Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me

In Response to Re: Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me : I'm not going to get into the hypotheticals of "where would this team be with that guy", it is a waste of time.  Look no further than the OKC bench, Perkins was so valuable to the Celtics but just doesn't fit in OKC.  Saying Rondo on OKC or Westbrook on Boston is apples and oranges.  You don't like Rondo, fine but still be realistic, he is an all-star and brings things to the table other guys don't.  His lack of a shot is definitely an achilles heel. As I said in an earlier post, for 7 years, in the right situation, I'd take Westbrook too but in these play-offs he has shown he still has a lot of growing to do as a player and that he is not ready to lead a team to the finals, something Rondo has done.
    Posted by Calmy[/QUOTE]

I don't dislike Rondo, what I don't like is that posters have him sitting opposite Jesus at the left hand of the father.  I think he is vastly overrated and I believe that most would just their tune about him if he was playing in Milwaukee for example - people would be saying this guy is overrated - look he is afraid to shoot, can't shoot, blah blah blah but he is a great facilitator too bad he doesn't have 3 hall of famers in MIL like he did in Boston - I wonder why his assists have gone down by half.

The youngest point guard is not ready to lead the youngest team in the league to the finals?  Yeah I guess that makes sense.

Oddly there will be ZERO of the best point guards in the finals, so I am not sure how much any point guard is leading any team to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me : Again.... none of the best point guards will be in the finals.  None of the best ones have been in the finals for many years. p.s. if you think handchecking rules have eliminated handchecking you would not be pontificating about how much you know about basketball.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

So your point is what? Chicago should get rid of Derrick Rose? The Thunder Should dump Westbrook? The Hornets should get rid of Chris Paul?

Btw, none of the teams with the best Centers are in the playoffs either. Does that mean the magic should smile and send Dwight Howard on his way? 

The BEST TEAMS will be in the finals this year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me : I don't dislike Rondo, what I don't like is that posters have him sitting opposite Jesus at the left hand of the father.  I think he is vastly overrated and I believe that most would just their tune about him if he was playing in Milwaukee for example - people would be saying this guy is overrated - look he is afraid to shoot, can't shoot, blah blah blah but he is a great facilitator too bad he doesn't have 3 hall of famers in MIL like he did in Boston - I wonder why his assists have gone down by half. The youngest point guard is not ready to lead the youngest team in the league to the finals?  Yeah I guess that makes sense. Oddly there will be ZERO of the best point guards in the finals, so I am not sure how much any point guard is leading any team to.

Not true. Most posters recognize his strengths and weakness. We have the fastest point guard in the league, a great passer a great decision maker who also gives you about 12 points a game plays terrific defense.

He also can't shoot free throws well, is below average from the midrange and terrible from beyond the arc. Those are the facts.

He is top five point guard however due to his excellence in other areas. He won't be as good as Chris Paul until he shoots better. He is not as strong or durable as Westbrook but he makes better decisions. 

That is being realistic about Rondo. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Lebron James will be in the finals and he is one of the top point guards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me : again about upside. just look at jason kidd and tony parker. within 2 years can see rondo making the same loeap in term s of 3-pointers, mid-range jumper consistency and persistency and FOUL SHOOTING. rondo's upside is far better than westbrook. rondo is already a first team defensive player. westbrook cant stop 78 yo jason kidd or knock his walker down. i dont think rr will rest on his laurels. he can and will get a lot better. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    You are, as always, correct. Love the new pic! grr

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Dudders man crush on Westbrook has now spun into PG's  don't matter ( even if that's the position you play and you have fewer assists than turnovers in a series ) and "at least he tries" when defending poor career jump shooting on 2's and 3's while attempting to use the same attributes as knocks on Rondo. Keep spinning away and fighting the good fight Dudder.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I don't have a mancrush on Westbrook. 

