Unusual Love Affair with Anthony Tolliver

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Re: Unusual Love Affair with Anthony Tolliver

This is hilarious. lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

"Doc Blithers" is funny??

Also Tolliver played for the Spurs.  I think they might have had a winning percentage over 350.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Unusual Love Affair with Anthony Tolliver:
    [QUOTE]"Doc Blithers" is funny?? Also Tolliver played for the Spurs.  I think they might have had a winning percentage over 350.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

c'mon snakes, come stronger than that.  with the spurs, tolly averaged 2.7 and 2.2 on 29% field goal shooting.  in other words, he was less of an impact player than a fartte in the wind.  but nice try painting tolly into a player of any consequence on the league!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Dude you seem to totally miss the point.  I didn't say he had consequence I said he played for a team with a winning record.  How did I try and paint him "of consequence"?  Davis isn't of consequence either.  they are both back up bigs that don't board well.  You think Davis would be ripping it up in Minny?  Or do you think he would be sitting behind Kevin Love?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

why bother mentioning that tolliver played with the spurs if the guy who made sure the toilet paper was just so in the locker room had more of an impact on the team? 

tolliver's only time on the floor doing anything was with GS and Minny- two of the worst teams in the league.  People like M8 think Tolliver is the same if not better player than Davis when there is no comparison given the 30-40 win disparities on the team the two play on.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]why bother mentioning that tolliver played with the spurs if the guy who made sure the toilet paper was just so in the locker room had more of an impact on the team?  tolliver's only time on the floor doing anything was with GS and Minny- two of the worst teams in the league.  People like M8 think Tolliver is the same if not better player than Davis when there is no comparison given the 30-40 win disparities on the team the two play on.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I mentioned it because you bothered to mention that Tolliver had played on teams with losing records.  Neither Tollliver nor Davis are good enough to have any real impact on a team.  Do you really the Wolves would have been significantly better with Davis and the Celtics Significantly worse with Tolliver?

This is like an argument over who is better, Ron Brewer or Gary Neal?  Tolliver isn't that good.  Neither is Davis.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]and the latest quote by videoburns: " I'm not OK with 34 staying after his Perk post....  and I have made that quite clear in several posts." Need any more proof Fierce ... Fierce .... Anyone? 21st .... 21st .... Anyone?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Hey, arshole! Or should I say trollbreath!

You lose a bet and you're trying to weasel your way out of it by pointing us to a thread where Fierce didn't have a single post on it? That's how stupid you are?

A few days ago you told everyone here that searching the archives is "childish". But a few hours ago you bombarded this thread with consecutive posts filled with archive material. Are you flip-flopping or you're just a hypocrite?

Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

posted at 5/29/2011 1:26 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 5/31/2011
    In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?:
    In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : I have proof and have shown it to the entire board that you clearly lost in our bet and you failed to honor the bet. Now, where's your proof about my alleged promise?  It's simple, Mployee8, if you can't backup your allegations then you must be making stuff up!
    Posted by Fiercest34

I won't search the archives, that's childish. Their have been plenty on these boards that have indicated their dissappointment with you for breaking your promise and I just posted the one that I read which in and of itself is plenty of proof that you said it.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unusual Love Affair with Anthony Tolliver : I mentioned it because you bothered to mention that Tolliver had played on teams with losing records.  Neither Tollliver nor Davis are good enough to have any real impact on a team.  Do you really the Wolves would have been significantly better with Davis and the Celtics Significantly worse with Tolliver? This is like an argument over who is better, Ron Brewer or Gary Neal?  Tolliver isn't that good.  Neither is Davis.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

ok nostrildamus- couple o' questions- was that davis or tolliver who stepped in when KG was down in '09 and led us on a surprise run deeper into the playoffs than anyone thought we would go?  didn't we get to the eastern finals, within 5 or 6 wins of winning it all with davis playing over his head?  again, he wasn't "the perfect" #4 but in my mind proved that he belonged as a pro player and as a Celtic

also, how do you know davis was not still hampered by the patellar tendon injury coming into the playoffs?  do you really think that someone's skills just up and disappear like that at age 24 and are gone forever?  it really doesn't happen like that.  davis had a bad post season but he also had that injury, and was played for a long time due to the shak injury WITH that patellar injury before he got a brief rest, probably not enough to abate the inflammation.

