point-guard-rankings-mid-summer-edition

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

Re: Unbiased PG rankings.......from a neutral source this time......

You are convieniently ignoring one crucial fact. Look at the photo of Rondo; in the bottom- left corner it explains his low ranking: "uncertainty" being the key word. This obviously pertains to coming back healthy from his ACL injury. If he does, he'll move up that list and be a top-5 PG. Can he shoot threes like Curry? Nope. But he can run the floor, hit the open jumper, is a passing wizard, can take it to the hoop and can defend. Let's check this "ranking" again after he is healthy.
    'Stain

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Clearly this ranking is still very generous to Rondo but at least its much more believable and sense can be made out of it unlike that other moronic ranking from a Rondo love groupie. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In the interest of fairness, I figure it is only right to post a REAL assesment to what R9R is trying to do. These are not my words, even though they sound like what I've been preaching all year long. OK go ahead. I'm sure the RONDO BROTHERHOOD will bash the source and call BS. Page two of the article says it all:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1700812-2013-2014-nba-point-guard-rankings-mid-summer-edition

RallyC,

I wouldn't call it unbiased. The author, on one hand, puts RR as #10 due to uncertainty, on the other hand he's not "uncertaint" about DR at #2 - sorry, but I call it BS.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

This member of RONDO BROTHERHOOD does not disagree with the 2014 assessment which is what the report is.  In fact, I would like Rondo to be worse than that.  No need to push his rehab.  Just get healthy and then build up to his old level.  It will serve Danny's purpose to get another high draft pick in 2014. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

RallyC,

I wouldn't call it unbiased. The author, on one hand, puts RR as #10 due to uncertainty, on the other hand he's not "uncertaint" about DR at #2 - sorry, but I call it BS.

AK

This difference is the Rose has complete a full and extensive rehab.  Rondo is still in the middel of it.  So, while Rose has to get back to his game, Rondo still may have to work to get healthy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TheRedStain's comment:

You are convieniently ignoring one crucial fact. Look at the photo of Rondo; in the bottom- left corner it explains his low ranking: "uncertainty" being the key word. This obviously pertains to coming back healthy from his ACL injury. If he does, he'll move up that list and be a top-5 PG. Can he shoot threes like Curry? Nope. But he can run the floor, hit the open jumper, is a passing wizard, can take it to the hoop and can defend. Let's check this "ranking" again after he is healthy.
    'Stain

Stain, i think that "you are conveniently ignoring one crucial fact".  Read my initial post. I am only posting this to provide a NEUTRAL counterpoint to a very biased R9R thread here on BDC. I didnt miss anything. This has nothing to do with my point of view. Its a contrast between another BDC poster and the article's author who i would deem to have tons more credibility than some unvalidated ranking system that a Rondo loyalist is pushing out there.  Check your self. Thanks. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The uncertainty issue surrounding Rondo is much broader than just his recovery from ACL injury.

It also has to do with his leadership skills and his ability to take on more responsibility as a scorer with far less talent surrounding him than in previous years.

We'll see how Rondo does when defenses begin to crowd him just a bit because there are no longer legit scorers around like KG or CPP or RA to double anymore.

My guess is that defenders will force Rondo to take midrange contested jumpers for the first time in his career... and that could get  humiliating UGLY indeed, both from the floor and from the foul line too.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Prakash,

You're correct about the difference but neither you nor the author, none of us, know for certain how DR will perform in the upcoming season.

My guess, he based his opinion on the level DR played before his injury without taking in consideration his injury, its severety and his rehab, while taking in consideration RR's injury (which I agree with).

AK

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

The uncertainty issue surrounding Rondo is much broader than just his recovery from ACL injury.

It also has to do with his leadership skills and his ability to take on more responsibility as a scorer with far less talent surrounding him than in previous years.

We'll see how Rondo does when defenses begin to crowd him just a bit because there are no longer legit scorers around like KG or CPP or RA to double anymore.

