2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Re: We are a much better team without JO and Ray Allen

JO is a beast and Ray Mr Clutch.....

keep them Dannnnnyyyyyyy!!

Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Funny i nearly started this same thread about a hour ago..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: We are a much better team without JO and Ray Allen:
    [QUOTE]True. With Ray and JO you have 4 old men and Rondo on the court.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I think we have, thankfully, seen the last of JON in a Celtics uniform!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In Response to We are a much better team without JO and Ray Allen:
    [QUOTE]I think it's pretty obvious at this point.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

No it is not! Ray was great in the last games and overall has a good season. He had a bad stretch as well but he has a better season than Pierce.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to We are a much better team without JO and Ray Allen : No it is not! Ray was great in the last games and overall has a good season. He had a bad stretch as well but he has a better season than Pierce.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Hard to dispute the fact that the Celtics look more like a real NBA team when the young guys are playing. More offensive rebounds and more running for the Celts when the young guys are on the floor with Rondo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

That is not a fact. A statistic based on 5 games, come on? We are better without Rondo, better without Ray, better without JO. Maybe we are better without any player! KG is playing like he is 31 right now and grabs some boards (Even Pierce had a decent game after beeing terrible for weeks)--> we win. That has nothing to do with Ray having a flu.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]That is not a fact. A statistic based on 5 games, come on? We are better without Rondo, better without Ray, better without JO. Maybe we are better without any player! KG is playing like he is 31 right now and grabs some boards (Even Pierce had a decent game after beeing terrible for weeks)-- /> we win. That has nothing to do with Ray having a flu.

It's not true the Cs are better without Rondo. But it's better if the Cs had Ellis running with Rondo than Ray.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

The Cs are also just averaging 89.7 ppg. The Cs clearly need more scoring. Ray has not been able to provide that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I thought we need thoughness, defense and rebounding from Pietrus on the 2 position?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Celtics do need a BIg man no question...so they have to get that 7fter first

then trade Ray and JON, and get a power forward or guard that can score 15-18 ppg. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Having players that move is equally as important as the ball movement that Doc is always preaching.

Let's get some who can. It will change everyone's opinion on Rondo. They will find out he's pretty good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Ray will be in the lineup and starting tomorrow against the Knicks....Doc's doesn't have the b&lls to bench any of the Not So Big 3!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This is the second lesson for Doc where the team played markedly better without Ray and JO.  When we were 15-11 we did the same thing with Pietrus in the line up.  Doc has to know.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to We are a much better team without JO and Ray Allen : No it is not! Ray was great in the last games and overall has a good season. He had a bad stretch as well but he has a better season than Pierce.

Not sure how you came to this conclusion.  The C's are 4 games above 500 with PP.  They are i think 5 games under 500 with Ray.  PP was on the all  star team, Ray wasn't.  Ray is 4th in the PER ratings on his own team. PP is second right behind the one everybody wants to trade (rondo).  The only thing Ray has done better than PP this year is shoot.  PP averages 3 more pts per game, while the C's give Ray at least one Pt per game on technicals.  I think everyone around here likes Ray including me but for us to move forward we have to get younger and more atheletic.  We have 4 old guys playing with a pt guard that would like to run.  With JO out that will probably help us since Doc can't play him any more. Doc will continue to play Ray as well.  I personally would like to see PP and KG and the only "old" guys starting and playing much.  Pietrus while he is not as good a spot up shooter makes up for it in many other ways.    Yes I think we are better without both JO and Ray.  (if we could only convince Doc to give Moore some minutes instead of Dooling)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Somebody's gonna have to go if DA makes a trade.
    That much is obvious.
    As I see it, we have five players that could be considered assets:
    RA, RR, PP, KG, and Bass.
    RA's a pure clutch shooter,  and he's  delivered for the Celtics more times than I can recall.  His work ethic is light years past other players.
    But once you get past his shooting?
    I think if someone goes, it'll be RA.
    But I said that a few years back, as I recall.
    Funny how there haven't been any NBA trades yet.
    I  think when the first one or two happen,  the  dam  will break and then we'll really see what happens

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: We are a much better team without JO and Ray Allen": [QUOTE]That is not a fact. A statistic based on 5 games, come on? We are better without Rondo, better without Ray, better without JO. Maybe we are better without any player! KG is playing like he is 31 right now and grabs some boards (Even Pierce had a decent game after beeing terrible for weeks)--> we win. That has nothing to do with Ray having a flu. Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE] Thanks for bringing reasonableness to this thread. Too often fans react to a couple of games. If Pierce plays well more often the team will look better more often. Ray is having a more consistent season than Pierce so it's Pierce who needs to step up like he did against the Nets. I do think, however, that Ray's defense is terrible and he should play about 25 to 30 mins and Pietrus should get nearly all of the minutes in substitution for Ray and Paul. JON is of no use at all and should play spot backup minutes if he's not traded (and he's probably not going to get traded since he brings no value to another team!).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Ray has been up and down this year and JO was done when he got here. Ray might have some value but I'd rather see him have a strong second1/2. JO is only good as salary dump or to fill the numbers in a three way deal. I don't want a trade that in any way hamstrings us going forward. Players like Gasol,Jamison,Barrea,Marion are nice players and can really help us this year and next maybe. I don't want to give up more than I should in the future just to be more competitive in the future.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Somebody's gonna have to go if DA makes a trade. That much is obvious. As I see it, we have five players that could be considered assets: RA, RR, PP, KG, and Bass. RA's a pure clutch shooter,  and he's  delivered for the Celtics more times than I can recall.  His work ethic is light years past other players. But once you get past his shooting? I think if someone goes, it'll be RA. But I said that a few years back, as I recall. Funny how there haven't been any NBA trades yet. I  think when the first one or two happen,  the  dam  will break and then we'll really see what happens
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

I think you may be right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: We are a much better team without JO and Ray Allen": Thanks for bringing reasonableness to this thread. Too often fans react to a couple of games. If Pierce plays well more often the team will look better more often. Ray is having a more consistent season than Pierce so it's Pierce who needs to step up like he did against the Nets. I do think, however, that Ray's defense is terrible and he should play about 25 to 30 mins and Pietrus should get nearly all of the minutes in substitution for Ray and Paul. JON is of no use at all and should play spot backup minutes if he's not traded (and he's probably not going to get traded since he brings no value to another team!).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I think there has been a lot of reasonableness to this thread. You are basically agreeing with most of it yourself. I don't think anyone is saying put Ray on the bench and forget him. Yes PP and KG need to play that way more often. With our current llineup we are OLD and we run hardly ever. Something needs to change. If putting PP on the bench will help us lets do it, same for Ray, and KG and JO.  JO probably is done anyway so that part will probably help now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Here is another post from another site I thought interesting.

It dawned on me last night watching the game... We set the season high in team assists last night. With ray out you did NOT see rondo top of the key waiting for ray to run off multiple screens to get the ball with 8 seconds left on the shot clock. Ball moved freely... I'm not overreacting when I say start pietrus..

Sections
Shortcuts