Vet minimum centers possibly?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Vet minimum centers possibly?

Jeff Foster
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYUsoeLydsA

Tony Battie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCCp2TanLYE

Francisco Elson (Championship with Spurs)

Juwan Howard ( Big Baby replacement?)

Chris Wilcox

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Vet minimum centers possibly?

I like Foster.  he is getting a bit on the old side but he has always been one of the best rebounders in the NBA.  I don't mean I like him as a starter but he works hard and does the dirty work.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Vet minimum centers possibly?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Vet minimum centers possibly? : All of the above are 3rd string Centers at best. It would be just like Troy Murphy's impact on the Celts rotation last season.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Jeff Foster averaged 6.3 boards in 16.8 minutes a game last year. For comparison BBD averaged 5 rebounds a game in 30 minutes. Do you know anything about him?  3rd string Center at best? He's known as one of the best back up Centers in the NBA.  He has no offensive game so he wont start for you but he is a rebounding machine.  As it stands now it's a 15 man roster.  Why wouldn't you want a guy who works hard every second he is out there and is one of the top rebounders per minute in the NBA as a back up big?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I'd like to add Foster and Murphy to the PF/C rotation.

I just have a hard time believing Murphy isn't better than he showed us.

I believe Jeff is also better than he showed, too.
    (However, his tentative traits make for a heartbreak player come playoff season.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Foster is the only one worth having, if he has anything left. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

it wasn't just Troy Murphy who had trouble adjusting to the Celtics

Jeff Green , with all his talent and potential , was a washout

Sasha Pavlolick couldn't get off the bench

Nened Kristic was great at first, then somehow was ignored during the playoffs

MY #1 choice for a free agent center would be Dan Gadzuric and I'd pay him more than the minimum , I think he's worth Scalabrine money ($3M)

I don't think J'ON can be counted on for more than 20 minutes a game for 80 games, and then the same for the playoffs

Celtics NEED Troy Murphy to stay and give them 20 minutes at center !

PIC OF YESTERDAY'S DUST STORM IN PHX, 2nd DUST STORM IN A WEEK:

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I love a back up like foster as 3rd string.

I think J/O Brown Foster would give us enough minutes and fouls to be effective

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I still like JON, Aaron Gray and Kwame/Rolle/Johnson

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Finally Da gives us some names that are realistic:

Between Foster, Gadzuric and Przybilla (not mentioned by Da) I like Foster the best.

He is slightly less injury prone than Przybilla/Gadzuric, but puts up monster rebounding #'s, which is what we need. In just 16.8 mins a game last year he was grabbing 6.8 boards and has always been a 50-50 split def/off boards.

Gadzuric managed to play in an avg of 11.2 mins last year for the Warriors and Nets and hauled in 3.3 rebounds. His only season worthy of being a 2nd string Center was in 2005. I think Foster can still be a 2nd string Center if we have a healthy 24-28 minute JON next year. Gadzuric cannot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jermaine means so much to this team next year.

He said his knees felt heathier than they'd been in years when he came back, he was just rusty and had to get back into cardio shape. Then he hurt his wrist, which was operated on and will be fine by the beginning of the year. He is younger than all our big 3 at age 32.

He was a 28 minute, 13.6 point, 7 rebound 1.4 block guy 3rd option on offense just 2 years ago in Miami, with the knee pain and various other issues.

If he can be a 26 minute, 10.5 point, 7 rebound 1.5 block 4th or 5th option on offense for us next year it would be a major step towards a title.

Then you can get a defender/rebounder like Dalembert, Foster or Brown to only play 16-22 minutes a game at Center, and when they are in the game you have a better shooter than Rondo like D'West in with them.

Pierce would prob be on that 2nd unit as well, since he should be the 6th man and Green play 33-37 minutes a game and lead the team in scoring.

Starters:

JON (26 mins)
    KG (26 mins)
    Green (34 mins)
    Ray (26 mins)
    Rondo (34 mins)

Bench:

Foster/Kwame/Dalembert (18 mins)
    Baby (22 mins)
    Pierce (30 mins)
    D'West (20 mins)

Johnson, Moore, Avery on the bench

That is a very simple, non-blockbuster trade or long MLE commitment way to being a scary contending club as long as we rest the big 3 all season in 26-30 mins, get a healthy JON (and west), a borderline all-star 18-19ppg Jeff Green and Rondo w/ an improved shot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

how about Sheed?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]rame, Foster or Kwame could end up in Boston, but Dalembert is the best Center available in this year's free agent class. I doubt the Celts would be able outbid the other teams with more money to offer.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I doubt he gets more than the MLE from anyone

It would come down to if he sees our 1 year MLE offer better than say Miami's, or if DA would give him more than 1 year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Dalembert is an 18-22 minute Center whose flaws are exposed if you try to make him a 26-32 minute a game starter.

He's not worth more than 4-5 million a year, but people do always overpay for size.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]Dalembert is an 18-22 minute Center whose flaws are exposed if you try to make him a 26-32 minute a game starter. He's not worth more than 4-5 million a year, but people do always overpay for size.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

The Mavs paid Brendan Haywood 9m per year just to be a backup C. Samuel Dalembert, who's a better player than Haywood, will surely at least get what Haywood is getting.

