Very bad coaching tonight we needed youthful energy

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Very bad coaching tonight we needed youthful energy

He may be wrong about Steamer but Doc did a poor job of using his team tonight.

Doc is locked into 2008 and 2010.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

DOC is going to kill the C's. He refuses to sit the big 3, or Rondo, or JO. It is a shame they wasted a win tonight. They needed to keep running KOBE. As good as he is he was tired. And KG was gassed. The C's coughed up a victory while youth sat on the bench. Infuse them DOC. The bench needs to play. Once again, loyal to a fault.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In Response to Re: Very bad coaching tonight we needed youthful energy:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Very bad coaching tonight we needed youthful energy : I disagree. Stiemsma is our best low post defender.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I cannot agree or disagree w/ this opinion. However, it would be nice if he was given enough PT to discern this... At this point JO is strictly back up material(good in small doses). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

well, steamer could have definitely done a better job against gasol... where is the proper minute distribution???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In response to "Very bad coaching tonight we needed youthful energy": [QUOTE]Stiemsma is our best low post defender....he doesn't even play. JO and Ray Allen play big minutes instead of Pietrus and Wilcox. Bass only plays 23 minutes. Passive Rondo against Kobe. I don't get it? Attack, attack, attack,.... If Rondo can't attack, then bring in Moore and spread the floor. We have all seen this before. Doc overplays the vets and doesn't adjust the offense in the fourth quarter. Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE] I agree Doc was as bad as his players tonight. Seems he enjoyed chit chattin with whoever was listening.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Very bad coaching tonight we needed youthful energy : I agree, Kirk was wrong about Steamer but right about Doc keeping Rondo in there when Rondo could not do anything besides pass the ball.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Fierce, what did Moore show you in the minutes that he played?  I saw him pass up one open shot and do nothing.  The only thing that will improve the team is if somehow JJJ starts getting minutes over Bass.  We lost by one point.  That is one more shot or one more defensive rebound or one more better contested shot.

The problem is that other than Pietrus, our energy guys are not playing good basketball.  Wilcox gets a great pass inside and throws it out and turns it over.  Bass can only shoot stationary open shots.  Also, he messes up on defense.  JJJ needs to be given patient playing time.  If he gets half the support that Bradley got, he will become a constant in the rotation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]JO 33 minutes and only 2 points and 6 rebounds. If you're going to play that many minutes you're going to have to do better than that.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

JO competed.  When challenged 1 on 1, he shut down Bynum.  He did a fantastic job of rotating.  That is the scheme.  The other guys had to compete for rebounds.  Garnett got 12 and Pierce got 9.  But the Lakers were much bigger and took advantage of that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]He may be wrong about Steamer but Doc did a poor job of using his team tonight. Doc is locked into 2008 and 2010.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Concord, I think that many of the fans are locked up in 2008 and 2010.  The fact is that the Big 3 have gotten older and it is not possible right now to design a better scheme.  You can't ask JO to start scoring in preference over Garnett.

The only thing that I am wishing for is that JJJ gets consistent time.  The only place where we can look is better bench production.  The rest is what it is and it is still reasonably good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Very bad coaching tonight we needed youthful energy:
    [QUOTE]Stiemsma is our best low post defender....he doesn't even play. JO and Ray Allen play big minutes instead of Pietrus and Wilcox. Bass only plays 23 minutes. Passive Rondo against Kobe. I don't get it? Attack, attack, attack,.... If Rondo can't attack, then bring in Moore and spread the floor. We have all seen this before. Doc overplays the vets and doesn't adjust the offense in the fourth quarter.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I have agree with in why DOC did not play Moore more. Whenever the Lakers play us, they let Rondo roam free above the arc because they want him to take the shot. If he makes it, then they will take that chance. The problem with Rondo was that he held onto the ball too long many times because he was trying to make a pass for a easy score. With Moore on the floor, the Lakers can not surround the paint and are forced to defend him because he can hit the outside shot. Moore took only one shot in 8 minutes of play. He needs to take more shots to get a rhyhm. Rondo is a good player, but until we can surround him with players that can run with him, Doc is going to have to get more creative with the matchups per game and we need to BIG that can score in the low post, otherwise all we are is jump shooting team.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Very bad coaching tonight we needed youthful energy : JO competed.  When challenged 1 on 1, he shut down Bynum.  He did a fantastic job of rotating.  That is the scheme.  The other guys had to compete for rebounds.  Garnett got 12 and Pierce got 9.  But the Lakers were much bigger and took advantage of that.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Exactly. You want your 2nd string center to be able to compete. Your starting center has to win his share of battles. When Wilt was wilting in his final seasons he gave most of his energy towards rebounding and blocking shots...He still averaged double figures in points. It is the extremely rare title team (C's in 08) that has a starting center that was so limited offensively...Waiting for lightening to strike twice could be fools gold...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Perhaps this was a preview of the Celtics in the playoffs..

Doc should stick with the rotations and give the young guys their minutes.. What, the Laker game meant more than a division game?

That said, couple of our usually reliable guys had real bad shooting nights or we win this game.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Stiemsma is our best low post defender....he doesn't even play. JO and Ray Allen play big minutes instead of Pietrus and Wilcox. Bass only plays 23 minutes. Passive Rondo against Kobe. I don't get it? Attack, attack, attack,.... If Rondo can't attack, then bring in Moore and spread the floor. We have all seen this before. Doc overplays the vets and doesn't adjust the offense in the fourth quarter.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE] BEAM ME UP KIRK !!!!!   THIS ONE IS A BINGO !!!!!  THE KIDS  M U S T PLAY.... THATS WHY , TRADE RONDO FOR KASOL AND THIS TEAM WILL FLY !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Very bad coaching tonight we needed youthful energy : Wow! What a sleazy diss that was ... A backhand to Concord while he's not looking ... Typical of you lately. PS: Don't bother having your thugs (Taxi/21/BrokenRod/etc) respond on your behalf cause I'm outta here for now and I'm not letting you off the hook letting them do your dirty work... I won't respond to those clones.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the very same thing, about the diss of Concord!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Perhaps this was a preview of the Celtics in the playoffs.. Doc should stick with the rotations and give the young guys their minutes.. What, the Laker game meant more than a division game? That said, couple of our usually reliable guys had real bad shooting nights or we win this game.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Yeah KG and Pierce missed a lot of wide open looks!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Good point Kirk. I was flabergasted that Wilcox remained nearly unseen most of the second half. I would like to ask Doc what was it about the effort Wilcox made early on that would lead to you having him sit so much. I thought Wilcox looked energetic, almost fired-up to be competing in a very important game. When a player makes a contribution and seems determined to bring his A game to the floor, sitting them down simply sends the wrong message.

25. This post has been removed.