Wafer to get bigger role?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Wafer to get bigger role?

Do you guys think he'll be back and if so, is it possible he'll get a bigger role? To be honoust before his late injury he was really getting it on in the rotation. If we aren't able to get any decent backup for RA, this might be the guy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Wafer to get bigger role?

I suppose it is possible that he will be back with the Celtics next season.  If they can settle the new CBA and have a season next year.  We will find out about this soon.  I would have thought that the NFL would have come to some sort of agreement by now, so it is definitely possible that the same situation will exist in the NBA. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think he comes back and gets his shot I also think we will see him more at the 2 next year unless he learns to handle the ball over the summer. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Wafer to get bigger role?:
    [QUOTE]Do you guys think he'll be back and if so, is it possible he'll get a bigger role? To be honoust before his late injury he was really getting it on in the rotation. If we aren't able to get any decent backup for RA, this might be the guy!
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

Wow.... a bigger role for a completely irrelevant player.... I cannot wait until camp..... and then of course I cannot wait until the cancel the season so that they can start the rebuilding process..... bye bye Von... we hardly knew ye..... who cares.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I hope Von resigns with the C's and gets consistent playing time. I've posted many times here that I like his game. He's still young and can probably be resigned at the minimum salary again.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Hey Mitch where are you from exactly?
    On topic: I believe he's worth keeping. Young, atheletic, knows our system.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think he is a player with significant upside.  I hope they stay with him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCardinal. Show TheCardinal's posts

Besides Pierce, Wafer is the only player we had who could get his shot anytime he wanted.  He can nail the 3, can drive to the basket and finish, and can draw fouls, so what's not to like.  The kid was under utilized and had he been fully incorporated into the rotation, probably could have helped the team pull out an extra victory during the Heat series.

I watched upwards of 50 regular season games, and I found it baffling that while West was out and after Nate was traded, Doc never ran any plays offensively for the kid.  He also displayed flashes of Tony Allen-like defensive ability,  so I can only speculate that somehow he landed in Doc's doghouse early on, and Doc nevr got comfortable using him the way that he coulda/shoulda used him.

I also think that we seriously need to re-sign Chris Johnson and let him develop. IMNSHO, the potential of Wafer and Johnson is much higher than any two 1st round draft picks available. Along with Green and a developing Bradley, the C's could have a potentially well-rounded, athletic second unit that is not only productive, but relatively inexpensive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

He'll have a much bigger role.  Former NBA players are usually the #1 or 2 option on European league teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Cardinal,
    I watched this season like you and wondered the same thing, why they never ran plays for Wafer. Going to the basket he was as a strong a player as they had and defensively he had the ability to stay with very quick players.  Doc never used him enough and the answer is a mystery as far as I am concerned.

Ray played way too many minutes and it made him less effective because of it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Wafer to get bigger role?:
    [QUOTE]Hey Mitch where are you from exactly? On topic: I believe he's worth keeping. Young, atheletic, knows our system.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]
    Hey srivinasa, I'm from Belgium small country all the way in Europe. However i'm a proud celtic fan... and i am not the only belgian to be one! Although the most of them are Heat or Laker bandwagon fans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from richardkc. Show richardkc's posts

[QUOTE]I thought he should have played more in the playoffs this year. I like him at the two better than an injured Delonte West.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

yeah i agree..not only in the playoffs he should have played more during the regular season .. a good shooter and have some moves driving inside .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]I thought he should have played more in the playoffs this year. I like him at the two better than an injured Delonte West.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]  ditto

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Wafer can probably command a higher salary from a European team. If he's willing to accept the same salary he received last season, then DA should definitely re-sign him. Given more playing time, Wafer's confidence and shot selection will definitely improve.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wafer to get bigger role? : Hey srivinasa, I'm from Belgium small country all the way in Europe. However i'm a proud celtic fan... and i am not the only belgian to be one! Although the most of them are Heat or Laker bandwagon fans.
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

I figured you're from Belgium Cool, but where exactly in Belgium?
    I'm a belgian too (as long as the country still exists that is Wink ); 
    spreek je nederlands or tu parles le français? How did you fall in love with the Celtics?
    I'm from Kortrijk, West-Vlaanderen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wafer to get bigger role? : I figured you're from Belgium  , but where exactly in Belgium? I'm a belgian too (as long as the country still exists that is   );  spreek je nederlands or tu parles le français? How did you fall in love with the Celtics? I'm from Kortrijk, West-Vlaanderen.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]
    I've sent you a message

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]Wafer can probably command a higher salary from a European team. If he's willing to accept the same salary he received last season, then DA should definitely re-sign him. Given more playing time, Wafer's confidence and shot selection will definitely improve.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]
    Wafer really wants a shot in the nba, so unless the lockout he won't go overseas I think.  I surely hope he'll be resigned. I think you're right bout the shot selection... but overall i think his shots were ok. I do think his defense could greatly improve if he  would stay with the group. He could be the most athletic celtic on the roster and that wouldn't be bad...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

wafer was one of very few celtics that could get to the rim. i also thought he was under-utilized. the same could be said about other players that got lost on the bench. then again, that's doc's M.O.

Sections
Shortcuts