We are a .500 team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We are a .500 team

I hope tonight I am proven wrong but with all this team has been through.  .500 seems about the best we can do.  Major injuries, no major moves and now fatigue we have Celtic pride and that will keep some of us here going.  I am just trying to keep my hopes aligned with reality though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: We are a .500 team

No big! kiss it goodbye!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I always watch the games and I always root for the Celtics. but yeah they had a nice run at home and now they are tanking on the road.

I was sort of amazed at how many people on this board thought, and maybe still do think, that the lose of Rondo meant that all of a sudden this team was a contender.

They got hot, they won some games and now they are back to who they are. 

I still love the team, but at some point one has to be able to have some objectivity and not just wave pom poms.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I think expectations were way too high after the Phoenix game. Albeit the Trailbalzers are not an elite team they are decent. They are young and will get better. doc will not start Green over Pierce. Whether it's the cajones or love affair he won't make that adjustment. The problem last night was Wes Matthews being hot. What got me was again the Celtics not being able to get the key rebound and too many point swings in favor of Portland. Utah will be tough enough because our reboundinf weakness will be exposed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

I think expectations were way too high after the Phoenix game. Albeit the Trailbalzers are not an elite team they are decent. They are young and will get better. doc will not start Green over Pierce. Whether it's the cajones or love affair he won't make that adjustment. The problem last night was Wes Matthews being hot. What got me was again the Celtics not being able to get the key rebound and too many point swings in favor of Portland. Utah will be tough enough because our reboundinf weakness will be exposed.

they they get Golden state at home then go back on the road against Philly and Indiana. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Green should start in place of Bass. What is Doc thinking?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

It is odd that people want green to start over Pierce and not Bass.

Green Pierce > Green Bass.

By a lot.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

they they get Golden state at home then go back on the road against Philly and Indiana. 

Green has to be come an emphasis to help Pierce get space. Pierce holding the ball in the fourth is a .500 team type of philosophy. Night in night out Pierce is a .500 player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I agree but the only problem is Bass is a PF and Green a SF. Even though I think Bass is a garbage rebounder. Green does need a lot of time for his confidence level to be high. doc is set in his ways and will be always. Yes, they play GS after Utah and then Philly and Indy. The only savinfg grace is that they have plenty of time off to practice and hopefully get their rotations correct with the new players. I didn't expect Crawford to come out and did like he did in Phoenix, he is a streak shooter just like Terry. T Will needs more time on the floor. He reminds me of a big PG at times. They can run but again no excuse to lose to a team that basically has no bench and no great rebounders,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

I agree but the only problem is Bass is a PF and Green a SF. Even though I think Bass is a garbage rebounder. Green does need a lot of time for his confidence level to be high. doc is set in his ways and will be always. Yes, they play GS after Utah and then Philly and Indy. The only savinfg grace is that they have plenty of time off to practice and hopefully get their rotations correct with the new players. I didn't expect Crawford to come out and did like he did in Phoenix, he is a streak shooter just like Terry. T Will needs more time on the floor. He reminds me of a big PG at times. They can run but again no excuse to lose to a team that basically has no bench and no great rebounders,

Boston is 2nd worst rebounding team this year with 39 per game. Miami is dead last with 38 (go figure!)Larry Bird's Pacers at the top of the heap. smallball ain't cutting it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

Boston is 2nd worst rebounding team this year with 39 per game. Miami is dead last with 38 (go figure!)Larry Bird's Pacers at the top of the heap. smallball ain't cutting it.

The difference is Miami has LeBron, Wade and Ray. As long as they are winning it doesn't matter. Talent wise they are superior to the Celtics.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shooting forward or power forward.  Bass is 6-7 and Green is a long 6-9.  Bass has been a failure all year when we desperately needed more from him.  He needs to go back to the bench and a strategy needs to be developed for Green to start with Pierce.  It needs to be done NOW.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

The difference is Miami has LeBron, Wade and Ray. As long as they are winning it doesn't matter. Talent wise they are superior to the Celtics.

========================================

RE: "The difference is Miami has LeBron, Wade and Ray. As long as they are winning it doesn't matter. Talent wise they are superior to the Celtics."

Amen !!!  And they have Allen, Bosh & Battier too !!!

Portland is a better team than the Suns but we still had a chance to win despite a -11 rebound discrepancy(47-36). Even though PP & KG had 23 and 20 pts respectively or 1/2 the 86, we lost. Many times LeBron & Wade have half the points but Heat win.  I just saw the statistic that they are last in rebounding averaging 38 and we average 39. But, here is the difference, LeBron & Wade can drive to the basket, make it or get fouled. They can shoot 3s too.

In the Suns game there was no KG and PP only had 8 pts. I watched a small ball team that looked liked 18-21 year old college players and many, especially, Green, were driving to the basket. Last night it was Slow Ball between KG and PP. Even though Green, Crawford, Williams,Terry were off, they should have run the ball and passed the ball looking for open men to shoot or drive the basket, & draw a foul too, not just trying to find PP & KG. We can't depend upon these 2 old guys going forward. We don't have a big man, we will have 5-10 fewer rebounds so we need to play good "D", cause turnovers, get more foul shots & hopefully shoot 5-10% better if we hope to get by the 1st round.

Sorry, to say this because I hate them but the Lakers are playing better and it's mostly because they outrebound opponents & will be even better when Gasol returns. Kobe too has been on fire. And, of course, more important to us is that I don't think there are any 2 players better than LeBron & Wade driving to the basket.

Sections
Shortcuts