Unqualified Disaster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Unqualified Disaster

It will be an unqualified disaster if the Celtics get 30+ wins this year.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Unqualified Disaster

Your both wrong. We're not gonna be in the lottery unless we can trade our way in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

You realize lottery is for any team that does not make the playoffs, right?  So far we barely beat Utah and Orlando.  I don't think we get to 30 wins.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

HA HA HA, 4Q2 pal. You have a bad habit of trying to make anyone who doesn't agree with to be foolish. Keep laughing, keep laughing, we'll see.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Feel free to cite some of those feats.  How could going against common sense and reasonable projection be a common occurrences and habits?  It is a really wild prediction to say the Celtics is going to make the playoffs.  That is 40+ wins territory.  We barely made that last year.  No one is foolish here, just shooting the breeze.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

So.....we should fire Brad if we make the playoffs??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

You have a bad habit of trying to make anyone who doesn't agree with to be foolish.

I agree. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Your both wrong. We're not gonna be in the lottery unless we can trade our way in.

I am with you on this one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Are you guys talking "lottery" or top 5?

I think we absolutely make the lottery  (not making the playoffs), but unsure at this time if we get a top 5 pick!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i'll say we do not get a top 5 pick by virtue of W-L record and good ping pong fortune. my guess and preference is danny cooks up something appealing by way of trade(s). 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

There is a much better chance of the Celtics finishing dead last than them finishing better than even 5 teams.  Any discussion of them making the playoffs is laughably delussional.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

i'll say we do not get a top 5 pick by virtue of W-L record and good ping pong fortune. my guess and preference is danny cooks up something appealing by way of trade(s). 

That's fine.....I'm okay with that prediction.  But, we do end up in the lottery, right?

Also, I've been very pre-occupied this summer........how many 1st rounders do we have in THIS draft?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Are you guys talking "lottery" or top 5?

I think we absolutely make the lottery  (not making the playoffs), but unsure at this time if we get a top 5 pick!

If we end up at the 10-14 pick, then we are in trouble....pretty much as bad as being the 8th seed in the playoffs.  I want a top 5 pick and I do not believe the Celtics will be that bad.  They have played very well so far and have been in every game.  Plus at some point, this team will be getting Rondo back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

teejay, one thing I've learned over the 50+ years I've been rooting for the Celtics is that losing a lot of close games in which you were leading or trailing by just a few points at some point in the fourth quarter is not an indication that you are just a little bit away from being a respectable team.  It means that your opponents know that you aren't very good, play down to your level for most of the game, and then win it at the end because they up their intensity, and you can't match them when they play at that level.

Rondo is a terrific player, but the gap that needs to be closed in order to make this team a respectable one is, in my opinion, too great for even his talents to close.  The Celts may, however, become good enough with him added to the equation to play themselves out of having a good chance to get one of the top four or five picks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

There is a much better chance of the Celtics finishing dead last than them finishing better than even 5 teams.  Any discussion of them making the playoffs is laughably delussional.

10-4 with you on this one....it's not that they don't want to win, they just don't have the player talent to get it done...their frontcourt of short, physicaly weak and not too athletic and they don't have an NBA ready point guard but one, and he's hurt right now....

I'm not sure.  They have been in every single game....and this team hasn't gelled yet.  When the chemistry and rotations become more consistent and Rondo comes back, they are going to win some games.  Their talent base also is not as bad as some think.  They have some very smart players - Olynyk, Sullinger, Rondo (when he comes back)- and some good players - Green (when he wants to be).  Wallace is a great guy to come off the bench.  I'm not saying they are going to be good by any stretch, but they may be just good enough to keep us on the fringe of mediocrity, which is death in the NBA.  This is my concern.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

A final thought:  The Celtics are not a lucky team.  To hope for losses and expect that the ping-pong balls are going to bounce us into a top five pick is silly as salivating over signing Tim Duncan or Oden/Durant.  Danny is certainly playing all the angles, but you can expect he in not counting on the lottery.  Enjoy the games for what they are, watch chemistry develop (or not), watch the youngsters mature, see Brad turn into an NBA coach, enjoy the high points, throw shoes at your television when necessary -- but don't obsess over next year's team until, say, next July.  :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In reality there is no such thing as bad luck over time.  It has everything to do with mathamatical Odds.  and Odds are that we will have better luck with the ping pong balls than in the past.

But we need not worry about the ping pong balls and luck.  After the first 3 teams with the worst records where picks which are awarded by weighted chance (and the Celtics will likely be one of those), the rest are awarded in order of season record.  There are 5 potentail number one picks in this draft and we are assured to get one of them.  We are not finishing better than 5th worst team in the league.  No way. No how. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

True. If you believe the lottery is legit.  Many don't.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

After Miami beats Boston tonight, some of this playoff talk will look silly.

Celts are about to start the season at 2-5 and the Celtics will still have to face the Blazers, Wolves, Rockets, Spurs, and Pacers.

That's another 5 losses.

The Celts will be lucky if they get 5 wins this month.

I do not believe we are a playoff team, but I believe we may fall out of the 5 worst teams.  Jazz look horrible as does Denver.

Sections
Shortcuts