We are better than the Cavs and Miami now.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Re: We are better than the Cavs and Miami now.

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

^Lol. Still Rondo is tops in the free agent pool next year. As my friend Steve Brule would say "Check it out!"

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/2015-unrestricted-free-agents/100/7333112

[/QUOTE]

And that is some sad azzed comment on today's NBA!

[/QUOTE]

Again, lol. What is sad is the Celtics picked a horrible year to go into Free Agent season with lots of cap space. 

First Tier: Duncan (too old & not going anywhere) Ginobili (not. Going anywhere) Aldridge (already said he wants to sign an extension in Portland), Rondo, Marc Gasol (possible, but why does he choose the Celtics? He will have numerous teams chasing him, and Memphis can offer the most $.)

Second Tier: Rudy Gay (why would we want him?), Deandre Jordan (Maybe), Paul Milsap (redundant), Omer Asik (Maybe, he will again be overpaid for what he brings) 

Third Tier: Gerald Green, Robin Lopez

the rest is fairly useless.

[/QUOTE]

That's why The Celtics shouldn't bother with any of those dudes, keep making draft picks and keep as much salary flexibility as possible.

There is no rush here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's why The Celtics shouldn't bother with any of those dudes, keep making draft picks and keep as much salary flexibility as possible.

There is no rush here.

[/QUOTE]

But some here are in a rush!

18 months rush!

2-3 years contenders rush!

RUSH!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

There is no rush here.

[/QUOTE]

18 months rush!

RUSH!!!

[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean 2-3 years PRETENDERS rush?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

[QUOTE]

There is no rush here.

18 months rush!

RUSH!!!

[/QUOTE]

It does not matter what people here think.  It only matters what Ainge does.

It appears that if a great player is available or if there is a chance at one of the key player, Ainge will try to take a shot, which makes perfect sense.  Otherwise, stay back and stock up on unrealized potentials and draft picks.  It is very low probability or a very rare event that we get another KG like deal, or on the other side of the coin, it is also hard to get one from the draft.  So to say that we will do it this one particular way instead of the other is just foolish talk.  Ainge will do which ever way it presents itself if he is fortunate enough to be at the right place and time.

The only thing I hope Ainge does not do is to trade our unrealized potentials for known incremental improvements that would get us no where in the long run.  Or if he spends too much overpaying for things that would deter us from having flexibility to do a great deal in the future.  Doing any of these things basically reduce our chance at getting the great player(s) that are needed to win championship.  I would think going after the popular Asik or Hayward would fall into this category.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cavs have LeBron... and that's enough.  

Though I do agree that if the Celtics decide at this point that tanking is no longer productive or the best way to lure free agents next off season that they will be better than many here predict.

[/QUOTE]

There are really no decent free agents next offseason to try to lure. Marc Gasol and Rondo are the only two difference makers that will be avail. If you can even call those two "difference makers"

[/QUOTE]

Weak free agent class 2015?!?! Ummm, Love, Aldridge, Jefferson, Gasol, and then a slew of 2 guards and forwards who are pretty darn good. It makes this years free agent class look a H.S. recruiting list.

Next year will be one of the deepest free agent class

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Things happen quickly in the NBA and the players have a lot of power, if an all star decides he is unhappy and wants to move then that's just as good as a free agent.  At this point the team has to decide if tanking is the best way to get talent or proving to a disgruntled player that Boston is a winning environment.  Most of our #1 picks depend on other teams stinking, not us, we should start forming a team once we shed the bloated contracts.  Smart, Sully, Oly, Fav are a good core and they could get a lot better despite what the negative nancies here think.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo=Tony Parker

Evan Turner=Ginobili

Green=Kawhi Leonard

Sullinger=Duncan(no longer an all-star)

Olynyk=Diaw

Thornton=Danny Green

Young=Belinelli

Smart=Patty Mills

Zeller=Splitter

Bass=Bonner

Bradley= Spurs do not have a player like Bradley 

Wallace= see Bradley

[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, I'd rather have the Celtics roster going forward......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Weak free agent class 2015?!?! Ummm, Love, Aldridge, Jefferson, Gasol, and then a slew of 2 guards and forwards who are pretty darn good. It makes this years free agent class look a H.S. recruiting list.

[/QUOTE]

Aldridge already said he wants to remain a Blazer.

Gasol and Jefferson will have to take less money if they want to join the Celtics.

And Love will sign an extension if traded to the Cavs or Warriors.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Though I do agree that if the Celtics decide at this point that tanking is no longer productive or the best way to lure free agents next off season that they will be better than many here predict.

[/QUOTE]

There are really no decent free agents next offseason to try to lure. Marc Gasol and Rondo are the only two difference makers that will be avail. If you can even call those two "difference makers"

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Love, Aldridge, And Jefferson will not be available for reasons pointed out multiple times in this and other threads.  As for the 2 guard situation, here is the "slew" you were talking about...

