Was it a timeout or jump ball?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Re: Was it a timeout or jump ball?

Donny was not there, so his opinion is his opinion. He also said that the Celtics were not a championship contender, again, his opinion.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Either way, I have to admit, I hate that rule. Shouldn't be allowed to call a timeout in that situation, or when you're trapped in the corner, whatever. Does Tom Brady get to call timeout when he's about to get sacked?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

You may be right, however, the play-offs are all about adjustments. Certainly our bench situation has to change, or be shortened. In addition, Melo can't be allowed to score and rebound the way that he did. If Pierce can't handle him then Doc will have to use someone else.

In Minnesota, KG used to do a great job on Melo when playing against the Nuggets. If Amare doesn't play, maybe he should play Melo, as KG suggested during the game.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Either way it would have ended up a win.  Moot point.

PA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

On the replay... with the ref getting into position he noticed and acknowledged Rondo signalling for a time out... then he looked at KG for possession.. At that point he awarded the C's the time out.

Looks to me Rondo made the play of calling the time out, not KG, before the ref even looked who had the ball.

Gotta give Rondo the credit here, might have saved the game

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

who cares, like the last game ny was complaining about the kg "foul" at the end... all kg did was stand there, the player flopped. good no call. this one too ny fans will complain about. when ny was getting all the calls the whole game........ who cares what the refs called at the end. we won and are now up 2-0. and don't give me it could have been the other way around. well it wasn't and we are up 2-0.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I watched the replay over and over. Jeffries never tied the ball up.  KG had control of the ball the whole time and the Knicks had stopped play as if a timeout was called. Jeffries should have  tried to get his hands on the ball. My guess is KG could have made an attempt to pass it if he had not thought a timeout was called.  It was on the Knicks they screwed up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Jeffries didn't really get to the ball. KG protected it pretty well.

Sections
Shortcuts