My guess is that defenders will force Rondo to take midrange contested jumpers for the first time in his career... and that could get  humiliating UGLY indeed, both from the floor and from the foul line too.

Pud

i believe the author of the article was more than generous in his assessment. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

I wouldn't put Curry or Lillard over Rondo. I believe this current crop of point guards in the league right now is probably the best that this league has seen in a long time. If not, forever. There's so many good ones to choose from. Wait a minute, I'm not saying they are better then PG's of old. Just that there is more of them in the league now then there used to be. Shame it's not the case with quality big men. Alot will be put on Rondos' shoulders this year. Hopefully it wil be quite.... telling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Maybe this assesment is unbiased but who said that it is accurate?

R9R suggested a formula never said that it's sacred cow, then you came up with an article that more or less corresponds with your opinion and you call it "the truth"? Bwahahaha!Laughing

By the way did you read that part: 

With improved depth this season the Trail Blazers will be a solid team, which is what pushes Lillard past the more accomplished Rondo.

It means that the author takes into account team's overall strength and many people think that this Celtics team is very weak unlike other PG's teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

R9R suggested a formula never said that it's sacred cow, then you came up with an article that more or less corresponds with your opinion and you call it "the truth"? Bwahahaha!Laughing

With improved depth this season the Trail Blazers will be a solid team, which is what pushes Lillard past the more accomplished Rondo.

It means that the author takes into account team's overall strength and many people think that this Celtics team is very weak unlike other PG's teams.

You dont have a clue what u r trying to say. R U R9R's Daddy?  Damn. Did you read the part where Rondo wasn't close to being the best PG in the NBA even though he thought so?  Dude is as LOST as you and R9R. And so you know, this was the first and most recent article about Romdo that i could find. Keep lying to yourself. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Rally you are fooling yourself if you think Bleacher is unbiased. The thing I posted which ranks using a score of stats is also biased. You are a complete fool if you think that you can post a link to a websites ranking and call it unbiased. FOOL

The only "unbiased" rankings of a point guard would be to take one stat like APG, rank every PG in the league and say that xyz player is the best APG PG in the league. Without that qualifier, its biased. Anyones opinion, IS BIASED. Why do you think we are having an endless debate if there were such a thing as an unbiased definitive ranking. ITS INHERENTLY BIASED.

Understand?¿?¿?¿?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

You dont have a clue what u r trying to say. R U R9R's Daddy?  Damn. Did you read the part where Rondo wasn't close to being the best PG in the NBA even though he thought so?  Dude is as LOST as you and R9R. And so you know, this was the first and most recent article about Romdo that i could find. Keep lying to yourself. 

I don't care even if he thinks he's the best player of the universe. He's one of the best pointguards in the game right now and that's the only thing that matters.

There's no objective criteria to use in player rankings. And you're acting like this article is a sacred cow. There's no unbiased ranking otherwise it'd be known as a fact. Can you grasp this simple concept instead of making stupid innuendo?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Rally you are fooling yourself if you think Bleacher is unbiased. The thing I posted which ranks using a score of stats is also biased. You are a complete fool if you think that you can post a link to a websites ranking and call it unbiased. FOOL

The only "unbiased" rankings of a point guard would be to take one stat like APG, rank every PG in the league and say that xyz player is the best APG PG in the league. Without that qualifier, its biased. Anyones opinion, IS BIASED. Why do you think we are having an endless debate if there were such a thing as an unbiased definitive ranking. ITS INHERENTLY BIASED.

Understand?¿?¿?¿?

I think by unbiased he mens someone without Rondo's name or number in his alias on some website...LOL.

Look R9R we all know you think Rondo is a hall of fame type player.

nothing wrong with having a favorite player or thinking he is the best (maybe ever even).

but you have to admit that making a skewed stats model that promotes your favorite player isn;t going to be considered "neutral" by most.

you still fail to see that you used data that OVER stated Rondo's skills (assits totals or per game) but UNDER stated his flaws ( poor FT, FG and  3 pt shooting).

