Vet minimum centers possibly?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Re: Vet minimum centers possibly?

In Response to Re: Vet minimum centers possibly?:
    In Response to Re: Vet minimum centers possibly? : Let's look at West from a different perspective. In a potential lockout season he could have had guaranteed $ when play resumed and be a FA next year but turned that down. This, knowing that he would be recuperating from surgery too! So what advantage does he obtain from becoming a FA now? Will he make more $ under the new CBA? Will another team risk a big contract on a player untested since surgery and pay big money in year one for someone that may not be on the floor till Jan or Feb or later? Most likely he and his agent felt that the future of NO was in question and a sinking ship with all the Chris Paul speculation. Why stay when he could at least play for a contender even if only for a shortened year? Then, once he's proven that his surgery isn't an issue he can sign longer term for a team and $ that he wants. He hasn't lost or gained a thing by opting out so far other than being paid while recuperating should the lockout be resolved quicker than expected. Why not take pro-rata MLE for a few months if it may get you a championship and then get you that last big contract? Or, see if a S&T is doable with NO and another team. He can win on both accounts ... that's my take and if that happens then we'd have KG, DW & Johnson at PF. I'd leave Green alone at the SF to fully develop in his natural position rather than trying to keep him in that combo player mode for now. KG can play some center depending upon the opponent as well. I'm not predicting that this is gonna happen but just as it's Danny's responsibility to try to get Howard it's also his job to talk to West/Agent and see if they'd be interested in playing out the shortened season here. If West does make a nice return and proves that he can fill KG's sneakers then that gives Ainge the ability to use KG for trade bait. I don't know what the NBA will do with the NO franchise but it's in their best interest to keep the team stocked with players unless they decide to shuttle the NO franchise completely. In that case, Stern would be better off working a S&T for West getting back Davis/Bradley/TE and everyone wins ... Davis, Celtics, NO and West. If Stern can't/won't do a S&T (or gets a better offer) then all we have to offer is MLE and then it's up to West. If a S&T is doable with NO then we still have the MLE to sign another player ... would Crawford, Richardson or Stevenson take that to play with KG, DW, PP, RA, & RR? You tell me ... ??? KG, JON and K Brown (BAE) with another big (Foster) that can play the 4/5 at VM would be fine for a shortened year and certainly capable of winning another championship. If it doesn't work then Danny has the luxury of being able to pursue Howard with multiple expiring contracts and the team will still be a contender sans KG & RA. PG: RR, Delonte West, ??? SG: RA, Crawford, Moore SF: PP, JG, ??? PF: KG, David West, Johnson -C: KG, JON, K Brown, Foster
    Posted by Mployee8

When was the last time you said something that eventually came true? lol

From what I've seen from you the last couple of months, it looks like something's wrong with your crystal ball.Laughing

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

West is dreaming, but he's not a center anyway.  We NEED at least two to back up JON this year (assuming we don't count baby or JJJ).  I still like the combo of Aaron Gray and Kwame Brown, since they don't need to score anyway!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Vet minimum centers possibly? : Agreed, I don't want West.  Would rather have Baby, and I don't want him....:) Also strongly agree that Stern hates the Celtics.  We need to do research and see if Petrovic's salary came off the books for the Nets - also agree the lottery is fixed- SAS, HOU, NYK, CLE (TWICE - once to get MeBron, and last year), SEA and POR - just off the top of my head...LAL has won the lottery twice, while BOS has never had the #1 pick.  I wonder if Worthy had died the night after the draft what Stern would have done..................
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Those opinions are starting to sound like conspiracies, Red...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Vet minimum centers possibly? : Who knows it certainly says nothing along the lines of: 'West hated New Orleans so much and wants a title so bad that he will leave 3 million on the table along with multiple long-term well paying deals after the lockout to play for a contender at 1 year and 5 million' Cuz thats what you seem to think he'll do.... or that Stern is going to scramble after a new CBA is decided to help make some Baby/Avery for West sign and trade happen to help a team he hates (examples of Stern celtic hate: Reggie Lewis salary weighed down our cap for years after he died, 2010 finals officiating, lotto rigged for Knicks to get Ewing but not for Celts to get Duncan:D) West will be 31 in 2012 so when you start worrying about losing KG, he will have had major knee surgery and be older than the healthy KG we traded for in 07. When he was in his prime in his 20's with CP3, Chandler/Okafor and Peja/Ariza his team was just a 2nd rd playoff club, never a real threat. Put an older less effective West with Rondo, Pierce (age 35) and Green and do you think we'll be any better than the 08-11 Hornets? If we had a Center like Kaman or someone else decent we traded our assets on we could be BETTER with Baby/Johnson and some Jeff Green, all in their 20's at PF... then West in his 30's.
    Posted by rameakap

Agreed.  I think West is over-rated and over the hill.  I would rather have Baby, and I don't want him...:)  I'd take Aaron Gray, JON and Brown then make a run at DH next year.

Sections
Shortcuts