W-T-H is rondo doing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Re: W-T-H is rondo doing?

In Response to Re: W-T-H is rondo doing?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: W-T-H is rondo doing? : Wow is this the same Delonte you use to rag on just like your raggin on RR now?  Your going to force me to bring out the Bozo picture again with your stupid posts.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

The only guy in America that would take Delonte over Rondo.  Delonte's career best scoring average is 12 per game and his career assist high is 4.6.

This stuff is wild.  I am not even a huge Rondo fan but when people start saying things like Delonte West is a better point guard?  Wow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chief16OZ. Show Chief16OZ's posts

Four years into his career we're ALL still on the fence (to various degrees) about Rajon. He is the ONLY Celtic who remains an enigma. Rondo certainly has the ability to shine with the best of them, even with a relatively poor jump shot and abominable free throw shooting. Look no further than his stats in last year's cleveland series for °irrefutable proof° of just how good he can be. But he also has nights, like last night, that simply leave you wondering. 

I'm not posting about the celtics current run, their balls out effort-results despite a depleted bench, or even the Celtics overall need for Rondo (love or hate him, Rondo's not going anywhere so the Celtics are going to have to continue to win with him at the helm).  

Players get hot and go cold.  Pierce had 3-4 consecutive off nights, for whatever reason.  It hurt to watch him go 3-12 but Pierce's shot selection was never suspect.  Bricking is painful to watch, no doubt, but if players play within their limits and to their strengths, those 0-for nights are a lot easier to swallow. 

Rondo is clearly not in synch right now.  Yes, he's a passer, we all know that, but last night's passes were excessive even by Rondo standards.  Layup or handoff to Pierce in traffic? Pierce has good hands and knows Rondo's style yet was still caught off gaurd both times. That's telling.  

Rondo MUST be hurt, and is overcompensating for the fall off in quickness-confidence.  Oddly he started the game with two 18 footers that looked better than any jump shots Ive ever seen from him! Then he baffled us all by going away from one of biggest strengths: scoring around the basket. 

Fortunately last night was an anomaly.  I doubt we'll see rondo repeat those brain flatulation decisions again, at least not with the same frequency within a single game.

As for the °who's the leader° and °playing time° questions, Im going to go way out on a limb here: Rondo is without question the orchestra conductor of the Celtics offense but he is NOT the team's leader.  I dont care what anyone says, remove rondo from the equasion and we can still win.  You simply cannot say the same about KG, Pierce, or even Allen.  If any of those three go down, our season is over.  So why does doc continue to ride rondo hard while strictly monitoring everyone else's minutes? Yeah, age is a factor, but I also think it speaks to the indispensable nature of some players as opposed to others.  Just my take.

Go celtics

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: W-T-H is rondo doing? : Rondo has weaknesses but try and name even 10 better point guards out of the 30 teams that are better so we can all laugh at you
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

You obviously cannot comprehend the concept that some players are a function of their team......

I was just watching ESPN where one of the experts said that the loss to the Cs will not be as much as many would expect because there are 4 hall of famers in the starting lineup....

It has nothing to do with who is better or worse so just try to wrap your thoughts around this:

I have said any number of times that there is no other point guard in the league who benefits more from whom they play with and that there are no fewer than a dozen point guards in the league that could easily step in and replace Rondo where the Celtics would not be any worse and in many cases be a lot better - granted they may give up a little on defense but conversely would gain an awful lot on offense.... so here it goes....

Tyreke Evans - the third player in history to average as a rookie 20 points, 5 points and 5 rebounds..... did not play with 4 hall of famers....

Derick Rose - best point guard in the East

Brandon Jennings - first player since Wilt Chamberlain to score 55 points in a game and have a triple double within a calendar year

John Wall -duh

Jameer Nelson - 45% from the floor, 85% from the line, and 40% from 3

oh wait have not even gotten to the good point guards or even some of the bad ones...

CP3 - duh, Deron Williams - duh, Daron Davis, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Devin Harris, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Arron Brooks, Raymond Felton, Steph Curry, Beno Udrih, and so on and so on....  Somehow all of these players - none of which play with 4 hall of famers - would not be able to replace Rondo????  Laughable.  A player that can shoot free throws, make jumpers, make a 3 here or there would somehow disallow the Cs from being 20 and 4.  I disagree - there are any number of players that replace Rondo and the Cs are not worse off and in many cases are a lot better.

Again - your complete inability to assess and or evaluate or consider that there are point guards who don't wake up every morning thanking some God that they have 4 hall of famers to pass the ball to invalidates your opinion.  Give Steph Curry Pierce, Allen, Shaq, and KG and Curry only averages 25 per game and the Cs average about 10 more points per game and the Cs give up about 5 more points per game and instead of Ray wanting to rip Rondo's head off Pierce and Ray so oool - thanks for being able to a part of the offense......