I do agree that teams do overpay for size, like OKC giving Kendrick Perkins 8m per year. So why would Dalembert settle for less when he's better than Haywood and Perkins? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

The guy better be a defense first guy, or Doc will not play him. Ainge has to factor how Doc uses or more to the point, does not use, guys he feels are offense first types. Guys like Sasha, Troy Murphy, Eddie House, Von Wafer and even Jeff Green to a lesser degree. I think Dalenbert is a guy Doc would immediately love because he is clearly a defense first type, but I dont see how we could afford him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vet minimum centers possibly? : The Mavs paid Brendan Haywood 9m per year just to be a backup C. Samuel Dalembert, who's a better player than Haywood, will surely at least get what Haywood is getting. I do agree that teams do overpay for size, like OKC giving Kendrick Perkins 8m per year. So why would Dalembert settle for less when he's better than Haywood and Perkins?    
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

No, they paid him to be the starter and replace former overpaid big man Dampier, who they had an unguaranteed contract with. Mavs then got lucky to swap Dampier for Chandler, who was a wildcard b/c he spent the previous 2 seasons injured.

Haywood went from a starter playing hard (now it seems just for the money) to a very well paid backup who didn't play as hard anymore off the bench.

Haywood was a 27-33 minute starter the 4 seasons before earning that deal.

Dalembert is almost the same guy Haywood was, a starter until this past season, when he split his games 50-50 as a starter... but he really is more of a 22-24 minute platoon Center. Perfect to pair with a JON.

Haywood would have gotten the full MLE if he didn't get traded into Cuban's rich clutches. So should Dalembert.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vet minimum centers possibly? : No, they paid him to be the starter and replace former overpaid big man Dampier, who they had an unguaranteed contract with. Mavs then got lucky to swap Dampier for Chandler, who was a wildcard b/c he spent the previous 2 seasons injured. Haywood went from a starter playing hard (now it seems just for the money) to a very well paid backup who didn't play as hard anymore off the bench. Haywood was a 27-33 minute starter the 4 seasons before earning that deal. Dalembert is almost the same guy Haywood was, a starter until this past season, when he split his games 50-50 as a starter... but he really is more of a 22-24 minute platoon Center. Perfect to pair with a JON. Haywood would have gotten the full MLE if he didn't get traded into Cuban's rich clutches. So should Dalembert.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a coincidence that the Celtics just happen to have a lot of cap space in 2012. Tony Allen wanted a 3-year contract, the Celtics were only willing to offer a 2-year deal. It's very obvious the Celtics and Danny Ainge intend to go on a spending spree in free agency next year. So even if Dalembert agrees to the MLE, the Celtics will not be able give Dalembert a multi-year contract. The Celtics and Ainge made sure they would have the cap space in 2012. It would not make sense if they do something to compromise the cap space in 2012 by signing Dalembert to a multi-year contract in 2011.  

Danny Ainge would not be doing his job if he didn't try to sign Dwight Howard in 2012. Whether Dwight Howard wants to be a Celtic or not, it's Ainge's job to try to convince Howard to sign with Boston. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

There is some irony here

We are looking for a physical defense first center that Doc will trust...didnt we trade him away for an offense first forward that Doc does not trust?

And I am by no means in love with Perkins game at all...but the irony is somewhat thick for Ainge....

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE]Dalembert would be the perfect defensive center for the C's but since they don't want to offer a multi-year deal to an aging center with 2012 FA approaching, they'd be best served using the MLE for added scoring via Jamal Crawford, J R Smith or even DeShawn Stevenson and sign K Brown and J Foster with the BAE and VM. If the new CBA succeeds in reducing contract size and length then some over paid bigs and young restricted and free agents may be doable for the MLE. RFA's like Spencer Hawes or Marc Gasol may be pried away from their current employers unwilling to give them MLE money. FA's like David West or Kris Humphries may be more affordable than everyone thinks ....
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I'm confused, I thought you said David West for the MLE and JJ Barea for the BAE? 

You disappear for a few days then when you show up you're singing a different tune. You're a fraud, man!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE]Dalembert would be the perfect defensive center for the C's but since they don't want to offer a multi-year deal to an aging center with 2012 FA approaching, they'd be best served using the MLE for added scoring via Jamal Crawford, J R Smith or even DeShawn Stevenson and sign K Brown and J Foster with the BAE and VM. If the new CBA succeeds in reducing contract size and length then some over paid bigs and young restricted and free agents may be doable for the MLE. RFA's like Spencer Hawes or Marc Gasol may be pried away from their current employers unwilling to give them MLE money. FA's like David West or Kris Humphries may be more affordable than everyone thinks ....
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

The members of the board have the power to police the board themselves ... Don't relie on the moderators. Speak up and don't accept unacceptable behavior when you see it ... Favorites don't deserve special exceptions ... all s/b treated equally in a democracy!

You're asking the members of the board to police the board themselves. If that's the case then you're under arrest for excessive flip-flopping. 

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can be used against you in the court of this board. Don't bother with an attorney, I'm sure you can't afford one. lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeah employee's ideas are all over the place

People need to recognize that we need size first and foremost and also place realistic value on free agents around the league

Sections
Shortcuts