Wafer signs with Italian Team

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Wafer signs with Italian Team

Another victim of Doc stupidity.  This guy proved he could contribute scoring in bursts (something the second unit needed dearly), running the floor, passable defense.  So Doc benched him. 

I don't know what Doc needs in a 2/3 back up?  Someone Reggie Miller's age that he can trust?  Can anyone in Doc's mind get Ray's minutes down to the 27-28 they should be once and for all.  I think Wafer could have done a lot with that 20 mins a night last year. 

But we never even got around to giving marquis, a 2/3 time splitter 20 mins a game!!!  This next year, whatever is left of it when they're done bickering, is going to be sad for the Celts.  One year older 3 player core gets over-used again and goes even less far in the playoffs.  And the 5 should be a real circus if Jerlame doesn't retire.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Smart move by Wafer. He stays sharp, he's earning money and he can come back to the NBA once the lockout ends.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to Re: Wafer signs with Italian Team:
    Smart move by Wafer. He stays sharp, he's earning money and he can come back to the NBA once the lockout ends.
    Posted by mem17
    I agree. There's no sense in his waiting on the Celtics since he's not been guaranteed a roster spot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Years ago when McHale was drafted at #3 and was threatening to go to Italy, Auerbach was quoted as saying "Let him go eat Spaghetti"

It is 30 years later but enjoy the meal, Von.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Von Wafer can play and the idea that he did not get enough of a chance here is right on the money.  Hopefully he will be back and get some serious playing time.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Good for VW.   I wouldn't waste my career, if I were he, by resigning w/ the C's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Would love to see Von Wafer back with the Celtics

The injury bug was insane last season , and Von Wafer was really starting to come strong when he was injured befor the palyoffs (just like Marquis Daniels before the trade deadline)

Von Wafer is exactly the type of player the Celtics need , hope he comes back and cracks the rotation

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Good luck Von, hope to see you back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Acie and Concord are correct. A great coach would have found a way to make the Miami series more competitive and maybe even win it. Dallas showed that deep down Miami had no heart. Krstic and Wafer needed to be in there instead of collecting dust on the bench. Doc basically used the last 30 games of the season to burn out the starters, lose the top two seeds, and not integrate Krstic and Green into the rotation. Doc's not that good of a coach. If he wasn't a close friend of Ainge, he probably would have been let go. Fitch was canned even though he led the Celtics to a title. There aren't too many coaches who could have prevented us from getting #17. There are probably a few coaches who would have found a way to get #18 in one of the last two years.

Sections
Shortcuts