Wafer/Nate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Wafer/Nate

Wafer is a talent that the Celtics need to utilize more. He gets into the paint whenever he wants. I really like his aggressiveness on offense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Wafer is a smart player. He makes right decisions on plays. Nate needs to do the same by cutting the silly fouls and making more shoots. He was dunk champ for 2-3 times and should use that skill. Missed many layups and his shots got blocked often.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Both players roles will be diminished once Delonte comes back.  Likely one will be moved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Nate is struggling with his shot still while Wafer is starting to put games together where hes looking good.  When West retruns, one of these 2 will be his running mate. Nate looked great with West in preseason but if he continues to drop the ball  after West returns... look for Wafer to take his spot.

Half the season has past and Nate still looks lousy. Hes playing PG so you cut him some slack but  he still isnt drilling his open shots and doing lots of other dumb things.  I dont think Doc is gonna let him continue this way going into the playoffs...

We could see Wafer take his spot... Nate better shape up quick

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I am not thrilled about Nate's play either.  He doesn't commit to making something good happen when one thing isn't working.  For example, when his shot is not falling, I'd like to see him do other things well and he's just not doing that.  If his shot is not falling, he still commits terrible fouls or he makes a horrible pass that ends up as a turnover.  It's like when his shot isn't falling, he's a total mess.

However, in my opinion, the less he has the ball in his hands, the better off he'll be (and the team).  He doesn't need to bring the ball up or run the point.  If his only focus is on spotting up for shots, I'm "hoping" that frees him up to make more.  Delonte and Quis will have the ball the most on the 2nd unit so that should allow Nate to do what he does best.

Honestly, he hasn't been able to do that this season on any kind of consistent basis.  I just want to see him play with Delonte as the SG because I still believe he's an asset.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The only thing I'll say is, teams are still playing him for the shot and not backing off him.  If they back off him and he STILL misses, then he'll be useless.  But they still seem to respect his potential to go off once he gets confident.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Nate's lost his rythm with the Celtics current slower style. If the second unit starts running a bit more that would help. Nate looked terrible in the second quarter last night chucking up an early (in teh 24 second clock) three and then getting picked off on defense for a lay up just after that. At this juncture he'd be better off back on the Knicks with their uptempo style.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Nate is about to lose his spot in the rotation. I'm not sure what's going on. He's always trailing his man on defense and that's a problem for the C's other players you can see it on their faces.

I'm not sure Wafer is ready to take up those minutes because he'll make one great play and then one bad one. He needs to learn consistency is going to keep him in the rotation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Wafer/Nate:
    [QUOTE]Nate is about to lose his spot in the rotation. I'm not sure what's going on. He's always trailing his man on defense and that's a problem for the C's other players you can see it on their faces. I'm not sure Wafer is ready to take up those minutes because he'll make one great play and then one bad one. He needs to learn consistency is going to keep him in the rotation.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Or you will trade him right?   LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

That point guard thing with Nate just hasn't worked out...he's a two guard and that's all he'll ever be. He cannot direct and score too...paired with Delonte his shot will come back, he'll be back in his comfort zone as a 2. But for now, those bricks he's putting up are making one heckuva condominium.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I like Von's game. He's got some things to improve on, but he's young and with ambition and intelligence he should continue to improve. If I were him, I would work on finishing on drives with his left hand. He's all right handed around the basket and that's a big weakness at the NBA level. It's something for him to especially focus on during the offeseason and during the time he practices his shooting and other offensive aspects of his game.
       He's a good passer when he penetrates and he's very fast and strong. Like I said, if he works hard and smart he'll have a bright future.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]Nate is about to lose his spot in the rotation. I'm not sure what's going on. He's always trailing his man on defense and that's a problem for the C's other players you can see it on their faces. I'm not sure Wafer is ready to take up those minutes because he'll make one great play and then one bad one. He needs to learn consistency is going to keep him in the rotation.
    Is there any better team where a young player can grow into a role. I don't think so. Only way for a player to become more consistent is to play him. I believe Wafer to be part of Boston's future. He has some excellent teachers. Problem is that many don't have patience to let these players grow. I think that is wrong. This age of instant gratification is lame. It would be stupid to part with Wafer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

