Understand Perk/Nate trade..............but why did we HAVE TO trade the other guys?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Understand Perk/Nate trade..............but why did we HAVE TO trade the other guys?

Did Ainge really have a good reason for it? He could have stopped with Perk/Nate trade....so why do the others?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Understand Perk/Nate trade..............but why did we HAVE TO trade the other guys?

In Response to Understand Perk/Nate trade..............but why did we HAVE TO trade the other guys?:
    [QUOTE]Did Ainge really have a good reason for it? He could have stopped with Perk/Nate trade....so why do the others?
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

He traded the others so that he could pick up players with experience that could help us during the playoffs.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Understand Perk/Nate trade..............but why did we HAVE TO trade the other guys?

In Response to Re: Understand Perk/Nate trade..............but why did we HAVE TO trade the other guys?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Understand Perk/Nate trade..............but why did we HAVE TO trade the other guys? : He traded the others so that he could pick up players with experience that could help us during the playoffs.   
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was his idea, but none of them played. Ainge made a mistake getting rid of Erden.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Understand Perk/Nate trade..............but why did we HAVE TO trade the other guys?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Understand Perk/Nate trade..............but why did we HAVE TO trade the other guys? : Yeah, that was his idea, but none of them played. Ainge made a mistake getting rid of Erden.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Erden.  I believe he will only get better every year.  I would imagine that Danny will regret trading him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

I agree with some of the posters.  Danny was trying to clear space to try to bring experienced players on who would hopefully help win the Championship, this year.  It almost looked like he felt bad for the Cavs and was trying to help them.  But he is too professional.  I seriously don't think he would do that.  Harangody and Erden have very decent potential but there is no guarantee that they will become good rotational players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Yeah, I hope DA learned some lessons from last year because he kind of blew it in regards to the bench. Taking on veteran reclamation projects and letting go of young role players made this team slow and old.

Harangody and Erden may have been green but they hustled and because they went through a whole training camp with the Celts, they probably would've contributed more down the stretch than Murphy and others.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Understand Perk/Nate trade..............but why did we HAVE TO trade the other guys? : BINGO!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they were never used. Murphy, Sasha, Arroyo, were never used in the playoffs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Why do you understand the Perk trade? The one thing the Celts had over the other leading eastern teams was deeper experience playing together and chemistry. Once that was gone, young legs won out. 

Admittedly, Ainge's other trades after Perk were dumb as well, but it was the Perk trade that hurt us the most. I'll take that statement back if we win a championship next year with Jeff Green playing a major role. Yeah right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The trades for the other players was not for the playoffs. It was to complete the regular season, have backups for our starters and adding some experience..

If youve observed DOc the last 4 years it should be clear that when the playoffs roll around, he shortens his rotations more so than any other coach in the league. So all these extra bodies werent gonna be playing for us in the playoffs..

It was gonna be JON, KG, PP, Ray & Rondo... with Shaq, BBD, Green and DWest off the bench... that was it,the rest of the guys were dead weight come playoff time..  only thing DA/Doc didnt count on was Shaq never getting back

Sections
Shortcuts