Maybe a better team PERIOD.

4-3 this year nw

8-5 last year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Re: We are a better defensive team without Rondo

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

"We are a better defensive team without Rondo"

Kirk, did you tell that to Fierce? Remind him what Che said....Bradley's defensive effort is overrated unless the 4 teammates collectively work like a horse. Oh, tell him too that the game of BB is a team concept, bringing one like Mr. GAY in the mix will not matter. Mr. knowitall knows nothing!

Since when did I claim to know it all, CHE?

What you're doing has nothing to do with basketball. Before that tsunami hit you agreed with a lot of my ideas. It was only when I made you cry like baby that you started acting like someone who got bullied and hasn't gotten over it.

Where's your sensitivity about PTSD, bro? I realize you're bitter about being a quad & unable to get back into your homeland under your own power, but geez...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to genaro008's comment:

Kirk they play better D but we cant put more presure on PP and KG because the Defensive help come from leaving Bradley and Lee because they are not scorers.

Bradley and Lee can score.

Seriously, Kirk, both Bradley and Lee are not even averaging 10 points per game.

See a doctor ASAP, Kirk!

oh come on , get serious 10 pts per game is your criteria for a good scorer?

stats below are for last year and this year to date:

Lee- career averages of 27.0 min/game, 38.2% 3 pt, 9.5 pt/G

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leeco01.html

Bradley- 22.0min/G, 37.0% 3 pt,7.7 pt/G

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bradlav01.html

Terry- 30.1 min/G, 37.1% 3pt, 12.9 pt/G

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/terryja01.html

Barbosa- 17.8 min/G, 38.7% 3 pt, 8.8 pt/G

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/barbole01.html

added up: 96.9 min/G, 4 player ALL over 37% from three, 38.9 pt/G

more than enough fire power to win in the current NBA.

rest of team ( current averages)

Pierce- 18pt

Garnett- 15

Green- 9

Bass- 7

Sullinger -6

Wilcox/Collins- 3

total - 96

lets get off this "the guards we have here can't score" myth please.

Seriously, the NBA is a league of superstars. Those who win championships have superstars that can score 25-30 points every night.

You really think the Celtics will win a championship relying on the scoring of Bradley and Lee?

The Heat have Lebron, Wade, and Bosh.

NY has Carmelo.

The Celtics don't have anybody that can score 20 every night anymore. Pierce was the guy who could do it, but not at this stage of his career.

The last 2 seasons the Celts were eliminated by the Heat because the Celts couldn't score in the 4th qtr. 

There's a reason why players like Lee only get 5m per year while players like Carmelo, Durant, and Lebron get max contracts.

I think even more importantly the NBA allows certain deemed players to get favorable bail out calls in that fourth quarter and almost always gives them the win.  2010 with Kobe getting calls in that bail out quarter.  The only time it did not happen that way was when Terry and Dirk beat the Heat in 2011.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Blow this team up.  They are not going anywhere anytime soon.  yeah, we make the playoffs by default with or w/o Rondo.  Time to cut our losses and build for the future the best way possible.  being bounced in the 1st round and getting a 1st round draft pick in the 20s in a weak 2013 draft will suck.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

Blow this team up.  They are not going anywhere anytime soon.  yeah, we make the playoffs by default with or w/o Rondo.  Time to cut our losses and build for the future the best way possible.  being bounced in the 1st round and getting a 1st round draft pick in the 20s in a weak 2013 draft will suck.

I agree.

If there is any way possible to get rid of Bass, Terry and Green you have to do it.  PIerce is very tradeable right now because of his contract.

Whether the team is better or worse without Rondo is irrelevant.  it is still about the 15th best team in the NBA.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Without a true superstar the Celts will just be a playoff team.

[/QUOTE]

well that is what we are with or without Rondo!!

but right now we ARE playing better on defense AND offense without Rondo...will it last...I have NO IDEA!!

but fact is GUARD was the easiest roster spot to lose a player we had on this team.

fact is we are 2-0 since Rondo is out for the year.

fact is in the past two yeasr the Celtics have had a better record in games Rondo has missed, than those he has played in.

now 7 games this year and 13 last year may not be enough to guage...but IF we get to a combined 40 games without Rondo and are still a better team...I hope you are willing to admit we need to duimp him to some team that loves the guy with the micky mouse hands (that is not a cut on Rondo, btw just a fact that he has the biggest hands I have ever SEEN!).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

team is looser and more focused on team concept without global domination by RR. 

This loss of RR is a forced upon "blessing in disguise". 

More energy last night and shots are falling that did not last wk.

Hopefully a big Life lesson for all.

Sections
Shortcuts