Vent about the Celtics loss to the Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Vent about the Celtics loss to the Heat

Here is your chance to tell us what you think about the Celtics' Game 7 loss to the Heat? Are you angry, bummed, appreciative of a Celtics team that when further than expected? Tell us what you're feeling.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Vent about the Celtics loss to the Heat

In Response to Re: Vent about the Celtics loss to the Heat:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad KG and Rondo walked off.  Wade is a dirty player, James loves to showboat once the game is out of hand, and both of them are floppers of the highest order.  Why stay around to congratulate people you have no respect for?  As a Celtics fan, their actions made me proud.
    Posted by tb122011[/QUOTE]

i dont like wade and lebron either, but winning the ECF is a big accomplishment....i think a congrats is in order....you dont have to like them to say congrats....you are tought to say good game after every game for a reason. sportsmanship is a big part of the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

[QUOTE]Not fun watching the Celtics choke, but choke they did. They bought their own hype about "we know how to win the tough games" and "we thrive on adversity." Now they can thrive all summer.  Rebuilding time is upon us. 
    Posted by mrchuckhall[/QUOTE]

What this gentleman said.  At the end of it all, no amount of chest-thumping or bravado could disguise the fact that this is a team struggling with consistency and depending heavily on old and tired legs.

Thank you for the 2008 championship, I'll at least remember that fine moment fondly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nfof257. Show nfof257's posts

The Celtics had a great season. They played well enough to be champions even if it didn't turn out that way. They were a little unlucky in Game 2 but Miami was good enough to take advantage of it and had to play great to overcome the 3-2 deficit to the Celtics. There's no shame in this loss. They made most of us believe that another championship was possible! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Vent?! You gotta be kidding me. These Celtic players overachieved. They gave it their all and made it farther than anyone believed they would. To have season ending injuries to key players like Avery Bradley, Jeff Green, and Chris Wilcox. To not have a true center and a lack of depth (you reading me Danny?) and still make it this far. Vent? H*ll no. I thank these guys for representing the Boston Celtics organization with an incredible will to win. With an absolute refusal to lose. When so-called experts were expecting Miami to steamroll the Celtics to those same experts stating that if Avery Bradley hadn't gotten injured Boston would have taken the series?! These guys, once again, made me proud to be a Boston Celtics fan. If Danny Ainge drafts wisely with those 2 number one picks, and signs high quality free agents, bring back KG and Allen (guys please take a pay cut!) I have no doubt that the Celtics will win yet another title. Go Celtics!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics had a great season. They played well enough to be champions even if it didn't turn out that way. They were a little unlucky in Game 2 but Miami was good enough to take advantage of it and had to play great to overcome the 3-2 deficit to the Celtics. There's no shame in this loss. They made most of us believe that another championship was possible! 
    Posted by nfof257[/QUOTE]
    Welcome, newbie! Your avatar cracked me up. All these years later, I still love Ernie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

[QUOTE]Vent?! You gotta be kidding me. These Celtic players overachieved. They gave it their all and made it farther than anyone believed they would. To have season ending injuries to key players like Avery Bradley, Jeff Green, and Chris Wilcox. To not have a true center and a lack of depth (you reading me Danny?) and still make it this far. Vent? H*ll no. I thank these guys for representing the Boston Celtics organization with an incredible will to win. With an absolute refusal to lose. When so-called experts were expecting Miami to steamroll the Celtics to those same experts stating that if Avery Bradley hadn't gotten injured Boston would have taken the series?! These guys, once again, made me proud to be a Boston Celtics fan. If Danny Ainge drafts wisely with those 2 number one picks, and signs high quality free agents, bring back KG and Allen (guys please take a pay cut!) I have no doubt that the Celtics will win yet another title. Go Celtics!!
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]
    You only go this far because of a torn acl to Chicago's Rose and the injury to Noah. You would have been eliminated a long time ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Vent about the Celtics loss to the Heat : Why do we need your post to allow us to vent? Are you nuts? Fu-k Boston dot com.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Very well put, Rondowski. Good to see you again old friend.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schatzfam. Show Schatzfam's posts

[QUOTE]Go OKC...I hate the Heat, I hate Lebron and Wade.  I like Perkins, I like Durant.
    Posted by markfrommelt[/QUOTE]
    I agree completely!! Go Perk!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DF28. Show DF28's posts

No doubt about it, if the Celtics had a healthy Paul Peirce we would have won this series. Or if the refs hadn't handed the Heat a win early in the series. But that's typcal NBA. At the end of the day the better team didn't win.

Just another Boston team choking again. The Pats have been doing it for almost a decade now. The Red Sox can't get out of their own way. Ther Bruins gagged this year- like they've done every year since I've been alive except 2010. Then, their goalie loses his mind and quits on his own teammates.

Seriously, losing a 3-2 lead against the most mentally weak team in the NBA is disgusting. No excuse for a lack of effort tonight. But after the epic gag by the Pats in 2007 I'm just kind of numb to it. I almost expect my teams to gag now. It almost feels like pre 2001 again. Loserville USA

I hate to say it, but I totally expected this. So it doesn't bother me that much. Didn't even watch the game. I refuse to watch NBA games live anymore. With the crooked/incompetent officiating it's just too infuriating. I make sure the C's won the game before watching. Much less stressful.