Mike Bibby is a gigantic liability on defense and even at his advanced age if you provided him 4 hall of fame players his skill set would have him where the Celtics are, the difference is that he would actually be part of the offense as opposed to passing 5 foot layups, 10 foot jumpers, 15 foot jumpers, 18 foot jumpers, 20 foot jumpers, and 3s and obtw not shooting 40% from the line.

If you were able to put Ray, KG, and Paul under a truth (troof for you ebonics readers) serum they would say that they would like to stop being doubled and love to stop having whomever should be guarding Rondo dropping into the paint they would each say give me anyone who can shoot and we will go from there.  Probably don't remember last night how the experts said "the Knicks should not even guard Rondo").

Whenever the Celtics are on TV other than with Tommy ( a buffoon that adds nothing and loves to pound his own chest about how it was when he played and coached which is no longer even relevant given the changes in the league) I watch the other announcers.

What I heard last night was that the Knicks are crazy if they even guard Rondo and that Rondo needs to learn to move better without the ball because if he were to move he would be wide open for uncontested jumpers..... um ... he cannot make uncontested jumpers...... so nobody guards him..... do any of you think that Rondo has a deodorant contract in waiting?????   "I swear, come guard me, I put my deodorant on, I swear, please someone come guard me"...

The Cs are 20 and 4... they have beaten the Knicks twice by a total of 6 points and have 3 overtime wins... so in other words they are about a total of 12 points away from being 12 and 8.  The difference is not Rondo that is for sure.

Tonight they will go 21 and 4.... 4 and 1 without Rondo - .800.... and 17 and 3 with Rondo.....850   the one loss was by 1 point....

In the last 20 years the Lakers, Spurs, and Bulls have won about 15 of the last 20 championships.... in those championships there have been two really good point guards..... Billups and Parker.... the rest of the champions have had average at best point guards....  so is there anyway we can start to ignore the whole cannot win without a premier point guard and how you cannot win without a floor leader argument......  

If Delonte West was healthy there would not even be a remote chance that there winning streak would be threatened.... Atlanta will be missing their second and 3rd best player and they will be at home and will win their 12th in a row......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Its a shame that Delonte is out indefinitely. Given Rondo's injury, with Delonte in, they would not miss a beat. Indeed they might play consistently better, given that DWest is a more consistent player, lacking Rondos high highs and low lows but he does bring considerable skills to the table and plays hard night in and night out.

What isn't there to love about Delonte? He doesn't elicit the strong visceral responses that Rondo does. His game is solid, he can shoot, ego under control, willing to learn, spreads the floor. WYSIWYG! Has the ability to lead... or to follow. Low maintenance PG. No fears!

What more do the C's need with a deep roster and umpteen future HOFERS? Someone solid and consistent.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

it is good that ainge is growing a set of balls and putting his foot down, despite that left to his own devices of somehow dominating his own coach, rondo would be out there playing in a walking cast if he could.  it's like he's desperate to remain relevant.

and maybe he should be.  when nate has started this year, note: STARTED, nate has played fantastic in my estimation.  i know he's not the traditional pass first point guard but i know i've seen nate notch 20 and 7 dimes or thereabouts at least twice as a starter. 

frankly, the starters must like having the scoring load spread out equally over the 5 of them and the floor spread nicely.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]it is good that ainge is growing a set of balls and putting his foot down, despite that left to his own devices of somehow dominating his own coach, rondo would be out there playing in a walking cast if he could.  it's like he's desperate to remain relevant. and maybe he should be.  when nate has started this year, note: STARTED, nate has played fantastic in my estimation.  i know he's not the traditional pass first point guard but i know i've seen nate notch 20 and 7 dimes or thereabouts at least twice as a starter.  frankly, the starters must like having the scoring load spread out equally over the 5 of them and the floor spread nicely.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I like Nate.  But I have to say 7 points 2 dimes and 4 turnovers at the half isn't looking so great.  The whole offense is totally stagnant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: W-T-H is rondo doing? : I like Nate.  But I have to say 7 points 2 dimes and 4 turnovers at the half isn't looking so great.  The whole offense is totally stagnant.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

Things got better. CPP began to play the point and the team found some needed rhythm.

It will take time for them to figure out how to move the ball around w/o Rondo directing traffic.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: W-T-H is rondo doing? : Things got better. CPP began to play the point and the team found some needed rhythm. It will take time for them to figure out how to move the ball around w/o Rondo directing traffic. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

It did get better.  I watched the second half and Nate looked good.  I really don't think the Celtics will lose much with Nate instead of Rondo.  I just also don't see the need to flagellate Rondo.  He does the job.