Was tonite's loss the straw that broke the camel's back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Was tonite's loss the straw that broke the camel's back?

Some have posted how  with the  C's playing so poorly, we would be getting poor value any players DA tries to trade.

I don't see how DA can do nothing at this point.

Whether the trade is to help the C's refocus and regroup for this season or to acknowledge however long the plan was (3 yr, 4 yr, 5 yr, etc), it's over and it's time to turn the page, I think it happens now.

Do you think tonite's loss will finally start up the trade machine?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Was tonite's loss the straw that broke the camel's back?

I am so down about the loss for some reason.  I hoped what we saw in the six game win streak was the team picking up from last year.  Trades would be potentially helpful, but I just don't see what we have to offer teams with some of value we need.  Would you want Bass, Terry, Green or even Lee at this point and give up some really good player for them?  I don't see it but it does not mean it is impossible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

ITs leadership, Doc has lost it and Rondo never had it to lose

Doc quoted just last night that C's are much better team, "I think that we're a better team than our record..." I like individuals but we're not a team yet."

So who's responsible, whos job is it  to pull it all together??

Doc is the head coach and Rondo is the super high BB IQ Superstar annointed leader of the team. Time to get rid of them both imo..lakers would love the package, maybe we'd have to include some cash to get them to take them from us

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I agree it looks like that Doc's time has come to an end here. Maybe he'll leave on his own.

As for Rondo, it is clear now that he's a very good complementary player who needs the right scoring pieces around him to shine. Now that we don't have the scorers Rondo's shortcoming are glaring. A leader he's not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Doc quoted just last night that C's are much better team, "I think that we're a better team than our record..." I like individuals but we're not a team yet."

Doc is the head coach and Rondo is the super high BB IQ Superstar annointed leader of the team. Time to get rid of them both imo..lakers would love the package, maybe we'd have to include some cash to get them to take them from us

exactly right.  rondo is not a leader- he doesn't try hard on defense ALL the time except for maybe trying some in the playoffs and then he's catch as catch can on offense.

doc is just .....  doc.  he has made more money off of one word- "ubumbtu" than any one person has made in the history of making money off of one word flim flam jobs.  he never exhibited any keen coaching knowledge and the house of cards has been slowly, and now rapidly folding due to our age in the absence of thibodeau.

time for doc to take a nice buyout and go the hell away

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

It's increasingly looking like the 6 game streak was a blip.  Doc's been banging his chest about changes that could be made; guess he ought to include himself in that group too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to docomospur's comment:

It's increasingly looking like the 6 game streak was a blip.  Doc's been banging his chest about changes that could be made; guess he ought to include himself in that group too.

Maybe he did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

i dont think now, and never have thought doc was a good coach.  but the blame for most of this has to go to danny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I think it was significant in that the Cavs have a pretty bad defense and we were not able to put together a successful offense against them. That is not a good sign.

It was also significant in that it put us below 500. That is not a good place to be. I think Ainge will make some sort of change..but I don't see him getting anything significant. I could see Bass or Green going..but you will have to throw something more enticing into the pot to get something back for either of them. If the Celtics remain under 500 Ainge may just be willing to part with a big name.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

+2

You hit the nail on the head.  The trouble with the Celtics begins with Doc and Rondo.

L.A. could use both.  Rondo and Doc for Gasol and Nash.  Karllost as interim coach.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I think it was significant in that the Cavs have a pretty bad defense and we were not able to put together a successful offense against them. That is not a good sign.

It was also significant in that it put us below 500. That is not a good place to be. I think Ainge will make some sort of change..but I don't see him getting anything significant. I could see Bass or Green going..but you will have to throw something more enticing into the pot to get something back for either of them. If the Celtics remain under 500 Ainge may just be willing to part with a big name.

Trading with Bass, Terry, Lee, Wilcox, Barbosa, Melo will just replace our junk with new junk. 

The only players of trade value are:  Rondo, Bradley, Sully and Green. Danny has no choice but to improve this team which will require trading probably two of the them (hopefully Rondo and Green). 

We need a quality Center and quality Scorer or we don't compete.  I hope we start rebuilding for a title next year...now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

the camels back has been broken for awhile now but Danny boy and Doc either chose to look the other way hoping things would get better or nobody wanted any of the players he has to trade.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

exactly right.  rondo is not a leader- he doesn't try hard on defense ALL the time except for maybe trying some in the playoffs and then he's catch as catch can on offense.

doc is just .....  doc.  he has made more money off of one word- "ubumbtu" than any one person has made in the history of making money off of one word flim flam jobs.  he never exhibited any keen coaching knowledge and the house of cards has been slowly, and now rapidly folding due to our age in the absence of thibodeau.

time for doc to take a nice buyout and go the hell away

This is from your insde access to the celtics locker room? o-kay. 

Sections
Shortcuts