Wafer in...Lasme not in...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsrule08. Show celtsrule08's posts

Wafer in...Lasme not in...

BDC reports the late showing by Wafer has him in and Lasme gets waived tonight. 

I say Lasme gets picked up by a team this year it may not be before next week bu i think he is N.B.A  ready and he is a hard worker, Doc also says it most likely will be Shaq starting in the same report. 

I guess he needed a shooter worse therefore Wafer gets the nod.I still wished we could have kept Lasme.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Re: Wafer in...Lasme not in...

In Response to Wafer in...Lasme not in...:
    [QUOTE]BDC reports the late showing by Wafer has him in and Lasme gets waived tonight.    I say Lasme gets picked up by a team this year it may not be before next week bu i think he is N.B.A  ready and he is a hard worker, Doc also says it most likely will be Shaq starting in the same report.    I guess he needed a shooter worse therefore Wafer gets the nod.I still wished we could have kept Lasme.
    Posted by celtsrule08[/QUOTE]

That only means that the Celtics are so deep that they had to cut a good player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics are deep with long big men.  Role players are tricky. Watching Von Wafer the last few games he looks like the shooter he was purported to be.  It really is a matter of what we end of needing as the season progresses. Hopefully Lasme will be someone they can keep tabs on.

I do think older big men we have more  than enough of.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I don't think the other teams are blind. Lasme will end up signing with another NBA team sooner than later, that's for sure. 

Regarding the older big men, I think in the regular season the Celtics will be relying more on Glen Davis and Semih Erden than Shaq and JO. But in the playoffs it will be a different story, besides Shaq and JO the Celtics will have Perk back to complete a three-headed monster attack in the paint. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Well, what's done is done. Time to move on with the roster we have and get ready for opening night with the Heat.

This will be the longest 5 days of my life, waiting for the season tip off to get underway.

FINALLY

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Wafer in...Lasme not in...:
    [QUOTE]I'd take Lasme over Harangoody any day.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

At this point in time maybe you're right. But don't underestimate Luke Harangody, he's no Scal. 

If Harangody consistently hits those outside shots then you have a stretch 4 that can rebound as well. Not mention the fact that scoring comes naturally to Luke.

What hurt Lasme's stock is his lack of a perimeter game, he can't shoot from the outside. And while he's listed as 6-8, with a 7-2 wingspan, his actual height is only 6-6.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Sorry Stephane....experience (especially with the Cs) is always the motivating factor. If you really believe you're an NBA player....than be one. Don't let anyone else define that you are not. Good luck!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm happy for Wafer. I think he can do some of what RA does. He deserves a chance.

NOW, I think Lasme got cut beacuse our depth of bigs but the guy is a player and will get picked up. He doesn't have any offense but he reminds me of a poor mans Powe. I wish we could've found a way to stash him away.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]I'm happy for Wafer. I think he can do some of what RA does. He deserves a chance. NOW, I think Lasme got cut beacuse our depth of bigs but the guy is a player and will get picked up. He doesn't have any offense but he reminds me of a poor mans Powe. I wish we could've found a way to stash him away.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    Bias Lewis, I was thinking the same thing regarding Lasme and Powe.
    Rather the C's kept Lasme, but I'm 2600 miles away from where the C's practice, so what the h*** do I know.
    5 days and counting, yeah?
    Go Celtics 2010-2011

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In today's NBA the PF can usually make the 15-18 foot shot. That's where Lasme was at a disadvantage. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

At this point I totally agree..I am surprised Danny did not think so since him and doc  are all about veteran  players.. Maybe they think/see a better future player in Harangody.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    no way. Harangody rebounds much better. He is more under control and already has a better grasp of the schemes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Wafer is garbage!!!The only reason he made the last roster spot is because we have a plethora of Big men and Delonte is gonna be suspended the first 10 games so we need some depth at the guard/small forward spot. Wafers contract is non guaranteed so unless he shoots the lights out in the first 10 games, I expect him to be released and Lasme picked back up, unless Lasme is signed by another team.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

-

I don't disagree with 007 very often, but take it from M -- Harongody rebounds better than Lasme and he shoots better than Lasme, and I think he has an all around better game, much more upside, and should improve rapidly if Doc gives him minutes.

I loved Lasme's game.  I wish we could have both.  He may go to the D-league, and if we don't bring him up someone else is sure to sign him.  He played his butt off this pre-season and did himself nothing but proud.

Good luck, Lasme.   You're flying dunk was one of the top highlight reels of the preseason.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]  He may go to the D-league, and if we don't bring him up someone else is sure to sign him.  

Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Isnt a 15 men roster already in place? 

Sections
Shortcuts