Re: Uncle Jeff will play some SG

Trying to find minutes for GW, at SF?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Exactly.  but I can't see GW effctively chasing a SG around the floor though.  This really tells me that Danny and Brad really do not care at all about winning games, but rather experimentation, showcasing trade bait, and on court development.  This bodes well for a good lottery spot and should be very entertaining to watch.  This team will be loose as a goose in contrast to Docs stale predictable system.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

That's the 1st thing to hit my mind as well. As limited as we are, try anything.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

[QUOTE]

Exactly.  but I can't see GW effctively chasing a SG around the floor though.  This really tells me that Danny and Brad really do not care at all about winning games, but rather experimentation, showcasing trade bait, and on court development.  This bodes well for a good lottery spot and should be very entertaining to watch.  This team will be loose as a goose in contrast to Docs stale predictable system.

[/QUOTE]

even the real celtic fans

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think this is ridiculous. Jeff isn't a SG, hes a 3/4. To me, Jeff playing the 2 means that the 3,4 and 5 are all played by people who can't play the 2 like Bass, Olynyk, Sully. If thats the lineup with Green and Rondo or Bradley, then fine. Lets see how that goes.

If its Bradley, Green, Wallace, Bass, Sully ... thats not Jeff playing the 2. Thats playing two 3's or Wallace at the 2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Not only that, 2 guard is the one position we're way overbooked in.  To me it's much more likely to see green at the 4 than the 2.  Esp until sully gets back.

Defensively, teams won't match their two's up against him....who do we have that we can put on the floor thats' bigger to make them use the two on jeff defensively?

Silliness.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We already have 5 SG's. (Bradley, Brooks, Bogans, Lee and Crawford)

That's more than enough minutes accounted for at that position.

Does Green have the lateral speed to contain D Wade? Joe Johnson? Bradley Beal? J.R. Smith?

Not a mismatch in our favor I think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

This is what I expected from Stevens, though. Experiments and not putting former starters on the bench (Bradley, Green, Wallace, BASS, Humphries) He's afraid to play Brooks ahead of Bass, Lee, Crawford, Bogans and Bradley(more seniority and NBA experience than Brooks, but not necessarily more skilled)

Or does Green have the most reliable 3 on the team and we need him there to stretch the floor?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Its' one thing to put a player in a position on offense, it's a totally different thing to force your opponents to guard him with that same position.  Regardless, other teams won't defend him with their twos.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Green is our best 3 point shooter, why not play him some at the two. AB, Green, Wallace, KO and Humphries, would be a line up i would not mind seeing on the court from time to time. 

Speaking of mismatches. i think Green could guard them better then they could guard him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I am of the opinion that there are a lot or twos he could guard.  Someone mentioned dwade for example.  I think he's quick enough and long enough to easilly handle wade (these days).

Ray allen could never get the ball against jeff unless he left to double.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

If this season turns into 'experimenting with putting players in non-standard positions' then it is a clear sign of tanking.

Simmons made this point with Orlando who is 'experimenting' with playing Oladipo at the point this season. Thats not an experiment, that a tanking strategy.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

If Jeff plays the 2, we are not interested in wins. But you shouldn't be when rebuilding. The goal should be player eval and execution as a team. Who are the best team players and who are the lazy doggers or poor bball IQ guys.

I would like to see Bass at the 3 while we are at it.

As fans we are paying to see this team play hard, experiment and develop.Wins are icing on the cake.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Whatever you call it, Jeff is now the wing player who will chuck threes and take it to the rim a la Kobe, CPP, LeBron, Durant.  Not sure he can be that player but it is worth finding out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

We may have a real coach this year that says let em worry about us.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I ahjve a feeling that our lineups will be about matchups not traditional 1 2 3 4 5s

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:

We may have a real coach this year that says let em worry about us.

i could live with that.

Sections
Shortcuts