My knocks are Rondo are not some sort of made up nonsense.  Do we watch the same games where the announcers laugh aloud when describing teams not guarding him and talk aloud about how he is afraid to go to the line for fear of missing?  These are truths.  Yes at least Westbrook tries.....  Imagine what kind of mindset it must take to be the point guard of a basketball team and have a personal conscious game plan in your own head that says "ok be aggressive, don't shoot, don't get to the rim, don't get to the line, and after the game ask coach why that rainbow on the floor is painted black - I have never seen a black rainbow".....  Westbrook tries to get to the rim every time he has the ball in his hands, kind of like the league's MVP this year.

Yes and I believe it is apparent that the importance of the point guard poisition is not quite what people suggest it is.  6 Bulls rings - name the point guards, 5 Lakers rings - Fisher, 5 Spurs titles - Parker and some other guys, Houston 2 rings - point guard?.....  those are the teams that make up most of the last 20 titles.......  critically important point guards or dominant bigs and wings?

Miami and Dallas will play for the title - the second oldest player in the league will start at the point for the Mavs and the guy who Rondo was supposed to abuse and who is shooting about 8% in the playoffs will start for Miami.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

[QUOTE] Oddly there will be ZERO of the best point guards in the finals, so I am not sure how much any point guard is leading any team to.

Actually not that odd, when you think about successful teams of the last 15 years.  Phil Jackson Chi/LAL has never had a point guard.  The Heat don't really need one.  The Mavs have one of the best PG's in the league, from 2003.

Someone else said something about Rose being proof that Rondo "doesn't" need his minutes cut.  I'd say the exact opposite.  Rose is proof that when I guy logs too many minutes it means his team is to dependent on him.  So if the Celts can cut Rondo's minutes, that would actually be a good thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me : So your point is what? Chicago should get rid of Derrick Rose? The Thunder Should dump Westbrook? The Hornets should get rid of Chris Paul? Btw, none of the teams with the best Centers are in the playoffs either. Does that mean the magic should smile and send Dwight Howard on his way?  The BEST TEAMS will be in the finals this year. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

So my point is that I hear over and over and over about how the point guard and the center are the two critical positions on the floor.... and what we have seen is that almost nothing could be further from the truth......

I agree, it is about the team but the team over the last 20 years or so has very rarely included what I would call a great point guard.  With the case of the Lakers and Spurs and Rockets they did include what most observers would call the best bigs - Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, Pau... the Pistons one title included both Wallaces, the Cs title had KG of course... when the Bulls were being challenged it was a challenge from Patrick's Knicks and 'zo's Heat.

The best teams will win a title but having a great point guard may just be a sheer coincidence and not the reason a team wins a title.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me : Not true. Most posters recognize his strengths and weakness. We have the fastest point guard in the league, a great passer a great decision maker who also gives you about 12 points a game plays terrific defense. He also can't shoot free throws well, is below average from the midrange and terrible from beyond the arc. Those are the facts. He is top five point guard however due to his excellence in other areas. He won't be as good as Chris Paul until he shoots better. He is not as strong or durable as Westbrook but he makes better decisions.  That is being realistic about Rondo. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Most posters overvalue his strengths and think his weaknesses are afterthoughts.  He is not anywhere near as fast as Rose or Wall or Westbrook for that matter but believe what you want.  He is definitely all that fast when he is standing at the arc and pounding the ball into the floor completely unguarded and afraid to go to the rim for fear that he will have his shot swatted and or have to take a free throw.  He is pretty fast though when he commits two fouls on the same play while making a steal and then waltzing in for a layup.

That is being realistic about Rondo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me : Most posters overvalue his strengths and think his weaknesses are afterthoughts.  He is not anywhere near as fast as Rose or Wall or Westbrook for that matter but believe what you want.  He is definitely all that fast when he is standing at the arc and pounding the ball into the floor completely unguarded and afraid to go to the rim for fear that he will have his shot swatted and or have to take a free throw.  He is pretty fast though when he commits two fouls on the same play while making a steal and then waltzing in for a layup. That is being realistic about Rondo.

Hold on here, on what basis do you say he is not as fast as Rose or Westbrook, because by all accounts he is faster. In fact the only guard mentioned as being as fast as Rondo, is John Wall. Lebron james said Rondo wil go by anybody in the open the court. The man is pure speed, so I wonder what you are basing this claim on? This isn't something you made up or got from a fantasyy league site is it? 

