Vitor Faverani and Ocotober

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Vitor Faverani and October

October was the only month that Vitor had sufficient minutes on a regular basis to evaluate him.  You must take into account the 6ft.11in. 260 pound rookie had no experience and had little knowledge of the players playing with and against him.  Also had a communication problem and was living in a new country with varied experiences.  1. 27 minutes per game or half a game...  2.  13 points a game or about 7 points per quarter.... 3. 3 rebounds per half... 4.  3 blocks per half..... 5.  3 turnovers and lots of fouls...   6.  Little or no adjustment for the way the game was called where rookies are considered....           He moved pretty good for a big guy, he showed offensive potential.  Remember he is looking for how he will fit in, what shots should he take and pass on, what to expect from the players, and other factors.  He gave some rim protection and looked like the only simblance of a center we had.  My take, I think the Celts see potential in him given time to develop.  I think we had too many power forwards that looked quicker than him but could not protect the rim or defend big bigs.  I think the Celts cut back on his opportunities and hid him out with next year in mind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Vitor Faverani and Ocotober

Are you stalking me?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy.
    Show Fiercy's posts

Well at least someone is stalking me...

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Asik is at least a somebody. Fav is a nobody.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Favaerani as a starting C is a indicator that your team sucks.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Time will tell...  I think "all the experts" here will be wrong.  

There is a reason San Antonio got into a bidding war with the Celtics for Fav's services... but then San Antonio can't find talent can they, international talent especially.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Wozzy I know you love this guy, and I'd like nothing better than to see him settle down and apply his physical talents in a reliable and game impacting NBA way....but for the first two games last year, I just don't see it - at all.

He's got to show his improvement right away at camp or I venture a guess they dispose of him outright or send him back to the wilds of Maine to mangle door ways with his 6-11 head like Melo did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Anybody notice who the guy was playing with, his age, his homeland, you know it could take some time before statements like he sucks can be said to be valid, did any of you notice his good spots??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

Anybody notice who the guy was playing with, his age, his homeland, you know it could take some time before statements like he sucks can be said to be valid, did any of you notice his good spots??

Sure did, his first two nights in the NBA. After that it was pure sucksville.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Fav is the next Bill Russell, sadly its not the Bill Russell you're thinking about.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Fav is the next Bill Russell, sadly its not the Bill Russell you're thinking about.

Would you take another Brad Miller?   That would would an upside optimistic projection I would make, health provided.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

BRAD MILLER WAS PRETTY DAMN GOOD FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS

VITOR FAVERANI SHOWED A LOT OF POTENTIAL, LETS SEE HIM DO TRAINING CAMP WITH THE NEW PLAYERS AND RONDO.....

HE'S DEFINITELY AN ASSET, WAY BETTER THAN FAB MELO

STOP BRINGING UP ASIK, IT'S A STUPID COMPARISON .....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to PHX85014's comment:

I agree Vitor Faverani is probably a career backup, but he's better than anything they've had for a while at center

Let's see who the Celtics bring in on draft night & free agency

There's 15 roster spots.....

BRAD MILLER WAS PRETTY DAMN GOOD FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS

VITOR FAVERANI SHOWED A LOT OF POTENTIAL, LETS SEE HIM DO TRAINING CAMP WITH THE NEW PLAYERS AND RONDO.....

HE'S DEFINITELY AN ASSET, WAY BETTER THAN FAB MELO

STOP BRINGING UP ASIK, IT'S A STUPID COMPARISON .....

Vitor Faverani did not show a lot of potential.

Just because Fav had one great game, against the Bucks last November, it doesn't mean he has a lot of potential.

Fav is and will only be a career backup at best.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Vitor can play. Is he a starting caliber center? No. But he can be a good,solid rotational big. He was one of the few bigs we had that would  slip the pick and go to the rim and finish, I think with rondo he can really flourish as a pick and roll guy. (kind of like wilcox) He also showed an ability to pick and pop and hit the 3 pt shot.

In the post is where he struggled, especially with his back to the rim in particular.  His jump hooks were often very flat.  He def has room for improvement. But he has 2 things that are very hard to find, size and skill. I like vitor and his salary is reasonable plus we are desperate for size.  

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts