Was it a timeout or jump ball?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Was it a timeout or jump ball?

Donny Marshall says the KG end of game timeout should have been a jump ball.

I say that 40% of those plays go to a jump, 40% get you a timeout and 20% of the time someone is too aggressive in a scramble and its a foul.

A few minutes earlier an aggressive Bill Walker fell on the head of KG, who was trying to call a timeout, and the refs made it a jump.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Was it a timeout or jump ball?

So the end of the game call certainly evened everything out in the end. (As far as jump-ball/TO situations ONLY)

The overall officiating was awful and if you evened that out Celts would have won by 10.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If you evened out the rebounding disaster (that was the players fault), say 48-42 NY instead of 53-37... we also win by 10.

If you had KG, Green and Pierce make 4-5 more of the 26 shots they missed then we win by 10.

So basically if we rebound slightly better, have three great scorers make 20% of the shots they missed and get a fairly officiated game, Celts win by 25-30 points and big 4 rest last 6 mins of 4th quarter.

Ah well

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Donny was not there, so his opinion is his opinion. He also said that the Celtics were not a championship contender, again, his opinion.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Was it a timeout or jump ball?:
    Donny was not there, so his opinion is his opinion. He also said that the Celtics were not a championship contender, again, his opinion.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

I share his opinion on the contender part... if we keep playing like we did these 2 games.

I dunno... Celts came together 2nd half of game 1 vs, miami last year, similar situation, down by 14, etc. Then (w/o KG) BLEW them away in game 2 and won in 5.

We should have destroyed the Knicks tonight. I was expecting the same thing. Blowout w/ no billups (not even thinking there would be an amare back spasms gift) and then go on to win in 5.

The refs seem intent on making it go 7. We need at play A LOT better to get the one game we need in NY.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It was a jump ball, but the ref missed it. Great play by KG. He is a clutch defensive player.
    Posted by Kirk6

So was the jump 5 mins earlier correctly called or should it have been a foul?

KG fell on the floor and had the ball clearly wrapped up... I can understand if the refs did not see him calling a timeout b/c his back shielded them... but then walker runs over, falls butt first onto KG's face, and gets one hand on the ball KG had for several seconds before the refs can see what is going on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Either way, I have to admit, I hate that rule. Shouldn't be allowed to call a timeout in that situation, or when you're trapped in the corner, whatever. Does Tom Brady get to call timeout when he's about to get sacked?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Was it a timeout or jump ball? : In the Center position where do you rate Davis? Don't tell us he is any higher than 4th ahead of Shaq, JON, and Perk before the trade. If you think any differently then you should be touring with Charlie Sheen or better yet, Willie Nelson. He's got game just like you!
    Posted by Mployee8

So did you call him our 4th string Center and 2nd string PF?

He is clearly our 2nd string at both positions RIGHT NOW, and will be 3rd string, 2nd string when Shaq returns.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

You may be right, however, the play-offs are all about adjustments. Certainly our bench situation has to change, or be shortened. In addition, Melo can't be allowed to score and rebound the way that he did. If Pierce can't handle him then Doc will have to use someone else.

In Minnesota, KG used to do a great job on Melo when playing against the Nuggets. If Amare doesn't play, maybe he should play Melo, as KG suggested during the game.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What are you some stalker ... what's your point? If you disagree with me so be it ... move on man. I can repost hundreds of outlandish posts you've made. What are you attempting to prove, that you are smarter than me based on my opinion verses your when it comes to BBD? By now you should realize that there is most likely a 50-50 split on this board when it comes to BBD's play and significance to the C's both now and in the future. So have some respect for the opinion of others and stop trying to discredit those that oppose your futile arguments and ridiculous prognostications like tonight's that the C's would blow out the Knicks and it wouldn't be close. How bout eating those words ... stomach irritable?
    Posted by Mployee8

Big Baby is a useful 6th or 7th man. He is a 2nd string PF and 3rd string C.

Anyone who hates on a hard-working contributor to a Celtic champion and long playoffs run teams is not a good fan of the Green.  anyone who wnats to pay him 7+ million after this year, start him big mins, etc, doesn't know good value in the league.

I am on the record as saying I would rather pay Tolliver 3 million to play 20 mins than Baby 8 million to play 32. But at 5 million per year for 24-28 mins off the bench (20 as backup 2nd string PF) I will take Baby over Tolliver anyday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Saying he is 4th string with no real explanation beyond that, amidst a history of disrespecting his contributions, is silly and annoying. But so is stalking and repeatedly yelling about something months old during a playoff run.

What matters is that Baby best play better. He is our 2nd stringer at both frontcourt positions right now, and we need a lot more than 4p 6r outings where he isn't confident in his 16 footer and lets the likes of Turiaf/Jeffries rip past him and over him for layups and boards.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Either way it would have ended up a win.  Moot point.

PA

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

On the replay... with the ref getting into position he noticed and acknowledged Rondo signalling for a time out... then he looked at KG for possession.. At that point he awarded the C's the time out.

Looks to me Rondo made the play of calling the time out, not KG, before the ref even looked who had the ball.

Gotta give Rondo the credit here, might have saved the game

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

who cares, like the last game ny was complaining about the kg "foul" at the end... all kg did was stand there, the player flopped. good no call. this one too ny fans will complain about. when ny was getting all the calls the whole game........ who cares what the refs called at the end. we won and are now up 2-0. and don't give me it could have been the other way around. well it wasn't and we are up 2-0.

Sections
Shortcuts