Call me absolutely crazy, but I feel a lot of you guys are underselling on what this team is capable of this year. We have good players, not a bunch of scrubs, and I expect us to be much better this season IF HEALTHY.
1. Rondo - Year back from knee surgery, and in a contract year. Showed a better shooting touch last year, really should have a huge year. (Smart, Pressey, backups with good potential as well. Smart elite defensively already.)
2. Bradley - If he can stay healthy, causes havoc for opposing guards and also has a promising offensive game coming along. Could do much worse at starting 2. ( Marcus Thornton is a 13 ppg guy off the bench. VALUE. Young, I save judgment bc I haven't seen him play enough.)
3. Jeff Green - Once again, the x factor. Losing hope in his ability to be consistent, but we all know the potential is there. If he can somehow get his mindset right, he changes this whole Celtics team. Remember, not everyone gets it right away. I know Jeff has been in this league awhile, but this is really only year 2 where he is asked to be "the guy". (Wallace, bleh. hope his contract is traded, but def not the worst option at backup 3.)
4. Sullinger - x factor 2. opinions on him vary but in my eyes he is a stud. Has a very unique knack for the basketball, one of the best offensive rebounders in the nba already. Also developing a pretty good offensive game. No question this guy can and should be an allstar in the next couple years. ( Olynyk, developing a decent game, can do some things most bigs cant [ex passing]. When played in the right position he can be very affective.)
5. Zeller - 7 foot Center with offense. Did not have this last year. Allows us to play our other bigs in their better suited 4 positions. Steal for Danny Ainge.