Warriors after Howard - WOULD rent him.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Warriors after Howard - WOULD rent him.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArC3ayJKfSh5F7uNoeihD4k5nYcB?slug=aw-wojnarowski_dwight_howard_warriors_010512

So, mtrax, is my opinion still WRONG?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Re: Warriors after Howard - WOULD rent him.....

Red, not sure what your question to me means.
    Just because GS wants him doesn't mean that he wants to go there or that Orlando would even consider trading him to GS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Warriors after Howard - WOULD rent him.....:
    [QUOTE]Red, not sure what your question to me means. Just because GS wants him doesn't mean that he wants to go there or that Orlando would even consider trading him to GS.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

OMG  - he doesn't have a choice - did you even read the article?  It says they would include Curry or Ellis, rent him for the year, and try to sell him on the area.  IF you read, you would also see NJ is still his first choice, but he is wavering on other teams.  My point is - no matter where he goes (OR STAYS), he will sign with that team rather than losing 25 million dollars!!

I know you think you know more about basketball than I do ( highly doubtful, btw), but I'm going to tell you something that you are apparently unaware of:

DWIGHT HOWARD IS NOT A FREE AGENT!!!!!  Therefore, it is completly irrelevant where he wants to play....NEXT year he is free to sign with whomever he chooses, and all it will cost him is 25 mill dollars!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Red, we all know he doesn't have a choice but he can tell the team that he won't re-sign with them.
    The difference is not $25m.
    4/76 and 5/101 seems like 25 but when that 4 year contract is over, he will probably make $20-$21m that 5th season anyway, so really the difference is about $4m.
    That 5th year is not guaranteed (career ending injury) so that is a chance he would have to take.
    The marketing opprotunities in Brooklyn or LA would probably be larger then they are playing for GS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Warriors after Howard - WOULD rent him.....:
    [QUOTE]Red, we all know he doesn't have a choice but he can tell the team that he won't re-sign with them. The difference is not $25m. 4/76 and 5/101 seems like 25 but when that 4 year contract is over, he will probably make $20-$21m that 5th season anyway, so really the difference is about $4m. That 5th year is not guaranteed (career ending injury) so that is a chance he would have to take. The marketing opprotunities in Brooklyn or LA would probably be larger then they are playing for GS.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

Not so fast - YOU never said Brooklyn - no pulling a fast one.  I'M the one who said NJ  - you've only said LAL!!!  The fact you're now adding another team is proof that my argument has at least SOME merit.

OR - he could get injured in the third year, not be the player he once was (Tracy McGrady) and struggle to make MLE that 5th year!!
    You're making it too convenient - it's 5 yrs 101 mill vs 4 and 76 - those are facts!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Red, I think we agree that as of right now NJ and LAL are the front runners for Dwight.

You have very legitimate arguments and express them quite well.

LeBron and Bosh were willing to take less by walking away from their teams.
    They wound up not having to take less because Cleveland and Toronto turned them into sign and trades and received draft picks from Miami.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Why engage mtrax?

he is a Laker fan troll who is constantly wrong and constantly starting fights

Sections
Shortcuts