VEGAS ODDS ARE IN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

VEGAS ODDS ARE IN

Vegas has Miami and the Lakers for next years finals!!! The premier franchise in the NBA!!!

Miami 2-1
    Lakers 7-1
    Boston 8-1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

Re: VEGAS ODDS ARE IN

In Response to Re: VEGAS ODDS ARE IN:
    BUT.... KOBE IS A PUNKAZZ RAPIST KOBE IS A PUNKAZZ RAPIST KOBE IS A PUNKAZZ RAPIST KOBE IS A PUNKAZZ RAPIST
    Posted by jfaust1954

We get it moron.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Until the season begins it is impossible to predict how any team is going to do. 
    Trades/signings of new players may influence how a team will perform in the regular season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And what were the Laker's odds going into this season?   Goes to show how the odds makers had it wrong, huh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

almost every year the oddsmakers put the Yankees and Lakers right up there....it is a popularity contest and also designed to get the team fans to place bets....personally, I think they have the Celtics odds too high....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

The Lakers are the premier franchise of the NBA. Once they obtain the services of Dwight Howard, the odds will jump even higher. Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I hope these are the odds for 2013, because there will be no season next year!

Howard is NOT coming to LA - what will he do play power forward?

Jim (Thanks Dad) Buss has said Bynum is untouchable- how do you plan to trade for Howard, since there is NO WAY you can sign him as a FA?

Here's some advice lakers fan - YOU NEED A POINT GUARD, not a center.  Why not focus on Chris Paul - or maybe Jerry West will trade you Monta Ellis for Luke Walton!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kobe's shooting percentage this year is headed toward forty per cent.  The black mamba is fading and he will get less help from the weak roster as was evident in the playoffs. 

Lakers fans do you really think Dwight is dying to play for Mike Brown?  I think Doc might be better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Miami 3-1
    OKC 5-1
    LA 8-1
    Champs 12-1
    Celts 15-1 (sorry)
    Lockout 20-1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Kobe's shooting percentage this year is headed toward forty per cent.  The black mamba is fading and he will get less help from the weak roster as was evident in the playoffs.  Lakers fans do you really think Dwight is dying to play for Mike Brown?  I think Doc might be better.
    Posted by concord27

The weak roster that you speak of beat your Celtics in the Finals just over a year ago. Laughing 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: VEGAS ODDS ARE IN : The weak roster that you speak of beat your Celtics in the Finals just over a year ago.  
    Posted by koberulz

And got swept by a far superior and deeper team this year.  Thought you guys didn't talk about the past?  Your window is closing fast......better forget Howard and get Paul!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

And got swept by a far superior and deeper team this year.  Thought you guys didn't talk about the past?  Your window is closing fast......better forget Howard and get Paul!

----------------------------
    Hmmmm, if the mavs were far superior and deeper, then they should have won at least 2 championships over the past 5 years. There roster hardly changed from 2010 to this year with the exception of Chandler. The Mavs won because they were the hungriest team and Rick carlisle did a fantastic job with them as they improved game to game throughout the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You did not beat us last year.  The refs did.  Why post when this is what most of us here know to be true.  You won't find us in Laker land go there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

And got swept by a far superior and deeper team this year.  Thought you guys didn't talk about the past?  Your window is closing fast......better forget Howard and get Paul! ---------------------------- Hmmmm, if the mavs were far superior and deeper, then they should have won at least 2 championships over the past 5 years. There roster hardly changed from 2010 to this year with the exception of Chandler. The Mavs won because they were the hungriest team and Rick carlisle did a fantastic job with them as they improved game to game throughout the season.
    Posted by koberulz

Kobe-the Mavs also play in the west, the superior conference, where as the eastern champ continues to be dross!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

In Response to Re: VEGAS ODDS ARE IN : Kobe-the Mavs also play in the west, the superior conference, where as the eastern champ continues to be dross!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

Great point. If the Lakers were in the Eastern conference, they would consistently win 70 games per year and would always be in the Finals. It is a good thing for the rest of the fans that they are located in Los Angeles. Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

And got swept by a far superior and deeper team this year.  Thought you guys didn't talk about the past?  Your window is closing fast......better forget Howard and get Paul! ---------------------------- Hmmmm, if the mavs were far superior and deeper, then they should have won at least 2 championships over the past 5 years. There roster hardly changed from 2010 to this year with the exception of Chandler. The Mavs won because they were the hungriest team and Rick carlisle did a fantastic job with them as they improved game to game throughout the season.
    Posted by koberulz

Right, they were superior to eveyone - especially you.  What's hungrier mean anyway?  They were deeper and better.  Oh yeah, and last year they didn't have Tyson Chandler - nice try, though!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

