W-T-H is rondo doing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

W-T-H is rondo doing?

He has let go of at least 8 easy buckets under the rim. In the last two plays he go passes under the rim from KG and instead of shooting he tries to pass back to Pierce who's being defended by two knicks! GIMME A FREAKING BREAK!!!!!!

Even Doc was looking pissed and called for a time out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: W-T-H is rondo doing?

Guy has stats on his mind apparently

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Those were pretty bizar....he has to take those. Indeed looks like he values assists more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Seems like every lucky bounce, shot etc going Knicks way in the first 1/2... Rondo playing like garbage... on both ends

Getting killed off the boards on both ends

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Terrible foul by Pierce. Overall they're playing not bad since Robinson came in, but some lapses are costing them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to W-T-H is rondo doing?:
    He has let go of at least 8 easy buckets under the rim. In the last two plays he go passes under the rim from KG and instead of shooting he tries to pass back to Pierce who's being defended by two knicks! GIMME A FREAKING BREAK!!!!!! Even Doc was looking pissed and called for a time out.
    Posted by celticsfanmx

I was thinking the same thing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

rondo is getting taken to the woodshed by raymond felton, a guy who shouldn't be able to hold his jock.  18 and 11 for felton through 3.

we needed rondo to come in tonight and score some points.  we were immediately down 6 easy points with shack being out and kg is stone cold. 

sometimes we need rondo to do more than just over-pass the ball and get his dime numbers.  :-O

in fairness, the bench has done nothing great.  but of all people to come up empty for points in a mike d'anotonio game vs. a d'antonio defenseless minded team, rondo should be the last.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Yeah not a good game by Rondo.  I obviously hope he isn't hurt but having Nate in right now can only help.  Rondo has been off all night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Wow.......what a game!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

What a finish!! I almost couldnt watch. THe way things were going for the Knicks all night I was worried they win on a last second shot.

Ill tell ya, Knicks made so many wild shots and the 3's at the end of quarters...it looked like they were destined to win.

Celtics amazed me tonight... what a win (even though it was misery to watch)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: W-T-H is rondo doing?:
    What a finish!! I almost couldnt watch. THe way things were going for the Knicks all night I was worried they win on a last second shot. Ill tell ya, Knicks made so many wild shots and the 3's at the end of quarters...it looked like they were destined to win. Celtics amazed me tonight... what a win (even though it was misery to watch)
    Posted by Karllost

Agreed man.  I kind of took you to task on the thread you started but yeah.  It was brutal at times.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

One play that left me scratching my head is when Rondo got a pass and was in front of everyone, completely wide open under the hoop, but instead of laying it in, he passes it back out...that definitely left me somewhat puzzled.

What concern me more was what happen during the 4th quarter when Rondo appeared to be upset with Doc for taking him out of the game, and appeared to be arguing with Doc.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

One play that left me scratching my head is when Rondo got a pass and was in front of everyone, completely wide open under the hoop, but instead of laying it in, he passes it back out...that definitely left me somewhat puzzled. What concern me more was what happen during the 4th quarter when Rondo appeared to be upset with Doc for taking him out of the game, and appeared to be arguing with Doc.
    Posted by rayallen1

Then Doc put him right back in.  Head scratcher.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

What concern me more was what happen during the 4th quarter when Rondo appeared to be upset with Doc for taking him out of the game, and appeared to be arguing with Doc.
    Posted by rayallen1

welcome to everyone's concerns.  we have a runaway brat on the team.  he's been catered to and coddled to since day 1.  we manage to rest everyone else who is hurt because we don't want to risk them getting hurt worse when they shouldn't be out there pushing it.

but when it comes rajon rondo, we do seemingly anything to keep him happy, NOW even if it isn't good for him and/or he is playing like crap we can't get him off the floor without him showing up Doc!

for the life of me i can't understand it.  horrible talent management is all that comes to mind.  feloniously bad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Rondo doesn't have much confidence with his offense because he is pretty clearly injured. The things that he is doing are the things that he feels like he can do safely without making his issues worse.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

If Rondo plays tomorrow nite Doc is nuts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

In Response to Re: W-T-H is rondo doing? : Then Doc put him right back in.  Head scratcher.
    Posted by OneOnOne

I also saw that. Didn't like to see the dude angry at Doc for telling him the truth: that he was doing nothing good tonight! And then he gets in again!