OneNation, that's true. The only disadvantage for Wafer is he's on a great team and once March comes around Doc is going to get his rotation set. Wafer has to keep progressing so Doc can trust him in certain situations. Wafer isn't young so let's hope he does get better BUT doesn't get the bighead like ahem TA and think he can go to another team just because he's found a role with the C's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Nate and Daniels for Battier works:

West
    Wafer
    Battier
    Davis/JON
    Shaq/Erden/JON

NICE!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]OneNation, that's true. The only disadvantage for Wafer is he's on a great team and once March comes around Doc is going to get his rotation set. Wafer has to keep progressing so Doc can trust him in certain situations. Wafer isn't young so let's hope he does get better BUT doesn't get the bighead like ahem TA and think he can go to another team just because he's found a role with the C's.
    Bias...I agree and hope he stays on a even keel and realizes the opportunity he is afforded in Boston. I like is talent so much that I envision him taking over for Ray. Thats how good I think he can be.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]Nate and Daniels for Battier works: West Wafer Battier Davis/JON Shaq/Erden/JON NICE!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

I was/am a Nate fan but Wafer is better. Bigger and more talented. He does play defense as well!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

WE have a problem if West does not return soon and regain his basketball abilities.  If West is unable to return we must make a trade or buy a dependable point gurad.  If Rondo goes down now we are in trouble, Paul and Daniels can keep us competative but it would be hard to sustain.  Rondo is great against most teams most nights, his real problem is when Wade or Koby guards him, once agian West can solve this problem if he is able to shoot like he did last year.  Much depends on West and if Rondo is injured West becomes the glue guy on both units.  We could really use a third point , Rondo and West and somebody else who would fit in and be able to run our offense, Nate is really in a funk right now and I was one of the ones that thought he would be able to play point on this team becaus of his shot, if his shot returns I still feel he could handel the point, but without it he is a liability.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Nates been chuckin shots up, no problem there. At least hes not getting shy with all the misses. Hes missing many wide open shots.

Question is... is this a problem cause hes playing the point or is he losing his touch? Generally speaking, good shooters dont forget how to shoot. They slump & snap out of it.. ask Ray. But Nate has been weak all season.. thats most of the 45 games the C's have played. Thats more than a slump...

I think DOc will stick with Nate until West gets back. If Nates game doesnt improve then, hes gonna ride the bench imo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

im beyondd frustrated with Nate we're down 9 with 5 minutes to go and Nate dribbles twice and shoots a quick 3 .... who does that?!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

As I've posted before Robinson is inept at doing anything on the court.  He slows momentum anytime he's on the floor.  I still say other Celtic players would prefer that he go away.  He reminds me of the kid in school who was an ick and nobody wanted him around but he would try to buddy up with everybody and anybody.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

After the big trade in 07, Cs have been struggling in finding a bu point guard. I don't know exactly how they draft players. Can Cs draft a good point guard next year? Can they find one outside US? There are so many good point guards in the world. How come Cs never find one. Yes they have Dwest now but he is injured. I am not sure how long West will wear green. How nice it would be if West and Rondo play points together for Cs for years to come.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastCoastAudio. Show EastCoastAudio's posts

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=487cvqo

some type of trade like that where we picked up a true backup point guard and small forward would be perfect. we would have tremendous amount of flexibility on the 2nd unit and could put on the floor whoever matched up best against a particular opponent(also i included luke so we could clear a spot for a possible rasheed comeback, but thats another topic, you can keep harangody on the roster if youd like), and add a little more youth too wich will only help down the road. Two things we've been lacking is a true backup point guard, all the way back to dana barros, and a james posey-like sf who can play a little 4 at times while still being a good defender and knocking down 3's, if we get a couple quality players that fit those descriptions theres no doubt we have the deepest team in the league, regardless of what happens with j. oneals knee and a possible rasheed comeback.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Wafer is a smart player, like what I have seen of him so far.
    He really needs more playing time, he can be a great help
    for the C's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Nate? Come on folks how can this surprise anyone... Nate's down fall isn't for lack of effort, he  trys hard. His down fall is his BB IQ, he has none! Danny should realize that this team needs a back up point guard even with D-West coming back. Making trades isn't Danny's strong point, but he needs to try something. Also who sits out when D-West comes back?

Sections
Shortcuts