UTAH punches Lakers in the GRILL!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: UTAH punches Lakers in the GRILL!!!!!!!!!!

The Lakers clearly have taken their foot off the pedal and seem to be settling for the 2 seed now. Hopefully they wake up and get back to playing the ball they are capable of before they lose home court to any more teams in the East.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: UTAH punches Lakers in the GRILL!!!!!!!!!!:
    Lakers had a nice run but face it, they only had one back to back during that span- their first 2 games right after the all-star break.  Any team can put together a nice run with a favorable schedule like that.  Welcome back to earth.
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan

One thing that really gets to me is how the NBA always makes the schedules favorable for the Lakers. They always seem to have the most home games to start the season and the fewest back-to-backs at the end of the season. Maybe it's just me but that is what I see...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't know what I was thinking but how is it possible the schedule could allow four less back to backs for the Lakers and none in March.  In the NFL the better teams all play a tougher schedule the next year.  I am really outraged.  This is something I would like some of the Laker trolls to respond to.  

We have two more back to backs in the next week.  I am serious this should be investigated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Flobus
    Respond to the four less backs to backs the Lakers play.  What a joke.  Tell me how with that and three extra home games considering they play the Clippers in Staples and the backs to backs you don't feel the Lakers have an unfair scheduling advantage?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Flobus Respond to the four less backs to backs the Lakers play.  What a joke.  Tell me how with that and three extra home games considering they play the Clippers in Staples and the backs to backs you don't feel the Lakers have an unfair scheduling advantage?
    Posted by concord27

I looked it up. Yes, if you look at the two teams in relation to each other, the Lakers have four fewer back-to-backs than the Celtics. But don't forget that translates to more days off between games for the Celtics. Here's how it stacks up league-wide...

1. CHI 23
    2. MIL 23
    3. ATL 23
    4. CHA 22
    5. CLE 22
    6. LAC 22
    7. NJN 22
    8. PHI 22
    9. POR 22
    10. DET 21
    11. HOU 21
    12. IND 21
    13. MEM 21
    14. NY 21
    15. WAS 21
    16. DAL 20
    17. ORL 20
    18. BOS 19
    19. DEN 19
    20. MIA 19
    21. MIN 19
    22. TOR 19
    23. UTA 19
    24. GSW 18
    25. NO 18
    26. SAC 18
    27. SAS 18
    28. OKC 17
    29. PHX 16
    30. LAL 15

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

At the beginning of the season I commented on the cushy schedule that was handed to my Lakers. I didn't like it. But that has not always been the case. I assumed that it had something to do with them winning the title but it still stunk.

And yes the Laker players are just cruising, going through the motions. But as I said before, Kobe is injured with that serious knee problem. The years are catching up to him and Bynum is trying to avoid getting hurt as well. I hate to see teams do this but that's the nature of the NBA with an 82 game schedule.

We'll see how it all unfolds. :)

And yes, the Celtics have a great team but they're human just like the rest of the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

An interesting counterpoint... the Lakers have the league low of 10 opponents playing them on the second night of a back to back. The Celtics have 18. The Bulls have 26.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Flobus, I have to hand it to you.  You really delivered. Don't forget the Clipper home games as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: UTAH punches Lakers in the GRILL!!!!!!!!!! : You kiddin'? Those jr. trolls go to bed crying after every Laker loss. If it's a Celtic win and a Laker loss it takes them 48 hours before they can post back here again.
    Posted by Fiercest34

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Remember Wrigly's Spearment gum ad ? Double your pleasure, double your fun. I get almost as much pleasure watching Lakers lose as I do watching the Celtics win and ditto for the Sox winning & Yankees losing !!! When Sox & Celtics don't play NY & LA, I root for any team that does!                        

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Yeah, nice catch flobus.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

"I wish Gordon Hayward would have stayed in college and helped Butler last night instead of kicking our butt." --- Phil Jackson

PRICELESS...

Epic Phil Jackson. HA!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Interesting link Flobus.  I honestly would rather take an opponent on their back to back than us having to play a b2b ourselves though.  Any good team knows that its not what your opponents do, it's about how you execute.

Sections
Shortcuts