Also I don't get it. Paul Pierce and the other veterans should push him to shoot when he's alone and open under the rim. Those are the easiest baskets ever and he jus does NOT WANT to get them, come on! If they're outspoken with Shaq and the newcomers so they should be with Rondo. What we saw today on the court was unacceptable in so many levels!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

For those getting on Rondo and Doc and Ray about running the offense, consider this:  If Rondo's not playing, we are down to 8 players in rotation....and two of them being Erden and Wafer (yuck).   We're not healthy and gutting out wins.   Love these guys for their heart....this year and last year.   We're just an older team that suffers from a lot of injuries.  Gotta live with the good (our experience and talent and great coaching schemes) as well as the bad (old and injured more often).

Doc could rest more people, but I think he doesn't like not having home court advantage as he found out in last year's playoffs.

Next few weeks will be tough.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo's  snit when Doc yanked him late was the most emotion I've seen from him in quite a while.

He was quite the defiant one showing up Doc to go back in... until of course he got back in.

At that point he was useless (i.e., hind teat on a bull) making me wonder... does he have visions perhaps of.......

MVP???? MVP????? MVP????

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

first off..he was taken out bc he was hobbling and defensively couldnt stay with neone. not bc he was playing poorly..i swear you guys look at a little clip and think that there was a backstage fight. second, i dont believe rondo should have came back in the game, bc he was badly hobbled PLUS nate came in and was trying to take over, gave them a spark.

p.s rondo didnt play terrible tonite, he was hesitant yes. but he hit his jumpers, found open men, and directed the offense correctly.the driving to the rim that your used to seeing is not going to happen untill hes healthy..he cant do it..idk if u see during fast breaks but he doesnt have that burst of speed nemore bc of the hamstring. i say we shut him down for awhile and go with nate and avery, but then again im not the coach.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: W-T-H is rondo doing? : welcome to everyone's concerns.  we have a runaway brat on the team.  he's been catered to and coddled to since day 1.  we manage to rest everyone else who is hurt because we don't want to risk them getting hurt worse when they shouldn't be out there pushing it. but when it comes rajon rondo, we do seemingly anything to keep him happy, NOW even if it isn't good for him and/or he is playing like crap we can't get him off the floor without him showing up Doc! for the life of me i can't understand it.  horrible talent management is all that comes to mind.  feloniously bad.
    Posted by aciemvp

doc does this alot, takes out personell at the end of the game based on situation. if rondo is healthy, he woulda stayed out there. but he was hobbling and couldnt beat screens or guard the pick and roll, so doc took him out, then put him back in to lead the offense again. this was his plan the entire time. you can not only read docs lips during the clip, but if you know about game situations youd know this..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: W-T-H is rondo doing? : you can not only read docs lips during the clip, but if you know about game situations youd know this..
    Posted by Jamez+Hill

hmm, i see.  it's normal and healthy for a player to give the coach lip for being taken out when they are hobbling and injured.  if you know the CELTICS, they are pretty conservative about playing people with injuries, except when it comes to rondo... why would that be?  why the difference in how people are treated? 

they have already ignored the fact that rondo can't shoot and still play him nearly unconditionally, and then go out of their way to give ballhandling duties to aged veterans during slow down crunch time (you know, the guys who rondo's supposed to be HELPING).

And now they are going to allow Rajon to dictate how injured he is and when he will play too.  The trainer and everyone's eyeballs that he was obviously injured don't know anything.  Leave it all up to Rondo.  But highly regulate everyone else's injuries- Shak, KG, Ray, Paul, Jerlame, etc.   

Why is rondo so different?!

Sections
Shortcuts