Let's hope Danny is a lot smarter than I think he is and we can rebuild this team into a legit contender again. I'm pretty sure if we still had Perkins the HGH twins wouldn't hve been prancing through the lane all series

No way either one of these teams was winning more than two games against OKC/Seattle. So I guess it doesn't matter. But it would have been nice to have the satisfaction of sending the Heat home. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

How can any legitimate fan post to this thread by boston.com?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

My biggest issues were doc overplaying bass on lebron...and zone defense was hardly use at end...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skipper99. Show Skipper99's posts

OKC will crush Miami.  NO doubt about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Dissapointed but not mad. They gave it all they had it wasn't enough. Bosh and Battier 3's just killed them. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Did anyone here really think that Joey Crawford or Scott Foster were going to let the Celtics get the win? Cripes sakes Joey had the razor blades out the other night when Sterns told him he had to be even handed in the game 5 victory for the C's. I'm sticking by my gut feeling and saying that the most rigged sport is basketball although after tonights split decision in the Pacquiaio fight maybe boxing still holds that dubious distinction,but The NBA is running a damn close second...2014 is the year the NBA will finally be cleaned up as that is the last year of Sterns and his anti Boston bias retirement will suit him just fine with all the money he's made from the wiseguys...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]And Garnett and Rondo should be ashamed of themselves for their childish exit aftrer the game....it speaks volumes about their makeup.
    Posted by ssinop[/QUOTE]

There are winners, and there are classy and classless losers.

Ray should be commended for staying on the court and congratulating the winners. Always a class guy.

"Hondo" and "KJ"? they are as classless as Isiah and co. when they were swept by the Bulls.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Did anyone here really think that Joey Crawford or Scott Foster were going to let the Celtics get the win? Cripes sakes Joey had the razor blades out the other night when Sterns told him he had to be even handed in the game 5 victory for the C's. I'm sticking by my gut feeling and saying that the most rigged sport is basketball although after tonights split decision in the Pacquiaio fight maybe boxing still holds that dubious distinction,but The NBA is running a damn close second...2014 is the year the NBA will finally be cleaned up as that is the last year of Sterns and his anti Boston bias retirement will suit him just fine with all the money he's made from the wiseguys...
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Stern.  It will be interesting to see if the officiating changes when he retires.  I certainly hope that it does. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nathanlamb75. Show nathanlamb75's posts

The NBA is rigged, even David Stern realizes his marketing machine (ESPN) can't keep refering to LeBron as the next Jordan if he never wins anything.  
    With that established, would anyone be shocked if the Celtics ended up bringing back Garnett and Allen (in a reduced role)? I wouldn't. And we know the Green Teamers would be all fired up about Green coming back, so that would essentially, automatically put this team in the finals, by their math

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I vented it before the 6Th & the 7Th games.
    I lost interest when the NBA fixed the  2nd games.

Although the Celtics was ahead 3 to 2, I'm convinced that the Celtics will lost
    6th & the 7th. As you can see in my previous post. The celtics is over.

If not for the Celtics, I'm through with NBA. If the Celtics is not in the hunt, I will not even watch any of the NBA games.

I will never forget how Stern rigged the 2nd games, 47 times in free throw line & Lebron 27 times --- it's disgusting & unheard in repect to the game.!

Oh well, I still love the C and they did a good job!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegree40. Show stevegree40's posts

We were the better team that lost...for the Celtics to force Miami to a game 7 and having a lead right to the fourth quarter says it all...The terrible officiating and Miami hitting an improbable amount of 3s was the X factor...The multi foul calls against Boston kept the Heat around long enough to make thier run..Im disappointed the Celtics didnt give it all in the fourth..They had to Miami was saving a burst for then...Anyhoo great season C,s...Thanks for the ride..I hope Perk and Durant rip the beeeeeeeep out of Lebron and Wade..Hate them both.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The Stern/Refs griping is what it is. We all know it's there but nothing we can do about it.

My biggest gripe is why Doc kept going to Steemer and didn't use Hollins for most of the series. Hollins is more active, if Steemer isn't blocking shots he's useless. We needed Hollins energy. 2 bench points. Again, no bench production. Every year it seemed like there was so much pressure on the Core 4 because Doc never developed a bench and it lead to injuries and tired legs.

The Heat hit some big 3's and the Bron 30 ft shot was the dagger.

OKC in 6

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

The all ties back to the refs.  Too many questionable calls early on KG which changed how they played defensively in the second half and limited his time on the court.  This is a big time league problem that needs to be addressed.  The refs made the difference in the Celtics not winning this series. 

Go OKC.  The only guy in the Heat organization that I actually like is their coach.  Everyone else can go f*** themselves.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from markfr59. Show markfr59's posts

Nothing to vent about.  Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Rondo ooze the class and the winning attitude that this organization preaches.  The Celts did not lose this, Lebron James and the Heat took it, but not without a fight. A little disappointed by game 6 performance by the Celts but not disappointed by this team.  They gave everything they had.