Utah comes from 22 down to win in OT at Miami...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

Re: Utah comes from 22 down to win in OT at Miami...

In Response to Re: Utah comes from 22 down to win in OT at Miami...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Utah comes from 22 down to win in OT at Miami... : With all due respect, you are the Indiansbacker of 2010-11. Your team has done nothing yet but you have them on a victory parade already.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

I really don't understand the line of thinking.  We all hope our team will be much improved as the season goes along, but it is far from a given.  Team Chemistry should improve, but injuries could play a major role in how any team develops. 

I also don't understand the argument, "The Bulls won championships without a star point guard and center.  We can too."  I appreciate the true fandom, but the rational used is absolutely ridiculous. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

All three losses for the heat have come at the hands of team with excellent play at the point. In all cases, it seems their was also excellent post play involved from the bigs. I hope shaq is good enough to run some tonight. as long as he isn't risking making the injury worse. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Utah comes from 22 down to win in OT at Miami... : good post...i agree and im not so sure rondo has to dominate per se...but if he plays well all around, it will be very tough to beat the celtics...gotta work on his jumper though
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Yeah if he sticks it more than half the time when left wide open at 18-20 feet... and shoots 75% from the line in the playoffs.... that will go a LONG way...

Maybe he doesn't need to be a 20-15-10 for us to win as you say, but he needs to control the entire game as the floor general, get everyone easy baskets and cause a lot of havoc on both ends for sure

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Utah comes from 22 down to win in OT at Miami... : I really don't understand the line of thinking.  We all hope our team will be much improved as the season goes along, but it is far from a given.  Team Chemistry should improve, but injuries could play a major role in how any team develops.  I also don't understand the argument, "The Bulls won championships without a star point guard and center.  We can too."  I appreciate the true fandom, but the rational used is absolutely ridiculous. 
    Posted by sbruce9[/QUOTE]

Wade is no MJ

Bron could be better than Pippen but doesn't play that style as defensive stopper glue guy that does everything little to get a W and always defers to Jordan

Bosh is probably equal to Horace Grant, lesss workman like but taller and more of a scorer... best Bulls teams had a 15 rebounds per game guy in Rodman tho who could play smothering D

Bulls bench was better in at least 4 of the 6

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

"Teams are being a little chippy with us," James said. "We have to see how the game is being played and maybe do the same. We know what our identity is. Mentally prepared is how we are."

Um there seems to be a lot of crying in the league this year. What does "chippy" mean?? Play ball! Dang, you got 47 FTs stop crying.

Laker fans said we cried about all the calls but those are the fans complaining not the players. I believe the Heat will eventually trade Bosh within the next few years to get some legitimate size.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Utah comes from 22 down to win in OT at Miami... : Yeah if he sticks it more than half the time when left wide open at 18-20 feet... and shoots 75% from the line in the playoffs.... that will go a LONG way... Maybe he doesn't need to be a 20-15-10 for us to win as you say, but he needs to control the entire game as the floor general, get everyone easy baskets and cause a lot of havoc on both ends for sure
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    if rondo sticks half his open jumpers in the playoffs...the C's will win the east hands down...that said...i still let him take those jumpers because if im the heat, or anyone else for that matter...i want rondo to beat me, not the big 3 or the O'Neals

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Utah comes from 22 down to win in OT at Miami... : Wade is no MJ Bron could be better than Pippen but doesn't play that style as defensive stopper glue guy that does everything little to get a W and always defers to Jordan Bosh is probably equal to Horace Grant, lesss workman like but taller and more of a scorer... best Bulls teams had a 15 rebounds per game guy in Rodman tho who could play smothering D Bulls bench was better in at least 4 of the 6
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    i think there is an inherent difference in the style of defense that wade and james play as opposed to jordan and pippen...

MJ and Pip were great at on ball defending and picking pockets(as well as using their hands and forearms in backdown situations)

wade and lebron are great at playing the passing lanes, getting easy steals and generally denying the ball

no one has a rodman in this league anymore though...shame because for all his antics...he was fun to watch play defense and rebound, even if you hated his guts and wished carmen electra would just knock him the f*** out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]"Teams are being a little chippy with us," James said. "We have to see how the game is being played and maybe do the same. We know what our identity is. Mentally prepared is how we are." Um there seems to be a lot of crying in the league this year. What does "chippy" mean?? Play ball! Dang, you got 47 FTs stop crying. Laker fans said we cried about all the calls but those are the fans complaining not the players. I believe the Heat will eventually trade Bosh within the next few years to get some legitimate size.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    chippy means opponents are following through on hard fouls, grabbing jersey's as a player cuts, intentional tripping...basically...acting like dennis rodman out there...and he is right...teams are approaching games against the heat like its their superbowl...which is exactly what miami expected...but they are still learning to play with each other

and bosh isnt going to be traded anytime soon, no matter how many times you keep repeating it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I really can't wait until tomorrow, when it's over.  JimmyJack won't show his face if we win again, and will be completely ignored if he gloats..............a win-win situation for Celtics fans!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

The funny thing is the Jazz came in the next day and did the same thing to ORL... both games were on the road too.. crazy

Sections
Shortcuts