Update: Darko is a Celtic

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Update: Darko is a Celtic

You never left the board in the first place.  You are a liar and a welcher, and I hope no Celtics fans on here give you the time of day.  You never talk hoop, you are just a jerk!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you have to be a moron every day of your life? 

You brought the Darko story to the board. Wow!!  It would be great if it were not just another middle of the pack scrub joining the Celtics. Too bad you like hedley/Red-Russ made out like fools with Dwight becoming a Laker.  

As far as me coming back to the board early, Red-Russ could not leave well enough alone and started accusing others on the board of being me. I came back to put him into his place and did a fine job of  it. Have a great day!

[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about Darko being a great player?

All I said was I reported it and it panned out.

Since when did I say the Celts got a great big man in Darko?

[/QUOTE]

For someone to compare averages of a player, you must think he is pretty darn good. Just sayin' Anyways, good luck with Darko this year. Hopefully he can maintain those awesome numbers that he has always produced.

ROTFLMAO!!!

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

The Celtics we already a deep bench.  From here on out you can only make little improvements to a roster, with what's left of the free agents.  Big improvements will only come via trade here on out.  That said, with the vet min Danny just improved the teams depth just a little.  Darko is an improvement over Collins and adds more depth.  Is it a block buster..... No.  But it does help where the Celtics are at it's weakest point, Center depth. 

GM's around the league are always looking to improve their rosters with big moves as well as small ones.  But their goals are always to improve and Danny did that.  Also creates more competition in camp and Darko should feel very comfortable since training camp will be in Europe.  Where by the way the Celtics started their last championship run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I'm still giddy with excitement.

We have a 27 year old 7 footer, a #2 draft pick coming off the bench because he will be unable to crack the starting front court and probably not even the 2nd unit. 

Two threads announcing this 7 footer's arrival. YOu'd a thought that another 7 footer, the one  who recently stiffed  Orlando had just walked thru the door.

Dudder's revenge! 

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We have a 27 year old 7 footer, a #2 draft pick coming off the bench because he will be unable to crack the starting front court and probably not even the 2nd unit. 

Two threads announcing this 7 footer's arrival. YOu'd a thought that another 7 footer, the one  who recently stiffed  Orlando had just walked thru the door.

Dudder's revenge! 

Pud

Actually I don't think anyone said anything about Darko other than he might be able to play some minutes at back up center.  Which was why he was signed.

I am not sure what you are talking about.  Can you point to anyone that has said something about Darko being signed that is overly positive?  

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Where is run when we need him???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The C's could really put a big line up on the floor at times. Doc could have Rondo, Pierce, Green, KG and Darko or Sully at times. It wouldn't work all the time, but i wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see it at some points this season!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

IMO signing Darko is a smart, low cost, low risk move by DA. This is probably the best team Darko will ever play on. Who knows? He may finally have a breakout year on this veteran Celtic team. One thing we can be certain of is that Doc and KG will not allow Darko to slack off. If he turns out to be a bust, the team can simply cut him from the lineup.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The C's could really put a big line up on the floor at times. Doc could have Rondo, Pierce, Green, KG and Darko or Sully at times. It wouldn't work all the time, but i wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see it at some points this season!!

[/QUOTE]

Agree. Now the Celtics have options, can go small and can go big. Doc doesn't have to play small ball all the time.

[/QUOTE] Does this mean Melo will spend most of the season in the D league? I would love it if he came in and showed Doc he was good enough to play right now, but that's probably just wishful thinking!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dudder's revenge! 

Pud

[/QUOTE]

You must have a good view from your high pedestal.  I just see Lakers trolls worried about six more hard fouls on Dwight Howard.  And Fierce and Red bickering with them.  Would you have preferred Ryan hollins over Darko?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does this mean Melo will spend most of the season in the D league? I would love it if he came in and showed Doc he was good enough to play right now, but that's probably just wishful thinking!!

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics have room for a big backup 5.  That honor will go to one of Collins, Melo and Darko.  Unless Sullinger becomes a very strong contributor and improves his defence, Doc will have to keep a big backup 5.

The best thing about the presence of Collins and Darko is that Melo may quickly come to conclude that he is better than some NBA 5s.  Hopefully that confidence boost will enable him to make a bigger contribution.

With Melo, the first step is for him to believe that he belongs and the second is for him to get some hang of things.  I am hoping that he does not get sent to the D-League.  We will know after the training camp.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

From what I saw from summer league play, Melo is very raw. Just like Perk when Perk was drafted right out of high school.   

[/QUOTE]

I did not see the summer league games so I can't tell.  We will not know until after the preseason ends.  Let him get through a more extended and better structured coaching period.

I am not hoping for much.  But I am hoping that he will be better than Stiemsma.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

Congratulations to the Celtics, in the fine tradition of landing "quality" lottery picks:

Randy Foye, Jerome Moiso, Eric Montross, Ron Mercer.

Now Darko!!!!

The Celtics future never looks brighter...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The Moiso draft was arguably the worst draft in NBA history.............imagine him going #11?  The Celtics needed a big that year, and the only one the passed on was Jamal Maglore.  For God's sakes, Chris Mihm was the #7 pick, while Keyon Dooling was #10

In 1994, I remember Red wanted to take Brian Grant....he went #8, Montross #9.  In hindsight, Eddie Jones (#10) had a better career, but we drafted for size that year.

Randy Foye never played for Boston.............and Rudy Gay had a bad rep, so we didn't take him.

Ron Mercer was a solid pick under the circumstances.  TMac?  Well, Pitino coached Mercer, so he was a known quantity........

Anything else we can help you with?  We also have KG, Pierce, Terry and Wilcox who were high picks, too!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Darko might have been signed for an another reason. He could very well be asked to be Melo's "sparring partner." early in the season. Having someone young, decently athletic and skilled, to go one on one with (in the presence of coaches) on a daily basis could very well expedite Melo's development.

An insurance policy and sparring partner for the veteran minimum! Homerun DA!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm OK with signing a former lottery pick to play any position on my team. They aren't lottery picks because they stink! Detroit took a chance but they had no mentor in place to teach the young Darko Milicic how to play the post in the NBA. KG will impart more knowledge in practice than any of his prior teammates or coaches did in entire seasons.My only question right now about the C's is who plays the b/u PG now that Dooling has retired? Does Terry shift to the b/u PG while Bradley and Lee share the SG slot??? Or do they really give Smith,Christmas or Micah Downs a real shot at making the team in this capacity?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts