Utah's pick = Smart??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Utah's pick = Smart??

Three spots are a lock. Well maybe 4 as Orlando is infatuated with Exum. Will Utah go for a PG or a FW? I am starting to think that maybe the 4th best player after all is Smart. There is tenacity in this guy. He is NBA built already. A week ago I would have chosen Vonleh but I think this Smart guy is instant help and looks like a sure star in the future. Is this Utah's pick??? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Utah's pick = Smart??

Since the lottery, I've been saying our pick only depends on Utah's.  You are correct about the top 4.  ORL WILL take Exum, IMO.  So, who will Utah take?  If they are satisfied with Burke at PG, they don't take Smart.  If they want to trade Hayward (HERE....lol), and start Smart and Burke with BurkS as the 3rd guard, that could work as well.

They may opt for a wing player like Gordon or McDermott.  They have Kanter and Favors, Burke and Hayward.............so, what's missing?

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since the lottery, I've been saying our pick only depends on Utah's.  You are correct about the top 4.  ORL WILL take Exum, IMO.  So, who will Utah take?  If they are satisfied with Burke at PG, they don't take Smart.  If they want to trade Hayward (HERE....lol), and start Smart and Burke with BurkS as the 3rd guard, that could work as well.

They may opt for a wing player like Gordon or McDermott.  They have Kanter and Favors, Burke and Hayward.............so, what's missing?

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

[/QUOTE]

How has Burke been for them???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

1 year - 68 starts - 70 games - 12.8 PPG - 5.7 APG - 1.9 TOV - not good shooter, but 90% from the line (didn't go much).  Very adequate, but Smart may be better......................

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Burke started slow, but came on strong during the end of the season.  It's tough to predict who Utah will take, as their evenly mediocre straight across the board.  Plus, sometimes the call Favors a C, sometimes they call him a PF.  If the above were true, and 1-4 turn out to be some combo of Wigg, Park, Emb, and Exum...then Smart would make sense.

However, I still think Utah's going to wind up with Embiid.  Wigg and Park will go 1 and 2.  Philly will pass on Embiid because of Noel and draft a PF.  Orlando will stick with Exum.  Pick 5 should be a no-brainer for the Jazz.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

If Embiid slipped to 5 boy would it be tenmpting to try to get utah to trade down...Both of our #1's for #5 and Haywood lol?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Burke started slow, but came on strong during the end of the season.  It's tough to predict who Utah will take, as their evenly mediocre straight across the board.  Plus, sometimes the call Favors a C, sometimes they call him a PF.  If the above were true, and 1-4 turn out to be some combo of Wigg, Park, Emb, and Exum...then Smart would make sense.

However, I still think Utah's going to wind up with Embiid.  Wigg and Park will go 1 and 2.  Philly will pass on Embiid because of Noel and draft a PF.  Orlando will stick with Exum.  Pick 5 should be a no-brainer for the Jazz.

[/QUOTE]

I read that Embidd could drop but I don't buy it yet. His back issues have not being brought up as much as sully

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Embiid is not going to drop.

Burke is solid but in a Jameer Nelson kind of way, nothing special, no size to him, if you start him and play him 36 minutes he'll give you 15 points and 8 assists but he better be your 5th best starter. He'd be best as a 22-26 minute a game 6th-7th man who electrifies the second unit or comes in early to give a starter extra rest and runs at the other teams starters that are getting winded.

Utah can play:

PG - Burke 26 minutes, Smart 22 mins

SG - Burks 22 minutes, Hayward 16 mins,  Smart 10 mins

SF - Hayward (he is 6'8") 18 mins, Marvin Williams (they like him, prob will resign him) 30 mins

PF - Favors 36 mins, Jeremy Evans 12 mins (for now)

C - Kanter 36 mins, Gobert 12 mins

They also have pick 23. 

They will try and move up to take Parker

If they can't, and they like Smart a lot, they should take him and choose between Hayward and Burks as far as who to keep and pay (Burks is due an extension after next season) and who to trade.

If they trade Hayward it should be after given the QO and at the draft. Maybe combine him with pick 23 and go after a real solid combo forward. Maybe someone like Gallinari, who the Nuggets seem to do ok with when he is out, or trade us Hayward for Bass and pick 17 or Joel Anthony and pick 17 and the Clippers pick next year?

If they trade Burks than Hayward is a SG-SF and they should try to get a PF. Payne could be an option at 23 but I doubt he slips that far. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

McDermott would be an instant popular player in Utah.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Three spots are a lock. Well maybe 4 as Orlando is infatuated with Exum. Will Utah go for a PG or a FW? I am starting to think that maybe the 4th best player after all is Smart. There is tenacity in this guy. He is NBA built already. A week ago I would have chosen Vonleh but I think this Smart guy is instant help and looks like a sure star in the future. Is this Utah's pick??? 

[/QUOTE]

Utah would be best served to trade Kanter & their # 5 to Cleveland in order to get Parker. Kanter is a potential 20/10 guy & needs time to play thru his mistakes. Parker is a Mormon who could possibly induce a 2nd coming that renders the science/creationism debate moot. They would be raining free agents once the Big Guy starts showing up courtside...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Utah would be best served to trade Kanter & their # 5 to Cleveland in order to get Parker. Kanter is a potential 20/10 guy & needs time to play thru his mistakes. Parker is a Mormon who could possibly induce a 2nd coming that renders the science/creationism debate moot. They would be raining free agents once the Big Guy starts showing up courtside...

[/QUOTE]That could certainly give the Mittens (AKA Mitwit, Mitt the Chit, Bain in the Azz, Roof DoggyDog, Empty Suit, Dubya-2, Outsourcer-in-Chief, PinkSlip)   a leg up in the 2016 GOP primaries.

Any chance of luring the BigGuy to Beantown?

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]That could certainly give the Mittens (AKA Mitwit, Mitt the Chit, Bain in the Azz, Roof DoggyDog, Empty Suit, Dubya-2, Outsourcer-in-Chief, PinkSlip)   a leg up in the 2016 GOP primaries.

Any chance of luring the BigGuy to Beantown?

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Roof Doggie Dogg?

Never heard that one before!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

"Utah would be best served to trade Kanter & their # 5 to Cleveland in order to get Parker. Kanter is a potential 20/10 guy & needs time to play thru his mistakes. Parker is a Mormon who could possibly induce a 2nd coming that renders the science/creationism debate moot. They would be raining free agents once the Big Guy starts showing up courtside..."

Interesting trade offer. Utah would love to get their hands on Jabari. Not a bad way to do it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Take Smart and DUMP RONDON'T!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

"Utah would be best served to trade Kanter & their # 5 to Cleveland in order to get Parker. Kanter is a potential 20/10 guy & needs time to play thru his mistakes. Parker is a Mormon who could possibly induce a 2nd coming that renders the science/creationism debate moot. They would be raining free agents once the Big Guy starts showing up courtside..."

Trade the #1 pick for the #5 pick plus Kanter?  Yeah, I'm sure Cleveland fans wouldn't mind that.  Why not just trade Kyrie Irving for Norris Cole?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

1) Wiggins

2) Parker

3) Randle

4) Exum

5) Embiid (Pending medical reports)

Sections
Shortcuts