Violet Palmer = Terrible

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Violet Palmer = Terrible

No sexism here. Dfury didn't even notice her junk in the trunk.

Otherwise VP would have been utterly indistinguishable from the other zebras. 

Pud

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Violet Palmer = Terrible:
    [QUOTE]I'm not a Dick Bavetta guy either. He's like the Fred Cusick of Basketball. He's so blind he misses a good game. Violet is terrible. man, woman or ugly hermaphrodite if you suck you suck and that lady sucks.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

A lot of them suk but she stands out because she is a she. Otherwise, VP is lost in a crowd of zebras and no one even notices or comments.

And she takes a whole lot of guff with considerable grace and dignity.

Pud

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

She should not be a professional referee, but then again, she's not the only one.  At least with Violet, you know it's going to be a bad ref-job from the start.  No surprises.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

sucks, blows, blown, blowing, sucking... those term s connected to any female professional is really insensitive... seems like some of you would like to walk in the lockerrromm and give the big 4 special favors before the game and be indebted to them rather than some other superstar she may be tapping (or blowing) on the side.  i have watched vio for a while and i rarely even notice she is  out there. i think she calls a good game.. now worse or necessarily better than othere. if anything she's better in that she does not have the same sensitive tech skin as some of the testestorone laden guys! the guys can lead their case and move on. often they do it respectfully because some with a vag is out there. i think its a good thing. get ready for female umps and female pitchers. you may even have a female shooting guard one of these days....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Violet Palmer = Terrible:
    [QUOTE]Why is she back reffing. They gave her another job becasue she was terrible. Am I missing something? She is the absolute worst. Her crew has always blown and will always blow.

Maybe she should go apply for a job on the Dayton, OH police department.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Come on folks, she is no better or no worse than alot of referees.  Like some players have bad games, maybe yesterday was one of her bad games.  I honestly thought Tony Brothers was worse.

Against NJ, we shot only 1 free throw until deep in the 3rd quarter as referees Bennett Salvatore, Derrick Collins and Mark Lindsey made sure no fouls were assessed against NJ.  I thought that was a poorly-officiated game.

Against Milwaukee, Ken Mauer, Leroy Richardson and Gary Zielinski called the Celtics for 3 defensive 3 second technicals.  Against Milwaukee when our defense is clicking on all cylinders?  No way.

Yesterday, I thought Violet let the guys play and that frustrated Granger so much that he got a technical.  That also allowed the Pacers to really hit the boards hard, which resulted in keeping the ball alive on the offensive end alot.  But Brothers called a ball out on Granger when Pierce clearly swatted it out of bounds.  And even Tommy commented how Brothers was standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE PLAY yet blew the call!  Yet Palmer came all the way over to overrule/correct his call.

I enjoy games more when the refs left the players play like last night.  I think Violet is a very capable official just like many others in the NBA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Violet is from LA.....go figure. Oh yeah and so ain't Derek Richardson.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Violet Palmer = Terrible:
    [QUOTE]Why is she back reffing. They gave her another job becasue she was terrible. Am I missing something? She is the absolute worst. Her crew has always blown and will always blow.

Can't be worse than Salvatore or Crawford or Kennedy

Sections
Shortcuts