Von Wafer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Von Wafer

I always liked his aggresiveness to the basket.  Tonite he attacked the rim 3 times in a row and scored easily against the Thunder.  I wish Doc would had played him more and had drawn n up plays for him cause he is explosive and can spread the floor with his jumper.  We lack players who attack the basket with the exception of Paul pierce and rondo i believe.  It is a high percentage.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Von Wafer

i agree. i like the way he was aggressive and was able to get to the rim. very few celtics, other than rondo, who can do that on this team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Hopefully Pietrus attacks the basket like Wafer  pierce  and rondo .  Im excited too see M Pietrus i respect his game .  About time we got am athltic swingman to poay for us   In Response to Re: Von Wafer:
    [QUOTE]i agree. i like the way he was aggressive and was able to get to the rim. very few celtics, other than rondo, who can do that on this team.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Von Wafer-  sounds like a new kind of cookie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

I agree with the post here, but it is apparent that to get Von to even compete there was some high maintainence issues (meaning he was hard to break in and buy-in).  Believe me, I still do not undertand the Keyon Dooling versus Delonte West, but there seems to be a sentiment that Doc and Danny likes the profesionalism and maturity with this group.  

Baby, Nate, Wafer, Delonte were high maintainence or injury prone.    Cannot blame Danny and Doc for that.  

Von did do some good things on offense, but if you spend extra effort just to do something on the defensive end then that is not the Celtics way.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

In Response to Re: Von Wafer:
    [QUOTE]Hopefully Pietrus attacks the basket like Wafer  pierce  and rondo .  Im excited too see M Pietrus i respect his game .  About time we got am athltic swingman to poay for us   In Response to Re: Von Wafer :
    Posted by RickFox17[/QUOTE]

Pietrus is NOT going the attack the basket, that is not his style;  he can play decent perimeter defense;  won't back down, and he is a spot up shooting that can spread the floor.  

Quis, is the guy that can attack the basket and finish, he just had his hands full last night.  

I think once the Avery Bradley experiment dies down (the kid needs more seasoning and I don't know if we have time), I think the second unit will consist of Wilcox, Bass, Quis, Dooling, and Pietrus;  and I am thinking that E'twan Moore can push Dooling.  

But I have to agree with Doc, I like your bench, just wished they did not hve to give up on D-West. 

Sections
Shortcuts