As for the other stuff, you can beleive it if you want. but the point guards job is to get the best shot on any possession. Sure he could drive in and go 1 on 3 like Westbrook or he can drive and kick to ray Allen. Rondo being the smarter point guard almost always makes the right choice. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me : Hold on here, on what basis do you say he is not as fast as Rose or Westbrook, because by all accounts he is faster. In fact the only guard mentioned as being as fast as Rondo, is John Wall. Lebron james said Rondo wil go by anybody in the open the court. The man is pure speed, so I wonder what you are basing this claim on?  As for the other stuff. There is a thing in basketball called and offense. Many teams run it. They have plays and eveyhting. Most of the time they base this radical concept on something caled ball movement. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

On what basis is he not as fast as Rose or Westbrook?  On the basis that he plays in Boston.

Yes there is a thing called offense in the league and drum roll please...... Rondo does not participate in his team's.........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Are you guys kidding me?
    This loss was not about Westbrook (even he doesn't play well in this series).
    Dirks offense as well as Marions and Kidds defense (didn't someone here posted that Kidd could't guard anyone?) on an dissapearing (!) Durant made Dallas' day.
    Imagine Rondo in an offense with Perk, Seafalosha and Ibaka. How many points would OKC score a game? 70? Opponents could literally dribble team Durant EVERY position.

And please don't forget about our last quarter losses within the last month'. No good decision making of Rondo either?

Lets be realistic, Rondo (in current shape and with his shooting ability) is no way a top PG in the league and the Cs cannot live with a "pass-first" PG any longer. Rondo has to improve and do what Kidd did, improve his shooting, period.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me : So my point is that I hear over and over and over about how the point guard and the center are the two critical positions on the floor.... and what we have seen is that almost nothing could be further from the truth...... I agree, it is about the team but the team over the last 20 years or so has very rarely included what I would call a great point guard.  With the case of the Lakers and Spurs and Rockets they did include what most observers would call the best bigs - Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, Pau... the Pistons one title included both Wallaces, the Cs title had KG of course... when the Bulls were being challenged it was a challenge from Patrick's Knicks and 'zo's Heat. The best teams will win a title but having a great point guard may just be a sheer coincidence and not the reason a team wins a title.

The celtics were in the finals last year with one of the best point guards in the league :) The Bulls and thunder are in the ECF and WCF with two terrifc point guards, so obviously it helps. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Are you guys kidding me? This loss was not about Westbrook (even he doesn't play well in this series). Dirks offense as well as Marions and Kidds defense (didn't someone here posted that Kidd could't guard anyone?) on an dissapearing (!) Durant made Dallas' day. Imagine Rondo in an offense with Perk, Seafalosha and Ibaka. How many points would OKC score a game? 70? Opponents could literally dribble team Durant EVERY position. And please don't forget about our last quarter losses within the last month'. No good decision making of Rondo either? Lets be realistic, Rondo (in current shape and with his shooting ability) is no way a top PG in the league and the Cs cannot live with a "pass-first" PG any longer. Rondo has to improve and do what Kidd did, improve his shooting, period.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

1 on 3 is never a good option from your point guard. That is why Westbrook was benched the one game the Thunder won. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Why on earth would Rondo shoot more with 3 future HOF players on the team right now that can put up 20 or more on any given night? 60% of Westbrooks shots  this year were jumshots. That's every time? Again you fail with facts of the matter. The real question is why does Westbrook think he is better than Kevin Durant and play hero ball chucking them out of games even when Durant is on fire in some games? Why is a point guard who has the ball in his hands the most have a pathetic 19 assists and 21 turnovers so far in  a series shooting 35% not realizing...damn I'm shooting like garbage. Maybe I should get my team involved. None of that matters though. Point guards are not important.

Pretty typical..... why on earth would Rondo shoot more with 3 hall of famers?  Because two thirds of the league scored more points than his team did.  Because his coach said that he thought the defense was great but the offense let the team down.