In Response to Re: VEGAS ODDS ARE IN : Right, they were superior to eveyone - especially you.  What's hungrier mean anyway?  They were deeper and better.  Oh yeah, and last year they didn't have Tyson Chandler - nice try, though!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Maybe you overlooked my sentence about Chadler not being on their roster in 2010. Anyways, besides him, the core players have hardly changed over the past 3 years. By hungrier, I meant they were driven to win more than any other team. The Lakers were going for a 3-peat and after winning back to back titles, the hunger and drive does diminish. I understand that you would not know this considering you are a Celtics fan and they have not won back to back titles in 40+ years, but try and stay with me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

In Response to Re: VEGAS ODDS ARE IN : Maybe you overlooked my sentence about Chadler not being on their roster in 2010. Anyways, besides him, the core players have hardly changed over the past 3 years. By hungrier, I meant they were driven to win more than any other team. The Lakers were going for a 3-peat and after winning back to back titles, the hunger and drive does diminish. I understand that you would not know this considering you are a Celtics fan and they have not won back to back titles in 40+ years, but try and stay with me.
    Posted by koberulz

How many championships do the Los Angeles Lakers have?  They have 11.  How many championships do the Boston Celtics have?  They have 17.  By my count that gives them 6 more than the Los Angeles Lakers.  Which means the Lakers have alot more work to do to over take the Celtics as the best NBA franchise ever.  Until your team has won more championships don't post here and get a life.  And tell your mother to stop harassing me.  Thanks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

I can only assume that rampageimt23 is bitter about the Celtics having not won back to back titles in 40+ years. Don't be too distratught though, you have been lucky enough to witness the Lakers do it twice in the past decade. Cool

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Not answering my question.  Shocking.  Winning back to back titles means absolutely nothing.  Not sure what winning back to back titles has to do with anything.  The Bulls 3 peated twice and they still only have 6 titles.  That is approximately 11 less than the Celtics.  So if you think 3 peating measures how good a team is then it is no contest because the Celtics won 8 straight.  You listen about as good as your mother does when I am trying to kick her out of my bed in the morning.   Apple doesn't fall far from the tree apparently.
    Posted by rampageimt23

Another ignorant post. What question did you ask? The Lakers have 16 titles regardless of how you try and spin it. And winning back to back titles is what a dynasty does. Sorry you cannot comprehend that. BTW, how many of those Celtic titles in the 60's did you witness? Cool

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: VEGAS ODDS ARE IN : Maybe you overlooked my sentence about Chadler not being on their roster in 2010. Anyways, besides him, the core players have hardly changed over the past 3 years. By hungrier, I meant they were driven to win more than any other team. The Lakers were going for a 3-peat and after winning back to back titles, the hunger and drive does diminish. I understand that you would not know this considering you are a Celtics fan and they have not won back to back titles in 40+ years, but try and stay with me.
    Posted by koberulz

Isn't that the coach's job?  The players saw your coach had checked out, so they did, too.

Buss will not trade Bynum for Howard, and neither will Otis Smith.  It is arrogant to think that the entire league wants to help the lakers when they are down - you guys are worse than Yankees fans.
    Lakers = Yankees
    Overpaid for a bunch of players no longer able to perform at championship level
    koME,  Gasol and Fisher  = Jeter, A-Rod and Posada - all great in their day, but their time has passed, and their teams are handcuffed!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

In Response to Re: VEGAS ODDS ARE IN : Another ignorant post. What question did you ask? The Lakers have 16 titles regardless of how you try and spin it. And winning back to back titles is what a dynasty does. Sorry you cannot comprehend that. BTW, how many of those Celtic titles in the 60's did you witness?
    Posted by koberulz

Ignorant post?  Hmmm....sounds like all of yours.  And I am the one trying to spin things in my teams favor?  Why don't you look up the definition of hypocrite?  I don't need to spin things in my teams favor.  Stats don't lie.  By the way my Dad has seen the Celtics win all of them so boom-roasted.  I have actually seen 4 of them.  Now that we have that out of the way.  Lets take a look and compare both franchises, shall we:

Titles
    Celtics - 17
    Lakers - 16

Advantage - Celtics

Number of players in the Top 50 All Time Greats
    Celtics - 10
    Lakers - 8 (I will even include Kome in there for you so you don't cry and you still only have 9)

Advantage - Celtics

Head to Head in NBA Finals
    Celtics lead Lakers 9-3 All-Time (Rivarly?  Seems more like domination to me.)

Advantage - Celtics

Number of Jersey Retired
    Celtics - 21
    Lakers - 7

Advantage - Celtics

NBA MVP's Awards
    Celtics - 10
    Lakers - 8

Advantage - Celtics

Most consecutive Championships won in a row
    Celtics - 8
    Lakers - 3

Advantage - Celtics

Record for largest margin of victory in an NBA Finals clinching game:
    2008 Celtics - 39 points (131-92 over the.....Lakers....shocker)

That broke the old record of 33 points also set by the Celtics over the Lakers in Game 5 of the 1965 NBA Finals

R A P I S T S
    Celtics - 0
    Lakers - 1

Hey at least you got one category.  Way to go.  But I am sure your argument that you have seen them win back to back championships far outweighs what I just outlined.  Anything else you would like to add to this conversation?

Sections
Shortcuts