Wait Until Trade Deadline

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

Wait Until Trade Deadline

I think it's best if Ainge waits until the trade deadline to go after Kevin Love. 

That will allow everybody to see if Sully, Oly, AB, Smart, and Young could be the long term solution.

Who knows, maybe it will be the Celtics declining the Wolves offer of Kevin Love after seeing Sully, Oly, AB, Smart, and Young can become future stars.

And the Wolves will be desperate by that time because the Wolves end up getting nothing if they can't trade Love at the trade deadline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Wait Until Trade Deadline

In response to MajorMajor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's best if Ainge waits until the trade deadline to go after Kevin Love. 

That will allow everybody to see if Sully, Oly, AB, Smart, and Young could be the long term solution.

Who knows, maybe it will be the Celtics declining the Wolves offer of Kevin Love after seeing Sully, Oly, AB, Smart, and Young can become future stars.

And the Wolves will be desperate by that time because the Wolves end up getting nothing if they can't trade Love at the trade deadline.

[/QUOTE]

K. Love will have all the power at the trade deadline - if he does not like the team Flip is trying to trade him too - his agent will simply tell that team - no long term deal, i.e. 2-month rental! 

Flip will get pennies on the dollar!

Not opposed to letting the kids play either - I would be happy with plan A or B! DA will sort it out!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

K. Love will have all the power at the trade deadline - if he does not like the team Flip is trying to trade him too - his agent will simply tell that team - no long term deal, i.e. 2-month rental! 

Not opposed to letting the kids play either - I would be happy with plan A or B! DA will sort it out!

Kevin Love already visited Boston last month.

Love already hinted he will play for the Celtics.

So Love signing long term with the Celts is not an issue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kevin Love already visited Boston last month.

Love already hinted he will play for the Celtics.

So Love signing long term with the Celts is not an issue.

[/QUOTE]

The point I am attempting to make is: Waiting to move K. Love at the trade deadline is not good business for the Wolves - even the Cs will be able to decrease their offer!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

The point I am attempting to make is: Waiting to move K. Love at the trade deadline is not good business for the Wolves - even the Cs will be able to decrease their offer!

But right now the Wolves refuse to deal with the Celtics.

If the Wolves really want to trade with the Celts, Love would have been a Celtic the moment the Warriors refused to include Klay Thompson in the deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the Wolves really want to trade with the Celts, Love would have been a Celtic the moment the Warriors refused to include Klay Thompson in the deal.

[/QUOTE]

Flip thinks GSW will cave - AND as usual Flip will be wrong! Hence - why the Wolves continue to be the Wolves!

If the Wolves had made the trade with the Cs - they would have Sully, Smart, and Young on their roster right now! Let's see if Flip can beat that! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He who waits to the last minute will end up with the bottom of the barrel . Want some scraps, ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

He who waits to the last minute will end up with the bottom of the barrel . Want some scraps, ?

Very few teams can match what the Celtics have to offer.

The Celts have a lot of assets.

And there are only a handful of places where Kevin Love will sign long term.

Remember, Love said he doesn't want to go to Cleveland when there were rumors about the Cavs trading the #1 pick for Love.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

What a waste if the Celts end up losing both Oly and Sully and both of them become All-Stars.

My preference is to pass on Kevin Love and keep Oly and Sully.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

How did waiting on Asik go? if We want him we need to get him as soon as possible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

How did waiting on Asik go? if We want him we need to get him as soon as possible.

Celts keep asking the Wolves for Love.

Wolves keep turning down the Celtics.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

What a waste if the Celts end up losing both Oly and Sully and both of them become All-Stars.

My preference is to pass on Kevin Love and keep Oly and Sully.

