Vitor to D-League!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Vitor to D-League!

The Boston Celtics announced today that they have assigned center Vitor Faverani to their NBA Development League affiliate, the Maine Red Claws. "This is just a quick assignment to get Vitor some more game action. He'll be back with the Celtics for shootaround tomorrow morning. This is a great option for any Celtics player to get more in-game experience without missing any Celtics activities, and we expect there will be more of this type of assignment for Celtics players during the remainder of the season," said Danny Ainge, Celtics President of Basketball Operations. NBA.com

Rumors tagsBoston CelticsD-LeagueVitor Faverani  Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors  

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.KcYBCjWf.dpuf

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Vitor to D-League!

I am guessing they did not want Vitor's play to upstage Paul and KG's return to Boston! LOL!! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I like this move,Vitor has NBA skills he just looks lost out there sometimes about schemes,assignments and such. Vitor DOES have great hands,left-right abilities and range. The playing time will do him good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I like this move,Vitor has NBA skills he just looks lost out there sometimes about schemes,assignments and such. Vitor DOES have great hands,left-right abilities and range. The playing time will do him good.

The game is on youtube......Vitor has been active 9 pts 6 rebs

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

One thing's for sure, legit starting NBA Centers don't get assigned to the D-League.

Not usually. Although I do think Marcin Gortat (who is slightly over rated IMO) spent a little time in the D-league. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Not usually. Although I do think Marcin Gortat (who is slightly over rated IMO) spent a little time in the D-league. 

Yeah, but not this season or last season.

Gortat spent time in the D-League when he was not a starter.

Before the season started, I was told that Fav is already a legit starting NBA Center who's better than Asik and will average 14 ppg, 8 rpg, and 2 bpg.

Ahh. Yeah,  true. Gortat sure wouldn't be there today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Fav finished with 13-pts and 7-rebs  Redclaws won the game! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Curious as to why Vitor does not get more playing  time during this rebuilding phase . As the previous poster  stated he has excellent hands, righty and lefty finishing ability around the basket , range on his jumpshot , is a good foul shooter and  a good rebounder. His defense at this time needs work but his attitude seems good and to me the positives in his game far outweigh the negatives.  He is a rookie center who could develope into an important role player in the future.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to satchsanders' comment:

Curious as to why Vitor does not get more playing  time during this rebuilding phase . As the previous poster  stated he has excellent hands, righty and lefty finishing ability around the basket , range on his jumpshot , is a good foul shooter and  a good rebounder. His defense at this time needs work but his attitude seems good and to me the positives in his game far outweigh the negatives.  He is a rookie center who could develope into an important role player in the future.

Good question - the Cs could be show casing other players AND OR Vitor has not earned playing time in practice! 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Good question - the Cs could be show casing other players AND OR he has not earned his playing time in practice! 

Marshon Brooks is a perfect example.

No defense, no playing time.

That's Brad Stevens' philosophy.

Think about it, Gerald Wallace only produces 4.6 ppg and Brad Stevens keeps playing him.

Actually we are in agreement - playing time is earned in practice! You show it or blow it! 

Coaches seldom let a player coast in practice and play in games! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

Good question - the Cs could be show casing other players AND OR he has not earned his playing time in practice! 

Think about it, Gerald Wallace only produces 4.6 ppg and Brad Stevens keeps playing him.

Actually we are in agreement - playing time is earned in practice! You show it or blow it! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

Could be a practice issue but I remember a quote earlier this year from Brad Stevens stating that " Vitor is all in ". Which makes me doubt that he isnt working hard in practice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Could be a practice issue but I remember a quote earlier this year from Brad Stevens stating that " Vitor is all in ". Which makes me doubt that he isnt working hard in practice.

The effort might be there - BUT - that effort might not be producing positive results! He is an undrafted rookie - that - will take time to develop! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Found this excerpt:

According to SportVU, opponents are making 49.2 percent of their 8.8 attempts at the rim per game against Faverani. League average on shots in the restricted area is just below 60 percent (subscription required), but it's still too early to gauge whether Faverani is a barbed wire barricade masquerading as a man or someone who coincidentally finds himself in the right place at the right time. (The former is more likely, but we'll see.)

Again, it’s really early, and benching a player who’s performed poorly in four games after thriving in two may be rash. ButFaverani’s on/off numbers have been a nightmare. Boston’s offense is scoring 85.3 points per 100 possessions when he’s on the court while allowing 105.1 on the other end, according to NBA.com (subscription required).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Found this excerpt:

According to SportVU, opponents are making 49.2 percent of their 8.8 attempts at the rim per game against Faverani. League average on shots in the restricted area is just below 60 percent (subscription required), but it's still too early to gauge whether Faverani is a barbed wire barricade masquerading as a man or someone who coincidentally finds himself in the right place at the right time. (The former is more likely, but we'll see.)

Again, it’s really early, and benching a player who’s performed poorly in four games after thriving in two may be rash. ButFaverani’s on/off numbers have been a nightmare. Boston’s offense is scoring 85.3 points per 100 possessions when he’s on the court while allowing 105.1 on the other end, according to NBA.com (subscription required).

I don't know where they are getting their figures from, but Fav is a minus 7.6 in on/off.

Bass is minus 10.4.

Rondo is a minus 7.9.

Green is a minus 1.3.

Bradley is a minus 1.9.

http://www.82games.com/1314/1314BOS.HTM

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Fav and his salary is a keeper as a back up center. He could be spot stater. I think he will finish his contract in Boston. He should stay in D League for a while work on his D and keep his offense sharp. He just needs to adjust to American basketball as he played International style.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Good points

Vitor has shown a lot of promise as a rookie , he needs as much action in the D League as he can get......

So sick of people on this board trashing the Celtics rookies , all three of them have had signifigant roles this season and they are all continuing to grow as pro ballplayers , would love to see all three rookies averaging over 20 minutes a game over the last 20 games or so.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Found this excerpt:

I don't know where they are getting their figures from, but Fav is a minus 7.6 in on/off.

Bass is minus 10.4.

Rondo is a minus 7.9.

Green is a minus 1.3.

Bradley is a minus 1.9.

http://www.82games.com/1314/1314BOS.HTM

Excerpt from dated article

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Boston Celtics announced today that they have recalled center Vitor Faverani from their NBA Development League affiliate, the Maine Red Claws. NBA.com

Rumors tagsBoston CelticsD-LeagueVitor Faverani  Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors  

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.AVXmejx6.dpuf

Sections
Shortcuts