Wasted opportunity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Wasted opportunity

Still trying to hold out hopes for a #1 seed, and tonight was a great opportunity with Indiana withstanding Rose's 42 pts.  Bulls won't lose too many more (if any) the rest of the way.

Funny thing is, I can't say that about the C's.  I easily see them losing to the Hornets and Knicks next. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Wasted opportunity

In Response to Wasted opportunity:
    [QUOTE]Still trying to hold out hopes for a #1 seed, and tonight was a great opportunity with Indiana withstanding Rose's 42 pts.  Bulls won't lose too many more (if any) the rest of the way. Funny thing is, I can't say that about the C's.  I easily see them losing to the Hornets and Knicks next. 
    Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

Celtics will beat the Hornets and Knicks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiJere. Show LiJere's posts

Still believe we'll get the #1 seed after tonight's debacle (hahaha).  Let's see we play B2B, at Hornets tomorrow night (normally we win the 1st game), lose the 2nd game big time and blame the schedule.  They had a golden opportunity to pull ahead of the BULLS, but the CELTICS being the CELTICS blew it.  It's just too bad they couldn't keep THIBS, as I believe he was the person responsible for their defensive intensity (just look at the BULLS).  What do you figure, we lose by 30 tomorrow; or does RONDO finally come around and start playing the way he plays when it playoff time??

"OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE YOUNG"

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rico,
    What Celtic fan finds a prediction like that offensive?  So what if the Lakers don't lose thirty?  You still hate them right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Wasted opportunity:
    [QUOTE]Rico, What Celtic fan finds a prediction like that offensive?  So what if the Lakers don't lose thirty?  You still hate them right?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

He doesn't hate the Lakers. In fact he said he has "Laker friends".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hornets are licking their chops as the Celts come in.  Every team that hates the trash talking, formerly physically intimidating C's now wants to just pound us.  C's have a big uphill battle to get back some swagger.   We may see some more bad losses before it gets better.   

We think we can now run and shoot and play great offense with other teams.  NO, we can't.  We are not young enough to do that.  We have abandoned our "defense first" style and until we get it back, we will remain inconsistent - great one day and terrible the next. 

Defense wins championships!!!!  We better learn to play it, again!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Hornets are licking their chops as the Celts come in.  Every team that hates the trash talking, formerly physically intimidating C's now wants to just pound us.  C's have a big uphill battle to get back some swagger.   We may see some more bad losses before it gets better.    We think we can now run and shoot and play great offense with other teams.  NO, we can't.  We are not young enough to do that.  We have abandoned our "defense first" style and until we get it back, we will remain inconsistent - great one day and terrible the next.  Defense wins championships!!!!  We better learn to play it, again!!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

When the Rockets were their normal selves in the the 2nd half they only managed to score 31 points, 19 in the 3rd and 12 in the 4th. It was just one of those nights. 

After both the Bulls and the Celts lost tonight the Celts are still #1 in the NBA in points allowed. Celts only allowing 91.0 ppg while the Bulls are allowing 91.2 ppg.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Wasted opportunity : Celtics will beat the Hornets and Knicks.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

P34 a.k.a. God has spoken!  Everybody take heed!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wasted opportunity : P34 a.k.a. God has spoken!  Everybody take heed!
    Posted by mac1980[/QUOTE]

For the record, you believe the Celts will lose to the Hornets and Knicks? Just for the record, so that we can look back and see if you were right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wasted opportunity : When the Rockets were their normal selves in the the 2nd half they only managed to score 31 points, 19 in the 3rd and 12 in the 4th. It was just one of those nights.  After both the Bulls and the Celts lost tonight the Celts are still #1 in the NBA in points allowed.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

We are number one in points allowed because we were that way for 65% of the season and that's carrying us over.   Add to that a terrible game by Milwaukee and our stats make us look much better than we are actually playing right now.  

Don't let stats fool you.  We have to play better D to get to better O.   Stop some of those points in the first half and we'll get a chance to stop playing catchup ball and taking high pressure shots.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wasted opportunity : When the Rockets were their normal selves in the the 2nd half they only managed to score 31 points, 19 in the 3rd and 12 in the 4th. It was just one of those nights.  After both the Bulls and the Celts lost tonight the Celts are still #1 in the NBA in points allowed. Celts only allowing 91.0 ppg while the Bulls are allowing 91.2 ppg.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    I guess, if that helps you sleep at night, but we're still the #2 seed

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Wasted opportunity : Celtics will beat the Hornets and Knicks.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I don't think that we will win both of these games.  Last night's game was really ugly and I expect that the Celtics will lose tonight.  We may beat the Knicks.
    What is bothering me more than these losses, is all of these losses on the road.  If the current road record is any indication, they won't win many road games during the playoffs.  I hope that I am wrong. 

Sections
Shortcuts