We are 4-1 with Pierce

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: We are 4-1 with Pierce

He averages 8.7 rebounds per game. KG averages 7.2 or so, I think. No big improvement.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Stop it with the infatuation with Gasol.  That is a fantasy that will never even cross the mind of Danny.  Although I believe Gasol is better than KG, that trade proposal is just fodder for message boards.  Danny never went after Cousins.  What did he offer?  He made a call as Im sure most other GMs did as well.  KG is needs to come off the bench.  I dont care about his pride or defensive quarterbacking.  His mouth may talk a big game, but his body cant back it up.  How do you let Jeff Foster and Tyler hansborough beat you on the boards?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: We are 4-1 with Pierce:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are 4-1 with Pierce : The problem with the Celts is both their starting bigs are old. And although Bass is a good rebounder for his size, it's just not enough. We have to upgrade the starting bigs. Stiemsma and Wilcox are not better than KG. We need a big that's better than KG. That's why Ainge went after DeMarcus Cousins.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Fierce, settle down man!  Watch out for this yo-yo effect.  Enjoy the ride.

There aren't too many ways to find a big better than KG.  The Celts have a 20% chance.  The only way the chance will get better is if some unknown on the roster grows into a well known player.  What are the chances of that happening?  A big trade will disrupt the Chemistry and there is no time to recover.

Here is my wish list for the season:

1)  Make the playoffs.  #6 seed will work.
    2)  Keep developing the rotation.
    3)  The Clippers also make the playoffs as #8 seed.
    4)  Compete in the playoffs.  If we have to go down, go down fighting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are 4-1 with Pierce : http://bleacherreport.com/articles/993548-boston-celtics-rumors-danny-ainge-must-pull-trigger-on-rajon-rondo-trade Given Marshall's cryptic comments, two places come to mind: the  Los Angeles Lakers  and the  Phoenix Suns . The Lakers are desperate for point guard help, and they have already tried to trade Pau Gasol once.

Is that a credible site?  WHat makes that any different than coming on BDC and creating trade proposals?  Thats all opinion on that site.  More fantasy talk.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are 4-1 with Pierce : In case you missed it, Donny Marshall was the source of that report.

I know who Donny is.  All he did was create a trade proposal.  WHat makes him different from posters on BDC?  He is just on Tv, thats all.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: We are 4-1 with Pierce": But we lost to Indiana at home with Pierce! How does that square with your theory? In fact, we didn't just lose, we stunk.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I don't have a theory, I was replying to yours.  I do not think by any stretch at this time that we are a good team, but who knows whats in store.  Indiana is a much improved team in my opinion.  They also played Chicago very well in the playoffs. It also won't surprise me if we beat them on their floor.  Every team this year with have stinkers.  The better teams will just have less.  We have had two already.  There may be many more in store.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: We are 4-1 with Pierce": Exactly. Old legs that are out hustled is not coaching. You could try "punishment" by taking the players out but then you have to take out Pierce, KG, Bass, JON, and Wilcox who are the problem.

Its not called punishment, its called developing your players.  If the big dogs don't hustle more than likely its because they are tired, so you put other players in. Yes we are old, same as SA.  Pops uses his other players and they push.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Danny traded away our big, strong, young legs that focus on rebounding. He replaced them with JON and a bunch of mid sized forwards and a has been back up center (Wilcox). Give Steamer more minutes - he can't do worse than JON and Wilcox!

Hey CFAN  we agree 100%!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are 4-1 with Pierce : A big trade will disrupt the chemistry if done at the trade deadline. But if Ainge makes a move next week there will time to develop chemistry. The Clips are likely to end up the #3 or #4 seed.  I agree we most probably end up 6th with this roster. But if changes are made, who knows.

A big trade won't disrupt chemistry if done at the deadline?  Maybe you forgot about last year.  I would be surprised if the clips end up as high as 3.  Maybe 4.  They are too young in my opinion. (their bigs)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are 4-1 with Pierce : In case you missed it, Donny Marshall was the source of that report.

I bet the C's were pleased with Donnie.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

For all I know you may be Donny Marshall because you cant stop talking about Rondo for Gasol.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Im sure we all can create opt ed web sites and through out enough scenarios  and hope something will stick or create enough traffic to our sites.  Come on Fierce.  Is bleacherreport that credible?  Do you believe them over say, ESPN or NBATV or FOXSPORTS?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We will see what happens.  Trading a possible chit for Rondo makes sense but not for a team that hates us and wants enough to complete a Dwight Howard trade.

It could happen but consider the headwinds against it.  Also Gasol is hard to take for a Celtics fan.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are 4-1 with Pierce : Read my post again. I said a trade at the deadline WOULD DISRUPT team chemistry.

Sorry a little sleepy.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are 4-1 with Pierce : I'm expecting Ainge to make a move this week. On Monday, January 9, rookies can already be traded. Newly signed rookies can't be traded within 30 days, so this week anything can happen. After this week I don't think Ainge will make a move until the trade deadline. 

Hope you be right,  I don't think this bunch is going to make a lot of racket.