Let me guess - Rondo does not need to score because there is plenty of scoring but with Perk and Rondo one would often hear that "the offense is very sluggish", "the Cs play offense 3 against 5"... blah blah blah.... why does Rondo need to score more?  Because his team's offense is terrible and he is one of the lowest scoring point guards of any of the point guards that most would consider the good point guards.

I think if you could get Doc and the BIG 3 under laughing gas all of them would say that they would be psyched if Rondo could make even a routine jumper and at least make a respectable percentage from the line and occasionally make a dagger 3 to take the pressure off the offense as it currently exists.

Maybe your question should have been why on Mars would Rondo shoot more?  Or maybe your question should have been prefaced with.... given that Rondo is the worst shooter in the league - why on earth would he shoot more? 

But taken on its own - why would Rondo shoot more?  Well that should go without saying?  Let's ask it a little differently...... why is it that every other point guard, better than Rondo or worse than Rondo, view it as part of their job description?  Or why is it that point guards shoot when they don't seem to realize it is not part of their job to participate in the offense?  Or why did Brandon Jennings score 55 (including 7 of 8 from 3) and also record a triple double in a calendar year becoming one of only about 3 players in history to do so?  Why is it that Nash and the actual good point guards in the league participate in their team's offense instead of passing the ball and then hiding in the corner hoping the ball never comes to him?

Why would Rondo shoot more?  Well I can guarantee you this.... if he could, he would.... then he would be like a point guard.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me : Pretty typical..... why on earth would Rondo shoot more with 3 hall of famers?  Because two thirds of the league scored more points than his team did.  Because his coach said that he thought the defense was great but the offense let the team down. Let me guess - Rondo does not need to score because there is plenty of scoring but with Perk and Rondo one would often hear that "the offense is very sluggish", "the Cs play offense 3 against 5"... blah blah blah.... why does Rondo need to score more?  Because his team's offense is terrible and he is one of the lowest scoring point guards of any of the point guards that most would consider the good point guards. I think if you could get Doc and the BIG 3 under laughing gas all of them would say that they would be psyched if Rondo could make even a routine jumper and at least make a respectable percentage from the line and occasionally make a dagger 3 to take the pressure off the offense as it currently exists. Maybe your question should have been why on Mars would Rondo shoot more?  Or maybe your question should have been prefaced with.... given that Rondo is the worst shooter in the league - why on earth would he shoot more?  But taken on its own - why would Rondo shoot more?  Well that should go without saying?  Let's ask it a little differently...... why is it that every other point guard, better than Rondo or worse than Rondo, view it as part of their job description?  Or why is it that point guards shoot when they don't seem to realize it is not part of their job to participate in the offense?  Or why did Brandon Jennings score 55 (including 7 of 8 from 3) and also record a triple double in a calendar year becoming one of only about 3 players in history to do so?  Why is it that Nash and the actual good point guards in the league participate in their team's offense instead of passing the ball and then hiding in the corner hoping the ball never comes to him? Why would Rondo shoot more?  Well I can guarantee you this.... if he could, he would.... then he would be like a point guard.....

This is so beyond silly. Seriously why doesn't he participate in the offense? he has the ball in his hand more than any other player obviously he is participating in the offense. he also score at a rate of about 50% of the time he shoots and he scores 12 points a game or so on a team whose leading scorer is about 18 points a game. The Celtics offense is remarkably efficient the most efficient in the league. The reason scoring is low is because we were last in offensive rebounds.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me : Two thirds of the league scored more the the Celtics? Bravo. You win epic fail post of the year. That might not be because the other teams play a faster pace, shoot lower percentages and play worse defense thus they have more possessions per game of offense. Nah. Couldn't be LOL. They were tied for 5th in the league points per possession. I can't figure out how some teams scored more taking taking up to 10 more shots a game. It's just bafffling.  Fail more.

What it means is that they score less than two thirds of the league and they are at home watching and their point guard avoids shooting, avoids going to the rim, avoids attempting 3s...... and has been said by all of the national press is absolutely laughable in the half court set.......

