Utah game is y I love this team against anyone not named PACERS in the playoffs!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Utah game is y I love this team against anyone not named PACERS in the playoffs!

Hard to believe with all of their injuries they can compete in the playoffs or even make it out of the first round. If they end up with the 8th seed they could give Miami a couple of tough games but would probably get swept in all close games.

Have to give them credit though, they are playing their best basketball this season and instead of packing it in after the injuries they've stepped it up. I may be wrong but it looks like they are a decidedly better team without Rondo. Doesn't make sense but their results since he was injured are telling. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: Utah game is y I love this team against anyone not named PACERS in the playoffs!

In response to sporter81's comment:

Hard to believe with all of their injuries they can compete in the playoffs or even make it out of the first round. If they end up with the 8th seed they could give Miami a couple of tough games but would probably get swept in all close games.

Have to give them credit though, they are playing their best basketball this season and instead of packing it in after the injuries they've stepped it up. I may be wrong but it looks like they are a decidedly better team without Rondo. Doesn't make sense but their results since he was injured are telling. 

They likely will be in the 7th slot and play the Pacers.  Would it be terrible to fall to 8th and play the Miami Floppers?  I don't think it would necessarily be the end of the season, but better still would be to overtake Chicago and play the Knicks.  Chicago would have to lose more than they win and Boston would.., well, you get it.  It would be a tough hill to climb, unfortunately, so if Boston plays Indiana, it will be a tight, competitive series, probably without blowouts.  That being the case, Celtics players with extensive PO experience may be the difference. And lest we forget Granger's knee problem - "Granger, who made his season debut Saturday, said that his left knee is not yet 100 percent healthy"; February 24, a day after 1st game back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Honestly, I think any old big body we can get from waivers will be good enough to keep hibbert off the glass.  Who knows, maybe we can get collins back or something.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

This is what i was saying yesterday...the HEAT know the Celtics are the only team that can go into Miami and take homecourt. The other teams I don't worry about.

Doc said it best...great win off a back to back, 5 in 7 nights and 3 different time zones.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this on the Celtics vs Jazz game thread at the very end as I went to it only after watching the game .

"Just got to this Discussion and haven't read the previous ones but it was a nail biter all evening while I also was enjoying seeing the Lakers behind by 10 pts almost all night. OK, I'm doubly happy with our win and their loss but I just don't know how we won watching us lose the rebound battle. Now I see the BOX-44 to 37 so we were -7(extra chances for them).They got 44 points in the paint to our 28. They even got 3 more points in foul shots. They got 16 to our 8 second chance points.

Our one stat that was better was we shot 48% to their 44%.

We must have won the turnover battle---I checked Box Scores & could find the stats. Just one big man to get us 10-15 rebs & some good "D", doesn't even need be a prolific scorer and we'd be winning these games easily.

So, mathematically, I'm not complaining but don't know how we  won that game !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Don't kill me but I see things quite differently.  This team is a mess. Last night was one game and one win albeit a very good win.  The very night before, when one would think they'd perform much better against a below .500 opponent, we lay an egg.  That is my gripe with this team and their record is indicative of that.  We are too inconsistent.  We're not that good at times and other times we're very good.

We are 30 wins and 27 losses.  Honestly, there is NOTHING about this season that suggests we can go anywhere like previous years and step it up.  From PP's inconsistencies to JG to Jet to Courtney Lee to AB and to the significant drop off in the play of Bass, I don't think this team is capable of the things previous year's teams accomplished.  And as great a player as KG is, this dude just can't give you an effective 35 minutes on a nightly basis anymore.  I honestly don't see that typical "second half run" in them this season.

This team is the perfect group of complimentary players.  What we're missing is that nightly leader.  Some guys do it one night then fall off the next.  We get 10 from PP followed by 26 followed by 8.  We get 31 from Green and then 12 or 11 or some low double digit scoring output.

