Unnecessary Spending

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Unnecessary Spending

h3ll yeahhhhh! AINGE IS LISTENING TO YOU !  He has work to do.....he has no time to follow your thread 24/7

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Unnecessary spending matters a lot less yesterday when you said it is going to be crystal clear that we will have plenty of room next season.  Now adding an MLE could have unnecessary burden?  Otherwise, yes I agree with looking forward and saving as much as we can until the time is right.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Or they can just renounce and sign with cap money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

I think the Celts should hold off on signing players using the MLE or acquire player or players using the 10.3m TPE.

Why?

Next season FA big men like LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez, and Kevin Love are going to become free-agents.

While Rondo should be traded, I think the Celts should only trade Rondo for 1st round picks.

Taking back a contract or contracts for Rondo hurts the Celts' cap flexibility for next summer.

And even if the Celts don't make any moves this summer, Rondo, Bass, and Joel Anthony all have expiring deals which total 23.6m.

So why waste money on a player like Spencer Hawes?

If Ainge wants Jordan Hill then Ainge should trade Bass for a 2nd rounder then use the removed salary of Bass to sign Jordan Hill.

Using the MLE on Jordan Hill will mean an additional 5.3m added to the Celts' payroll for next season.

The Celtics are better off waiting for next summer to make a big splash in free-agency.

Fierce - do you think Love will come to Boston if Rondo is traded?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Oops you beat me to it.

The point is you don't need to go after unnecessary contracts that cost a lot of money and I see no difference between free agents and your own players.  But I see that you don't always agree with that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

I think the Celts should hold off on signing players using the MLE or acquire player or players using the 10.3m TPE.

Why?

Next season FA big men like LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez, and Kevin Love are going to become free-agents.

While Rondo should be traded, I think the Celts should only trade Rondo for 1st round picks.

Taking back a contract or contracts for Rondo hurts the Celts' cap flexibility for next summer.

And even if the Celts don't make any moves this summer, Rondo, Bass, and Joel Anthony all have expiring deals which total 23.6m.

So why waste money on a player like Spencer Hawes?

If Ainge wants Jordan Hill then Ainge should trade Bass for a 2nd rounder then use the removed salary of Bass to sign Jordan Hill.

Using the MLE on Jordan Hill will mean an additional 5.3m added to the Celts' payroll for next season.

The Celtics are better off waiting for next summer to make a big splash in free-agency.

I agree. Fringe players are not going to get it done.  Play next season with what they have and then go for free agents. Sign and trades mean the Cs are taking back salaries. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Its not a bad plan - DA has some tough calls to make - spend or not to spend - trade or not to trade - those are the questions! 

Fierce - do you think Love will come to Boston if Rondo is traded?

No.

That's I why said don't waste money because if both Rondo and Love end up not getting traded, the Celts can offer both Love and Rondo max deals next summer.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Celts only have 31.47m in total guaranteed salaries next season.

And that already includes Jeff Green opting in for the final year of his contract.

With some of the salaries being paid out to wing players the past few days - J. Green could opt out next summer - especially if he has a solid season!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Its not a bad plan - DA has some tough calls to make - spend or not to spend - trade or not to trade - those are the questions! 

Here's the thing, the Celts have 31.47m in total guaranteed salaries for next season.

If the salary cap next season is around 65m, the Celts can afford 2 max players.

But if the Celts use the MLE this season, they can only afford 1 max player next summer.

If they renounce all the rest of the non-gaurantee contracts and there are many that will be worth keeping.  Again, being careful with money is important, you never know when you are going to need it.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

If they renounce all the rest of the non-gaurantee contracts and there are many that will be worth keeping.  Again, being careful with money is important, you never know when you are going to need it.

Celts only need to renounce Hump, Bayless, Bogans, and Babb.

Pressey and Chris Johnson are keepers.

I mean in your scenario to have only 31.47m i n salary to potentially sign 2 max players,  they need to renounce the rest of non-gaurantee including Sully, Only, Fav, etc...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I mean in your scenario to have only 31.47m i n salary to potentially sign 2 max players,  they need to renounce the rest of non-gaurantee including Sully, Only, Fav, etc...

Sully is on a rookie contract.

His contract is guaranteed.

Only Fav, Johnson, Pressey, Babb, and Bogans have non-guaranteed contracts for next season.

Only guarantee for first two years.  Do you include everyone in 31.47m? If not, all those players need to be renounced to have 31.47m. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Only guarantee for first two years.  Do you include everyone in 31.47m?

Wallace, Green, AB, Sully, and Oly total 31.47m next season.

Plus 2 rookies this year and 2 more next year?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts