Use Perk to get that elusive SF

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from qianxue. Show qianxue's posts

Re: Use Perk to get that elusive SF

I have a gut feeling that Von Wafer will be a very good backup
    www.america-jerseys.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rangerous. Show rangerous's posts

one of the problems is that perk is about as good as he's going to get.  it can be argued that losing him for game 7 lost the series but in reality llama boy gasol would have been able to score at will and perk is painful to watch when he gets the ball down low.  in short he is expendable especially now that the celtics have a power front court (at least on paper) and if these guys can play together and be motivated, then perk will be the odd man out.  perk is also fairly and will also need to be replaced shortly after the garnett's contract expires just on that basis.  the celts can trade him for a player they need and they need a vinnie johnson clone.

the only misgivings i have is that the celts will be relying on rivers to motivate and teach the players.  imo this guy is a bum and only succeeded because he got excellent players and thibodeau.  now those players are older and may not care so much about returning to former glory.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Use Perk to get that elusive SF:
    I'd have liked Dunleavy a lot if we kept Tony Going into this summer I felt we needed backups to Paul and Ray (obviously) with TA being a FA and pretty much having no bu SF for 2 years running one of them HAD to be able to score, we had a stagnant offense and the bench blew way too many leads in the 2nd half, but the other HAD to defend. I preferred to get the defensive SF and a guy like Fernandez, Wafer, Daniels as a scoring 2... but i would've been happy with TA and Dunleavy as well At this point no thanks, defense of LeBron/Deng/Rashard/Melo/Durant on and on is most important
    Posted by rameakap

I agree that we still need a good backup SF.   We definitely need someone who will be a good defensive player.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Use Perk to get that elusive SF:
    what about Nocioni? Not for Perk of course, but for Sheed i'd think Philly would have to toss us a bone as well b/c of how much $ we'd save them Is he better than Posey? Def younger, I'd put him in that tier, with Prince and Battier then much better options.
    Posted by rameakap

TMAC!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Hi rameakap:  Good post. Several bloggers here don't appreciate Perk. He's a blue collar type player. He's a big bruiser who plays very good defense and is a better than average rebounder. He's also a big body, which always a good thing. His scoring is effective as indicated by his shooting percentage.
       Sure he has weaknesses such as having poor hands " can't catch a pass very well", consistently fouls while setting picks and can't shoot the mid-range shot. 
       All in all, I think he's been a good Celtic. I hope he sticks around for a long time, but at a reasonable salary being 4 to 5 million per season. I don't think Perk is worth the big money of 7-8 million or more. He's a free agent next year. I'm not opposed to trading him, but only if the C's get a good player in return. However Perks trade value is currently low due to his injury.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Keep Perk until at least the trade deadline.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VinniePapaGiorgio. Show VinniePapaGiorgio's posts

As a Lakers fan I pray that the Celtics trade away Perk for another wing off who comes off the bench. With Bynum, Gasol, and Odom going against the aging trio of KG, O'Neal 1, and O'Neal 2, the rebounding advantage we had in the finals would continue. The only way I could see Ainge making a trade like that is if they could maybe get G. Wallace from Charlotte. With Wallace, they would be able to go small and play an up and down game with KG manning the middle. Not a bad core to build around (Rondo and G. Wallace) when the big three retire.

Sections
Shortcuts