And I don't prescribe to that theory that other guys should lead us.  I don't put that burden on Jet and Lee and AB.  I put the burden of carrying this team on KG, PP and JG.  Bottom line is nobody is playing consistently enough for us to be better than 3 games above .500.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Petey I hear you but keep in mind the Blazers had lost 7 straight and were determined to win that game...along with poor officiating (not an excuse though)

I agree with you to an extent but no one in the East scares me...especially when the playoffs start. As I said yesterday this isn't a good regular season team...travel, scouting isn't there, age, rotations always changing. This is a playoff built team...less travel, gameplan, defense, halfcourt. It's sort of like the Spurs aren't a good playoff team....but they roll through the reg season. Come playoff time they will lose to either the Clippers or OKC.

We aren't a team that can go on the road win a game, then go to another arena and win a game. We are a team that if you beat us tonight, you will not beat us in that fashion in two nights with no travel...that's the playoffs.

What East team can beat us 4 times? Remember we couldn't be the HEAT last year in reg season but took 3 straight in the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Petey, I agree the team can frustrate us.  I believe we will see this same inconsistent play in the playoffs because we are a jumpshooting team, not a power team.  So, there will be nights when our shots don't fall.  Its just what it is and we all have to accept it.

But, I am encouraged by the fact that the team now plays good d and that keeps us in games when our shots aren't falling.   Yes, we lost to the Blazers but they had just a couple of shots fall while ours didn't.   BirdLewsBias is right about the fact that the odds and the determination was with them at home and having lost 7.    We were in the game and on the road trip, we only played really poorly that one game against LA.  Other than that, our D was solid.

The team has trended the right way and everyone is starting to contribute (except maybe Bass).   We will not be an inside banging team due to our personnel, but we have to be encouraged by how they fight through it and use everything they have.   Green and Terry are now giving us more than early in the season and the d is coming around.  We may not win a championship, but we are capable of beating anyone in the East, save Miami and in a series with Miami - anything can happen, especially if Green can just keep Lebron from 40 point/70% shooting games.

Keep Hope Alive!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And if they don't do well in the playoffs, let's enjoy them for the thrills they gave us.  No one else is playing this well in the middle of a rebuild.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Some nights this team is in the same page...then some other nights they seem to be in a different page...Best thing this team has going is talent and athleticism.. but this year Ray Allen is PPierce. Is time to concede and let someone else start that might bring more consistency which will translate into more wins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Let's evaluate this raod trip for what it truly was. This was a tough road trip.

We go to Denver...whom we just came out of a 3 OT game with and should've won that game.

We go to LA where there wasn't a chance in H3LL we would win that game after the death of Dr. Buss...no chance.

We go to Phoenix and spank them...we're suppose to do that.

We go to the Rose Garden...notorious for being a tough place to play and we walk into the lions den when the lion is seriously wounded. Still almost won the game.

We go to another tough place to play on a back to back and win a gutsy game.

This team has played 15 OT games this year. LOL! That's amazing! We have 3 guys on IR and haven't had a steady rotation all year.

I'll take the 2-3 road trip and hopefully they take the time off (1 game in a week) to get TWill, White and Crawford caught up. It could be worse...we could be the Lakers on the outside looking in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

... but this year Ray Allen is PPierce. Is time to concede and let someone else start that might bring more consistency which will translate into more wins.

Well, maybe you are right! We should let Lebron start instead of PP! But wait, James is playing for Miami and we have that guy from China, that guy from the bench of the Wizards and that guy coming from a heart injury who most likely never made 3 good games in a row in is entire career.

Even when PP would be as bad as people here make him, he still is a starter by default. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

... but this year Ray Allen is PPierce. Is time to concede and let someone else start that might bring more consistency which will translate into more wins.

Well, maybe you are right! We should let Lebron start instead of PP! But wait, James is playing for Miami and we have that guy from China, that guy from the bench of the Wizards and that guy coming from a heart injury who most likely never made 3 good games in a row in is entire career.

Even when PP would be as bad as people here make him, he still is a starter by default. 

Is that the exuse now eh??  thats Doc mentality! ask for guys and then not play them. Look at Popovich starters, Ginobili doesnt start..Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard...I am sorry but those guys would probably have never played in Boston under Doc..and isnt SA the best record? or close to it?...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

BirdLewisBias, I am not looking at this road trip as a positive, per se.  We were 2-3 and I just don't look at the "positives" as you do about the trip.  Why give all these excuses for the trip?  We lost to a Denver team that I truly believe we're better than.  First game post all star break (where he was not an all star) and PP comes out and drops 10 on Denver while KG (tired as hell) scores 12.