[/QUOTE]  Something tells me the Wolves are more interested in getting KO than they are Sully.  I hope i'm wrong on that one.  I'd really like to see the Celtics keep KO. You can tell by the way he looks that he has been working hard this off season, not so sure with Sully.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In order for the Celtics to make a move on Love at the deadline they have to be in the thick of the playoff race (they could be) AND the young kids have to really make a 'jump' and show they could be future all-stars like the jump Al Jefferson made between 2006 (8 points and 5 rebounds) and 2007 (16 points and 11 rebounds). 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In order for the Celtics to make a move on Love at the deadline they have to be in the thick of the playoff race (they could be) AND the young kids have to really make a 'jump' and show they could be future all-stars like the jump Al Jefferson made between 2006 (8 points and 5 rebounds) and 2007 (16 points and 11 rebounds). 

[/QUOTE]

If that happens then it will be the Celtics who will refuse to deal with the Wolves.

Kevin Love is not a franchise player like Lebron or Durant.

Celts would still need to find that #1 option if they have Rondo and Love.

That's why I think it's best to pass on Love.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I would also pass.  If you're the real MajorMajor, you must be really old

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If that happens then it will be the Celtics who will refuse to deal with the Wolves.

Kevin Love is not a franchise player like Lebron or Durant.

Celts would still need to find that #1 option if they have Rondo and Love.

That's why I think it's best to pass on Love.

[/QUOTE]

I kind of agree with this. I really like Olynyk's unique skill set as a big man. Its hard to watch him and not wonder if he can be something of a Dirk Nowitski type player...and idk about you guys but I think Sullinger is an absolute stud.

I like Kevin Love but wont be devastated if we don't get him, tho that would likely lead to the departure of Rondo.

It will be very interesting to see which player is more appealing to teams, Sullinger, the rebounding machine who has decent offense as well, Or Olynyk, a passing big man who can shoot the long ball. I am still trying to decide which iii prefer. Good problem to have.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I kind of agree with this. I really like Olynyk's unique skill set as a big man. Its hard to watch him and not wonder if he can be something of a Dirk Nowitski type player...and idk about you guys but I think Sullinger is an absolute stud.

I like Kevin Love but wont be devastated if we don't get him, tho that would likely lead to the departure of Rondo.

It will be very interesting to see which player is more appealing to teams, Sullinger, the rebounding machine who has decent offense as well, Or Olynyk, a passing big man who can shoot the long ball. I am still trying to decide which iii prefer. Good problem to have.

[/QUOTE]

I will be willing to take that chance.  I expect the Celts to be much better this year.  After all, they have two young and talented players to the roster.  Sully and Olly will have one more year under their belt.  Rondo will be stronger after his surgery last year.  As these guys improve, Rondo will see what he can have here.  The only real risk is Smart and Rondo not meshing together.  Otherwise there is a real good chance of retaining Rondo.  It might take a max contract.  But so be it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's just a lonely, immature bully who has made this forum his whole life to the point that it's an addiction he can't quit even when banned countless times and even when it's made clear to him he is disliked and not wanted here by the vast majority.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I will be willing to take that chance.  I expect the Celts to be much better this year.  After all, they have two young and talented players to the roster.  Sully and Olly will have one more year under their belt.  Rondo will be stronger after his surgery last year.  As these guys improve, Rondo will see what he can have here.  The only real risk is Smart and Rondo not meshing together.  Otherwise there is a real good chance of retaining Rondo.  It might take a max contract.  But so be it.

[/QUOTE]

+1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's just a lonely, immature bully who has made this forum his whole life to the point that it's an addiction he can't quit even when banned countless times and even when it's made clear to him he is disliked and not wanted here by the vast majority.

[/QUOTE]

I leave the forums for a few months and come back to this...it seems like everyone does more bashing and trashing then actual basketball discussions these days...Me and Fierce have had our problems but Ive learned its rather easy to ignore someone, you don't HAVE to engage.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I leave the forums for a few months and come back to this...it seems like everyone does more bashing and trashing then actual basketball discussions these days...Me and Fierce have had our problems but Ive learned its rather easy to ignore someone, you don't HAVE to engage.

[/QUOTE]

Good post. 

Sections
Shortcuts