Warriors want to move Lee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Warriors want to move Lee

Keep an eye out on the market for Lee. The rumor is the Warriors are lowering their asking price for him, and that the Magic may be a good destination. Both Bass and Humphries are similar players, and the market for Lee could help to shape the market for them. Lee is also making 15 mil as opposed to whatever Humphries can get and Bass at just under 7 mil.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Re: Warriors want to move Lee

I think Hump is too similar to Lee. If they wanted that player they'd just keep Lee...they're looking for more of a stretch 4 to replace him. Now, I don't know if that's a great idea, especially with Bogut's injury issues...but they should throw as many first round picks as needed and Lee to try to pull in Love if that's what they're looking for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

But the reason I bring up Lee is that he, Hump and Bass are similar players, but Lee is the most expensive. Once the trades for Lee line up, Danny swoops in with a cheaper solution.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

They may be looking for a team to give them a more appealing contract and a #1 pick for Lee, so they can swap that package out and into a deal for Love. 

I don't see how Lee helps the Celtics. He helps make us a 1st rd playoff team, but not the 2nd round/East Finals team Love makes us.

Would I  get involved in this 3 team trade?

To Boston - David Lee and Corey Brewer (20m)

To Golden State - Kevin Love and Kevin Martin (22.5m)

To Minnesota - Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Gerald Wallace, Brandon Bass, Keith Bogans, Boston's #1 pick in 2015 (top 3 protected) and Golden State's #1 picks in 2016 and 2018 (unprotected).

I guess so.

Minny saves 10 million next year (Bogans 5.3m is not on the books) and then they probably sign Thompson and Green for around the same 16.5m Love was supposed to make and have those two players long-term at the same max cost as Love would have been, if he even wanted to stay. Then they have 3 picks. 1 year and 10m of Wallace is better than the almost 20 Martin and Brewer would still have been owed.

But the C's, even if they then add Asik. Are still just a middle of the run team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

C - Bogut, Ezeli

PF - Love, Speights/Barnes

SF - Barnes, Iggy

SG - Iggy, Martin

PG - Curry, Crawford(?)

Wildcard - Jermaine O'Neal and whoever signs for the MLE

Now that team in Golden State run by Kerr would be pretty fantastic. A nine man rotation to die for if I do say so myself as long as everyone is healthy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

That would be a pretty good deal for both the Warriors and Wolves, but why would you give up a #1 for Lee and Brewer? Giving away a #1 is not worth it to just get rid of Wallace.