We then play in LA who, again, I truly believe we're better than.  But we let everybody from Clark, to Artest to Meeks to even Blake and Jamison control and dominate us in every phase of the game.  The old battle-tested Celtics would have gone in there and totally ruined LA's night with a resounding victory especially after embarrassing them two weeks before.

Then we go into Phoenix and play a great fast paced game without KG.  ABBERRATION GAME!

Then the debacle in Portland against a team that's lost its last 7.  I don't care what anyone says about Portland, they are terrible.  They have a "decent" starting 5 and nothing else yet we let a guy named "Victor Claver" dominate us on the boards and Wes Matthews light us up in a terrible loss.

Then the very, very good effort against Utah that I truly believe had the effort been there against Denver, Lakers and Portland, we would have had a 5-0 west coast swing.

I say that because just before this swing we escape at home against Chicago and lose against Charlotte.

And let's not even act like we don't see ourselves staring another 3 game losing streak in the face with games at home against GS and away at Philly and Indiana.  Then we come back home for Atlanta and then to OKC.

In about 6 games I wonder if we'll be feeling the same way the way this team has performed.  We are not guaranteed the 8th spot either.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

BostonPro, I don't have a weight problem (lol).  Good post, by the way.  Why is my point of view considered negative to the point where you suggest I should not start a "Game Thread"?  I vote for Kirk too based on the cheerleader theme.

Where you think this team will "flip the switch", I just don't see anything they've done this season to suggest that there is a switch to be flipped.  You can hope KG, Jet, JG and PP play out of their minds but that has never been the case in any series in previous years.  These players have yet to consistently (for say 10 consecutive games) play out of their minds but you suppose they'll put that together for the playoffs?  Honestly, they need to start playing close to out of their minds now or they WON'T make the playoffs.

I agree that AB disrupts things but all any team has to do is have someone NOT guarded by AB bring the ball up.

What have the Celtics done this season to give you any level of confidence that they can beat the Knicks or Pacers or Heat in a playoff round?  Win a road game against Utah?

And BTW, I don't look at my point of view as eventually being "right".  I don't want anyone to say "Petey said so."  I'm just expressing my point of view and I'm sorry if you view me as negative as opposed to being practical and realistic in that point of view.

I still enjoy reading your posts even if we disagree.  Keep it coming!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Let's evaluate this raod trip for what it truly was. This was a tough road trip.

We go to Denver...whom we just came out of a 3 OT game with and should've won that game.

We go to LA where there wasn't a chance in H3LL we would win that game after the death of Dr. Buss...no chance.

We go to Phoenix and spank them...we're suppose to do that.

We go to the Rose Garden...notorious for being a tough place to play and we walk into the lions den when the lion is seriously wounded. Still almost won the game.

We go to another tough place to play on a back to back and win a gutsy game.

This team has played 15 OT games this year. LOL! That's amazing! We have 3 guys on IR and haven't had a steady rotation all year.

I'll take the 2-3 road trip and hopefully they take the time off (1 game in a week) to get TWill, White and Crawford caught up. It could be worse...we could be the Lakers on the outside looking in.

great post

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I'd rather face the Pacers than the Knicks. The Pacers don't frighten me at all and the Celtics handle them pretty well at least in regular season matchups.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

How many of you guys "didn't see it coming" in 2010 or even last year?  I am sure you were saying the exact same things those years.  Seems like a few have already given up.  

I see something different.  I see a team with a lot of heart that I think has been improving since the start of the season.   I am not predicting anything here other than yes we will make the playoffs.  If we clean up or road  a little bit that would make all the difference in the world.

As far as the so call inconsistencies in scoring,  that is not the case at all.  Sure guys struggle some,  but we have so many players that can put points up now.  PP KG and JG are not going to do it every game because each game dictates someone else being the score,  not a inconsistancy.  Example in Phoenix,  Paul scores under 10,  we didn't need him for scoring,  he didn't force things,  just rebounded and assisted.  Jeff Green was hot and was unstoppable.  So should Pierce force things so that he got 20 pts or let Jeff do his thing?

I think we got a good team that a good big man would put us where we need to be. Well we are going to have to do it without one.   I will stay on board.