it's interesting how so many celts down through time get the benefit of the doubt and davis gets nothing.  i mean he gets less than nothing.  largely because of the extremely negative light that doc rivers has painted him in.  but i am a pretty good judge of character- i don't see any of the big 3 taking issue with davis' skill level, effort level in the game.  inevitably you can see facial expressions if not outright snits in timeout huddles if one player is not on the page with everyone else.

and why, if davis stinks, did doc rivers make him the "finisher" on a team earlier this season (even with shak healthy), that celts team was pretty hot and they were getting it done down the stretch with davis finishing games at the 5.... how could dat be?  you got a short memory?  i thought we were looking pretty elite down the stretch of games w/ davis finishing at the 5.  he was hitting a lot of shots and making a lot of plays defenisvely to preserve if not gain us wins.

but alas, one poor sretch of games by a guy who has been a gamer for three years and you're ready to plug in this dingbat tolliver and you think things won't miss a beat.  to that end, can we just go ahead and jettison rondo and his 10M a year and 50% free throw shooting and just get the modern day rory sparrow to lead this club?  right?  doesn't that work?  or is it just okay for rondo to stink perpetually and davis is not allowed any sort of leeway. 

that's how it works in boston and with doc.  glen davis is the ONLY one doc has sold out to the press.  and glen davis is the only one on this team who has been 1st or 2nd in the league taking charges the last two years.  what's wrong with that picture?  glen davis or doc rivers?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unusual Love Affair with Anthony Tolliver : ok nostrildamus- couple o' questions- was that davis or tolliver who stepped in when KG was down in '09 and led us on a surprise run deeper into the playoffs than anyone thought we would go?  didn't we get to the eastern finals, within 5 or 6 wins of winning it all with davis playing over his head?  again, he wasn't "the perfect" #4 but in my mind proved that he belonged as a pro player and as a Celtic also, how do you know davis was not still hampered by the patellar tendon injury coming into the playoffs?  do you really think that someone's skills just up and disappear like that at age 24 and are gone forever?  it really doesn't happen like that.  davis had a bad post season but he also had that injury, and was played for a long time due to the shak injury WITH that patellar injury before he got a brief rest, probably not enough to abate the inflammation. it's interesting how so many celts down through time get the benefit of the doubt and davis gets nothing.  i mean he gets less than nothing.  largely because of the extremely negative light that doc rivers has painted him in.  but i am a pretty good judge of character- i don't see any of the big 3 taking issue with davis' skill level, effort level in the game.  inevitably you can see facial expressions if not outright snits in timeout huddles if one player is not on the page with everyone else. and why, if davis stinks, did doc rivers make him the "finisher" on a team earlier this season (even with shak healthy), that celts team was pretty hot and they were getting it done down the stretch with davis finishing games at the 5.... how could dat be?  you got a short memory?  i thought we were looking pretty elite down the stretch of games w/ davis finishing at the 5.  he was hitting a lot of shots and making a lot of plays defenisvely to preserve if not gain us wins. but alas, one poor sretch of games by a guy who has been a gamer for three years and you're ready to plug in this dingbat tolliver and you think things won't miss a beat.  to that end, can we just go ahead and jettison rondo and his 10M a year and 50% free throw shooting and just get the modern day rory sparrow to lead this club?  right?  doesn't that work?  or is it just okay for rondo to stink perpetually and davis is not allowed any sort of leeway.  that's how it works in boston and with doc.  glen davis is the ONLY one doc has sold out to the press.  and glen davis is the only one on this team who has been 1st or 2nd in the league taking charges the last two years.  what's wrong with that picture?  glen davis or doc rivers?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I didn't say he "stinks" He is a good back up and a mediocre starter.  He works hard on D and is good at it, although he cant block shots he makes up for it by taking charges.  On Offense he has a cute little jump shot and is a good garbage man around the hoop but sometimes falls in love with his shot a bit too much.  He is a bad rebounder for a big. he is a good guy to have on a team and works hard on the floor but his skills are limited.  

I would take him over Tolliver.  but not by much.  You like Davis because he is your favorite player.  It's obvious.

Thats my assessment.  I don't think any of the above is because of Doc Rivers.  I also have no idea why you keep bringing up rondo on a thread about Davis.  do you have a point with that?

Sections
Shortcuts