Waiver wire here we come...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Waiver wire here we come...

In response to R9R's comment:

no he owed it to pierce and kg to swing our pick and a guard for a servicable 4 or 5. i dont see why he couldnt have gotten hickson, mozgov, maybe dalembert or maybe gortat. portland wanted a pick hickson wanted out ... everyone is saying the draft is weak so why not get that extra piece?

+1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to CelticFanLA's comment:

no he owed it to pierce and kg to swing our pick and a guard for a servicable 4 or 5. i dont see why he couldnt have gotten hickson, mozgov, maybe dalembert or maybe gortat. portland wanted a pick hickson wanted out ... everyone is saying the draft is weak so why not get that extra piece?

+1

+1 He also owed it to the fans and season ticket holders to attempt to fill the void at the C/PF position! DA did not have a good day at the office! 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to DFURY-13's comment:

What's expected though is Sullingers role would increase and if Crawford pans out you could package Bass and Terry or Lee for a guy who KG could help Groom. Why does it necessarily mean KG has to be moved to help our future? That was my point.

KG had value this year! He likely will not have the same value next year, if he decides to play. The C's could have gotten a good young player, and possibly a draft pick, for KG today, versus nothing in return (other than cap space) if he retires this summer! 

If we had a shot at the a Finals, I would say go all in! But realistically with all of the injuries this team has had making it to the ECF is doubtful

The NBA is a business first and foremost! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

I agree, that would have been another option. I mentioned on several posts that DA should have been on the phone talking to Utah to get Big Al. That would have been the ultimate get.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

You just have to think there's some plan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I agree, that would have been another option. I mentioned on several posts that DA should have been on the phone talking to Utah to get Big Al. That would have been the ultimate get.

Don't forget that getting Big Al would cost the Celts 15m in salaries. Jeff Green and Bass for Big Al?

Letting Green go would be a mistake because no one would be able to defend Lebron or Carmelo. Right now uncle Jeff is the Celts' best perimeter defender.

True, Green is the best defender we can throw at Lebron, but we have to get by Indiana and NY first. Big Al would have helped there, but oh well.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

Jermaine O'neil is likely to be bought out. Can't see bringing him back though, but he was having a solid season.

PPGRPGBLKPGPER 7.2 4.9 1.3

in 17 minutes a game. I think he is far more likely to end up with the Heat. 

I would take Jermaine in a heartbeat although I heard the Knicks were interested.  Look, he is way better than Collins in every aspect.  He is offensively better than we saw and I think he wasnt that happy because they never gave him looks... anyway, if its doable the Cs should pull that trigger.

He is way better than Collins if he can stay on the court. If he breaks a nail he goes on the DNP list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Big big big big big big; Bill Russell; 6'9 11( 1 while coaching) rings Dave Cowens 6'8 3 rings. Those 2 guys vs Wilt and Kareem 14-2. Shaq didn't win squat until they made charging legal inside a made for Shaq circle,even then only won with a superior swingman Kobe or Wade. Shaq 7'1 w/o superior wing help went the finals once and was swept by a 6'10 C and superior swingman Big shmig. Red knew the score you keep the pituitary freaks in between the FT lines up and down,make them score every point and shut down all even matchups and you win.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

There is no plan. 

Getting players in the waiver wire will not make the Celtics an elite team.

The only plan is to make the playoffs for the last time so that the owners can cash in. It's all about money!

That is it the owners had a say so and kept things as they were. That win streak stopped any moves.  Still our desire over many months for some help for KG was shockingly ignored. To see Doc and DA talk around it tells you of the owners greed and potential to sell is there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to cole-ely's comment:

There is no plan. 

Getting players in the waiver wire will not make the Celtics an elite team.

The only plan is to make the playoffs for the last time so that the owners can cash in. It's all about money!

That is it the owners had a say so and kept things as they were. That win streak stopped any moves.  Still our desire over many months for some help for KG was shockingly ignored. To see Doc and DA talk around it tells you of the owners greed and potential to sell is there.

The win streak was the worst thing that could have happened.  So many people around here actually started talking like this team had a shot at going all the way.

It doesn't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think the rest of the season will be a lot more fun now that we get to watch KG and Pierce in the playoffs.

If you want a big man - play Fab Melo.

Greg Kite got playing time and no one freaked out about that, back in the day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

I think the rest of the season will be a lot more fun now that we get to watch KG and Pierce in the playoffs.

Kite had electric stuff...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I am not encouraged by the waiver wire route, and I cannot believe that a slighty-better-than-average big man could not be found via trade to shore up the front court.  If they're in it for this year then act like you are and give up a little something to make this a legit playoff push.  Not saying it would have made all the difference if they got a Gortat or Mozgov, but they need someone to take some minutes at 4/5.  Maybe Melo surprises in 8-10 minutes a game, but I'm not counting on it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

The lack of bigs on this team must only mean one thing. Danny thinks this team can play old school small ball like the celtics of yesteryears but the problem is as much as KG is like Bill Russel, he cant rebound like he once did, making it hard to run all the time and he doesnt block shots like he used to and was never Bill Russel in that regard. I am just surprised they couldnt do anything to get some sort of big in here to help.  I am not saying there are many players I wanted to see gone but I def. wouldnt have shed a tear had Bass or Terry left. I do like Terry but not if we arent going far in the playoffs. This was a good time to get some peices for the future and to me, Bass was a hump this year after getting his money and I dont wanna see too many more years of him. Maybe there was no interest but take what u can get. Someone could use his shooting. How many servicable big men are sitting at the end of a teams bench that would be a major player here??  ALOT!  Crawford is ok but Doc doesnt sound like he likes it so how do u trade for a player without consulting the coach??  I dont get it. Very dissapointed but as long as KG and PP are here, I will support my C's

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

LMAO..Greg Kite!!

maybe Melo will  find him and get some help on how to FOUL!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Well played!

On a side note:  Greg Kite was a McDonald's all-american.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Well played!

On a side note:  Greg Kite was a McDonald's all-american.

Kite wasn't all that bad.  he would get 15 minutes a night on this years team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

You don't know that for sure. The heat need rebounding as well and didn't get him. Likely the Spurs asking price was high. 

Even Blair would have been an upgrade! The Spurs were trying to give him away before the deadline! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Don't forget that getting Big Al would cost the Celts 15m in salaries. Jeff Green and Bass for Big Al?

Letting Green go would be a mistake because no one would be able to defend Lebron or Carmelo. Right now uncle Jeff is the Celts' best perimeter defender.

True, Green is the best defender we can throw at Lebron, but we have to get by Indiana and NY first. Big Al would have helped there, but oh well.

DA Should've sent RR to PHX for Gortat and a #1. Great for both. I don't get it.

Sections
Shortcuts