So if you have a point guard that participates in the offense and actually has a role other than hiding in the corner after passing the ball.... then perhaps you are still winning.......

I love how people just ignore what is actually happening and what the professionals say and make up c rap that supports the worst shooter in the league who happens to cost them a title...... after the playoffs in 2010 Doc says Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us in the playoffs..... Coach K says we cannot afford to have players on the floor that cannot shoot.... in Boston that is somehow construed as Rondo relieving himself from the team to take care of family matters..... wake up people.... he is an embarrassment......  with 3 of the 4 remaining point guards in the playoffs the Cs are still playing and if Rondo is with any of those 3 teams they already went home........  wake up and at least attempt to be objective.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Rondo will continue to stumble along without Perk.  Perk set picks for Rondo to use on offense, and he blocked out opposing players so that Rondo and other Celtics could sneak in and capture rebounds.  Rondo will probably never be more than a fair shooter.  This presents lots of problems for the Celtics, especially towards the end of games. I will be pleasantly surprised if Rondo improves his overall game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Even though he's a shoot first PG and OKC lost, I still think Westbrook has greater upside over Rondo.

-He is 3 years younger than Rondo and only been in the league 2 years
    -Like C. Billups started out, he is only just beginning to learn the PG position
    -Has 2" and almost 20 lbs on RR
    -He's already been selected 2nd Team All-NBA
    -He has a better shot than RR; both FG & FT
    -He's not afraid to take it to the rim and get hit by the Bigs
    -He was statistically the best rebounding PG in the NBA this year 
    -And Coach Van Gundy claims that with a little work Westbrook will be on the All-NBA Defensive team one day 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]Even though he's a shoot first PG and OKC lost, I still think Westbrook has greater upside over Rondo. -He is 3 years younger than Rondo and only been in the league 2 years -Like C. Billups started out, he is only just beginning to learn the PG position -Has 2" and almost 20 lbs on RR -He's already been selected 2nd Team All-NBA -He has a better shot than RR; both FG & FT -He's not afraid to take it to the rim and get hit by the Bigs -He was statistically the best rebounding PG in the NBA this year  -And Coach Van Gundy claims that with a little work Westbrook will be on the All-NBA Defensive team one day 
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

I agree, Westbrook is still young, but the guy can shoot and is not afraid of contact. Give him time to develop. I would not be suprised to see him traded to Orlando for Dwight in a package dea.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Westbrook has been in the league 3 years.
    Rondo averaged nearly a triple double in the playoffs in his 3rd season in the Nba.

How quickly these dullards on this board forget.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]Westbrook has been in the league 3 years. Rondo averaged nearly a triple double in the playoffs in his 3rd season in the Nba.    How quickly these dullards on this board forget.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

No one is forgetting, but we do see the fact that Westbrook can score 30 points a game. Nothing against Rondo, but when was the last time he did that?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watching Westbrook a healthy Rondo looks awfully good to me : No one is forgetting, but we do see the fact that Westbrook can score 30 points a game. Nothing against Rondo, but when was the last time he did that?
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Rondo scored 30 points in Game 2 of the Knicks series.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

