Wallace or Oneil??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Wallace or Oneil??

If Rasheed or Jermain get released, should Danny kick the tires??

Do we want to go this route for a chance to get tougher inside.

They are both probably better than Collins..

Hopefully Dj White makes this an easy decision...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Wallace or Oneil??

If Rasheed was healthy why would the Knicks release him?  If I remember correctly he was contributing this season but was injured a good part of the season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I never like the concept of experimenting twice when the first test failed miserably

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

O'neal isn't going to go for a buyout.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

J O'neil didn't do a thing for the Celtics. either one of them for that matter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

Jermaine does anyone remember that guy. Never.   Rasheed won't be back this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

JON did nothing for us.   However, while Wallace drove us crazy during the regular season, he was huge on D in the playoffs.  He was also unstoppable down low and was our best postup man - something we are sorely missing right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

JON is a quitter, a loser. Do not bring him back if only to ensure that he doesn't get a ring in the off chance we will the big prize!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

no and no. Sheed thinks he has found his inner Ray Allen all he wants to do is shoot threes all day. Jermaine is old, slow and injury prone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Pass and pass. I would rather sign Warrick

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Neither but with a gun to my head I'd take JON only because he's a big body under the basket and although not a prolific rebounder can box out people. Sheed played great "D" in game 7 vs hated Lakers and truly would have  been a hero had we won the title after Perk went out. 41-18 foul shots & 21 just in the 4th qtr was too much to overcome.

But Sheed during the year seemed more interested in competing with PP and Ray Allen tossing up "3s" than being in the post. He really was not a basher & a terrific rebounder for his height. Yup, I know, these days we'd be happy with 8-10 rebs but I'd rather find someone else more motivated to mix it up.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Pass and pass. I would rather sign Warrick

Seconded!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Well, sounds unanimous..but just get the feeling if Oneil is available, Danny may be tempted..

I would rather have 3 of the 6-10 guys that can run too..I think that's our new mojo..

But maybe should have at least one of the 7ftr dinosarous...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

JON did nothing for us.   However, while Wallace drove us crazy during the regular season, he was huge on D in the playoffs.  He was also unstoppable down low and was our best postup man - something we are sorely missing right now.

Agree with you about Rasheed.  He really helped the Celtics in the playoffs.  Many Celtics fans never liked him but I always thought that if he hadn't retired he could have helped us for another year. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Well, sounds unanimous..but just get the feeling if Oneil is available, Danny may be tempted..

I would rather have 3 of the 6-10 guys that can run too..I think that's our new mojo..

He isn't.  That is what I was saying. He doesn't want a buyout.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

This feeling is based on what????????????? Any credible sources out there with DA talking about Sheed or JON?  More than likely neither is on the radar and not worth picking up the phone to inquire.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Neither one can move fast enough to stop anyone under the age of 40.

Sometimes they can shoot, and play offense, but they are both done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

This feeling is based on what????????????? Any credible sources out there with DA talking about Sheed or JON?  More than likely neither is on the radar and not worth picking up the phone to inquire.

Speed trumps... big.  Fast  6'10" athletes will run the heavy footed 7 footers into the ground. Occasionally on the post size matters, but not often..If they, "bigs" get to the offense early this may not be true. That's why AB is so important. Hope he can contain Curry! I am confident that he can. Lee is also a valuable commodity.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

No sources yet...just wondering IF we would be interested in case he gets released..
    That's all...not entirely sure who is going to get released at this point..and since we let collins go, maybe Jon or Hollins might be availabe ....Thats what we got last year...not sure if we can do better...actually Hollins did a credible job for us in the playoffs..considering no AB or Green..

we put up a decent fight...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

If Rasheed was healthy why would the Knicks release him?  If I remember correctly he was contributing this season but was injured a good part of the season. 

to the contrary they were in the press a day or two ago saying they would not release him.  he has a broken bone in his foot and is not healthy but there is some chance he might be back in time for the playoffs. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

I never like the concept of experimenting twice when the first test failed miserably

see the othere thread re: jerLame o'neal.  he was pre-destined to fail when crock blithers, "head coach' decided that o'neal woudl get ZERO looks on the offensive end in practice or scrimmage = the kiss of death for a 33-34 y/o guy who has been playing 16 years and WAS a decent offensive player- that's the one point in time you never just say "ok, we're going to let your game atrophy completely and then we won't blame you when you airball 6-8 foot bunnies in real games"

stupid.  i could not believe my eyes when i read the article on boston.com last fall about o'neal feeling like "he didn't give it his all" in boston.  then within a month of that we read that brandone bass is banned from all post ups and there goes that player.  at least doc is consistent.  big man darko milicic was banned from playing any and all minutes for the team in the regular season too.  take big man not named KG and screw up their minds and run 'em out of town.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

No sources yet...just wondering IF we would be interested in case he gets released..
    That's all...not entirely sure who is going to get released at this point..and since we let collins go, maybe Jon or Hollins might be availabe ....Thats what we got last year...not sure if we can do better...actually Hollins did a credible job for us in the playoffs..considering no AB or Green..

It's too late now. Anyone that isn't on the roster by March ! can't play in the playoffs. This is the team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

It's too late now. Anyone that isn't on the roster by March ! can't play in the playoffs. This is the team.

So whats' the point of ten day contracts?? If we release them, and sign some one else, they cant play in the playoffs???