Rondo is NOT the best PG in the NBA right now (much less a hall of fame player).

you BELEIVE he will the Best ( or maybe you think he is the best now), but the numbers say it aint so.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

Understand?¿?¿?¿?

I think by unbiased he mens someone without Rondo's name or number in his alias on some website...LOL.

Look R9R we all know you think Rondo is a hall of fame type player.

nothing wrong with having a favorite player or thinking he is the best (maybe ever even).

but you have to admit that making a skewed stats model that promotes your favorite player isn;t going to be considered "neutral" by most.

you still fail to see that you used data that OVER stated Rondo's skills (assits totals or per game) but UNDER stated his flaws ( poor FT, FG and  3 pt shooting).

Rondo is NOT the best PG in the NBA right now (much less a hall of fame player).

you BELEIVE he will the Best ( or maybe you think he is the best now), but the numbers say it aint so.

Hey R9R, maybe you will hear the message if it comes from a different messanger. Thanks for trying KDP, but as the saying goes, "love is blind"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I don't care even if he thinks he's the best player of the universe. He's one of the best pointguards in the game right now and that's the only thing that matters.

There's no objective criteria to use in player rankings. And you're acting like this article is a sacred cow. There's no unbiased ranking otherwise it'd be known as a fact. Can you grasp this simple concept instead of making stupid innuendo?

But there is objective criteria! Wins and losses while playing! oh wait, cant use that because of the other guys playing better when he went down was only a"synthetic" improvement. You Rondo freaks are a cult. R9R is the High Leader  Yeah Rondo is one of the best PGs in the game. There are about 30 of them and Rondo is damned good to be one of them. Top 10? Barely, if at all. Unless you ask R9R or Rajon himself, of course. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This is not a good source. Williams is better than 8th and no way is Rose second and Parker third.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

This is not a good source. Williams is better than 8th and no way is Rose second and Parker third.

But its at least as good as R9R, no? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

But there is objective criteria! Wins and losses while playing! oh wait, cant use that because of the other guys playing better when he went down was only a"synthetic" improvement. You Rondo freaks are a cult. R9R is the High Leader  Yeah Rondo is one of the best PGs in the game. There are about 30 of them and Rondo is damned good to be one of them. Top 10? Barely, if at all. Unless you ask R9R or Rajon himself, of course. 

I think you've already had a discussion about sample size. Kobe Bryant tore his Achilles tendon and after that the Lakers went 2-0 in the regular season. Are the Lakers better without Bryant? Can we say that he's barely top 10 SG because his team was 100% after his injury?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

What I want from Rondo are his defensive intensity to be back, a little less of dominating the ball on offense, and no sulking when things are not necessary going well on a given night. His inability to shoot well from the outside is what it is but he is capable of being top PG in the league, but the question is would he be able to mentally stay in focus and play at a high level at all phases of the game all the time?  When he is right, not many PG can do what he does.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

What I want from Rondo are his defensive intensity to be back, a little less of dominating the ball on offense, and no sulking when things are not necessary going well on a given night. His inability to shoot well from the outside is what it is but he is capable of being top PG in the league, but the question is would he be able to mentally stay in focus and play at a high level at all phases of the game all the time?  When he is right, not many PG can do what he does.

Damn Scub! You sure are asking a lot from what R9R and the rest of the Rondo Brotherhood call one of "the Top PGs in the NBA." Sounds to me that he is far from that based on your wish list. Good on you for pointing out his weaknesses. Sounds like he's got a whole lot to prove, not to mention his need to prove a full ACL recovery. Hmmmmm..........Brandon Knight and Drummond/Monroe sound pretty good about right now, eh?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd take Rondo over Wall, even coming back from injury

Lillard and Curry are, in my mind, SG's with PG height forced into that slot. I don't count them in pure PG rankings. They are hybrid's in a category with players like Monta Ellis, Ben Gordon, Nate Robinson and Lin.

So Rondo is right now the 7th best PG in the NBA. He can rise or fall depending on how well he heals and then adjusts to the post Doc, PP and KG era.

Sections
Shortcuts