I started a thread a few weeks ago , Westbrook for Rondo and find some the homer post just too funny. It is Boston.com after all , you have to ecpect that. First off any comparison of RR/RW stats is an absolute loser of an arguement. One guy can hit it , one guy cant, fact , period! What serious person is going to try an argue that Westbrook's O isnt 100% better than RR. Heres another fact , NBA games are won in the last two minutes of the game. Im always going to take the guy that can create his own shot and hit. As opposed to a guy that cant even hit an open 12 foot jump. You guys love to praise him bc of his D , which is a complete joke considering the fact that the guy doesnt even play real D half the time. And its not recently either , the entire year guys have been getting past him. Whats even more of a joke is the fact that you also praise him for being such an elite pg when he pounds the ball into the ground waiting for HOF's to get open and come off screens. Do you have the same faith in him to do that when were rebuilding and dont have Ray Allen , PP or KG? This kid has real potential , for the talent he has , he should be playing at a high level imo. Not to mention the fact that he showed some real mental weakness when Perk got traded. He let everybody know how sad he was , how bad he felt. Like real people give a chit about a guy who will make tens of millions throughout his career despite his jump shot looking like a golf club after Barkley took a few hacks. And blaming Westbrook shows how little you know or actually watch , nevermind your bias. For all the love that KD gets he absolutely disappeared at times this series. Mavs would have sweep , it wouldnt even be close w/out Westbrook's O production. LOL OKC's best O was him in transition ... and thats pretty much it. The kid can hit anyway from 25 feet in , is as quick and as good as Rose taking it to the cup and was the leading rebounder among pg's. And lets remember how young he is. Again if your a serious person youll admit he is a better player as we speak and has more potential. Stop ignoring the obvious here , one guy is much more complete than the other. With the $ we have coming up , few decent draft picks / trades / FA's , this team could be a contender in 2 years instead of looking up at Mia/NY/Chi. From Boston here , die hard as they come thats why im suggesting this. I DO NOT want to see LJ kick our a $ $ for the next 6-7 years. Do you really want to hear NY after a Knick Championship? These teams are a few guys away from becoming dom. super teams. Think about it for a second , 6 of the best 10-12 players play in out conf. and are primed to takeover the East.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I started a thread a few weeks ago , Westbrook for Rondo and find some the homer post just too funny. It is Boston.com after all , you have to ecpect that. First off any comparison of RR/RW stats is an absolute loser of an arguement. One guy can hit it , one guy cant, fact , period! What serious person is going to try an argue that Westbrook's O isnt 100% better than RR. Heres another fact , NBA games are won in the last two minutes of the game. Im always going to take the guy that can create his own shot and hit. As opposed to a guy that cant even hit an open 12 foot jump. You guys love to praise him bc of his D , which is a complete joke considering the fact that the guy doesnt even play real D half the time. And its not recently either , the entire year guys have been getting past him. Whats even more of a joke is the fact that you also praise him for being such an elite pg when he pounds the ball into the ground waiting for HOF's to get open and come off screens. Do you have the same faith in him to do that when were rebuilding and dont have Ray Allen , PP or KG? This kid has real potential , for the talent he has , he should be playing at a high level imo. Not to mention the fact that he showed some real mental weakness when Perk got traded. He let everybody know how sad he was , how bad he felt. Like real people give a chit about a guy who will make tens of millions throughout his career despite his jump shot looking like a golf club after Barkley took a few hacks. And blaming Westbrook shows how little you know or actually watch , nevermind your bias. For all the love that KD gets he absolutely disappeared at times this series. Mavs would have sweep , it wouldnt even be close w/out Westbrook's O production. LOL OKC's best O was him in transition ... and thats pretty much it. The kid can hit anyway from 25 feet in , is as quick and as good as Rose taking it to the cup and was the leading rebounder among pg's. And lets remember how young he is. Again if your a serious person youll admit he is a better player as we speak and has more potential. Stop ignoring the obvious here , one guy is much more complete than the other. With the $ we have coming up , few decent draft picks / trades / FA's , this team could be a contender in 2 years instead of looking up at Mia/NY/Chi. From Boston here , die hard as they come thats why im suggesting this. I DO NOT want to see LJ kick our a $ $ for the next 6-7 years. Do you really want to hear NY after a Knick Championship? These teams are a few guys away from becoming dom. super teams. Think about it for a second , 6 of the best 10-12 players play in out conf. and are primed to takeover the East.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

My hope is that when Rondo finally gets shown the door by Celtic management, that he will take his adoring, hard core fans here at BDC with him to his new venue.

Otherwise they will be whining forever every time he has a Rondoesque performance that the Cs  should have kept him because of his unselfish all around play... even if he can't shoot.

These are the same fans who believe that another can't shoot type , Barney Fife,  single-handedly kept Mayberry from falling into utter lawlessness.

Rondo is Barney Fife in sneakers.

Pud