Shooting Guards
    Marco Belinelli (29)
    Allen Crabbe (23) (N)
    Mike Dunleavy Jr. (35)
    Wayne Ellington (28)
    Carrick Felix (25) (N)
    Jamaal Franklin (24) (N)
    Manu Ginobili (38)
    Danny Green (28)
    Ricky Ledo (23) (N)
    Wesley Matthews (29)
    Gary Neal (31)
    Jason Richardson (34)
    Alexey Schved (23)
    Rodney Stuckey (29)
    Jason Terry (38)
    Marcus Thornton (28)
    Elliot Williams (26) (N)
    Louis Williams (29)

Except for Ginobili (who will continue to be a Spur) it looks like a whole lot of nothing with a side of crap.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Love, Aldridge, And Jefferson will not be available for reasons pointed out multiple times in this and other threads.  As for the 2 guard situation, here is the "slew" you were talking about...

Shooting Guards
    Marco Belinelli (29)
    Allen Crabbe (23) (N)
    Mike Dunleavy Jr. (35)
    Wayne Ellington (28)
    Carrick Felix (25) (N)
    Jamaal Franklin (24) (N)
    Manu Ginobili (38)
    Danny Green (28)
    Ricky Ledo (23) (N)
    Wesley Matthews (29)
    Gary Neal (31)
    Jason Richardson (34)
    Alexey Schved (23)
    Rodney Stuckey (29)
    Jason Terry (38)
    Marcus Thornton (28)
    Elliot Williams (26) (N)
    Louis Williams (29)

Except for Ginobili (who will continue to be a Spur) it looks like a whole lot of nothing with a side of crap.

[/QUOTE]

Nice try but I said guards and forwards...you know guys like Klay Thompson and why you would pick 38 y/o Ginobili out of those guys,,,Idk, but I would take D.Green on my team anyday. Louis Williams can still fill it up. I am not saying franchise guys but next years class is pretty good compared to this one.

You forgot the aforementioned Klay,Shumpert,R.Jackson, Draymond Green, Stuckey, Millsap, Amir Johnson, Lavoy Allen(Killed KG two years ago), Landry Fields, Tristan Thompson, Rubio, Darrel Arthur, K.Walker, A.Gee, The Morris Brothers, K.Faried, Kendell Marshall, Jimmy Butler, Jeremy Evans, K.Singler, Q.Miller

IMO, that is a pretty good list of young players getting ready to hit the market and some older players that could help contending teams. This year, AB was the 3rd best SG behind Wade, Stephenson. I just think its missing a lot of stars but its more deep than this years class

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shooting Guards
    Marco Belinelli (29)
    Allen Crabbe (23) (N)
    Mike Dunleavy Jr. (35)
    Wayne Ellington (28)
    Carrick Felix (25) (N)
    Jamaal Franklin (24) (N)
    Manu Ginobili (38)
    Danny Green (28)
    Ricky Ledo (23) (N)
    Wesley Matthews (29)
    Gary Neal (31)
    Jason Richardson (34)
    Alexey Schved (23)
    Rodney Stuckey (29)
    Jason Terry (38)
    Marcus Thornton (28)
    Elliot Williams (26) (N)
    Louis Williams (29)

[/QUOTE]

Nice try but I said guards and forwards...you know guys like Klay Thompson and why you would pick 38 y/o Ginobili out of those guys,,,Idk, but I would take D.Green on my team anyday. Louis Williams can still fill it up. I am not saying franchise guys but next years class is pretty good compared to this one.

You forgot the aforementioned Klay,Shumpert,R.Jackson, Draymond Green, Stuckey, Millsap, Amir Johnson, Lavoy Allen(Killed KG two years ago), Landry Fields, Tristan Thompson, Rubio, Darrel Arthur, K.Walker, A.Gee, The Morris Brothers, K.Faried, Kendell Marshall, Jimmy Butler, Jeremy Evans, K.Singler, Q.Miller

IMO, that is a pretty good list of young players getting ready to hit the market and some older players that could help contending teams. This year, AB was the 3rd best SG behind Wade, Stephenson. I just think its missing a lot of stars but its more deep than this years class

[/QUOTE]

I like Butler. Chicago will be playing Snell by then anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shooting Guards
    Marco Belinelli (29)
    Allen Crabbe (23) (N)
    Mike Dunleavy Jr. (35)
    Wayne Ellington (28)
    Carrick Felix (25) (N)
    Jamaal Franklin (24) (N)
    Manu Ginobili (38)
    Danny Green (28)
    Ricky Ledo (23) (N)
    Wesley Matthews (29)
    Gary Neal (31)
    Jason Richardson (34)
    Alexey Schved (23)
    Rodney Stuckey (29)
    Jason Terry (38)
    Marcus Thornton (28)
    Elliot Williams (26) (N)
    Louis Williams (29)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like Butler. Chicago will be playing Snell by then anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly and G.S. cannot pay all the talent they have on the roster. Klay and D.Green are good. Next will be Barnes so I dont see them retaining all of them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

finally some positiveness in this board!  I liked last year team (the one put on paper that is, not the one that played!!) and I like this one even better. Last year we were half good of what we are now..Lets see what happens but in a conference that is weak like the eastern one, we might sneak into the playoffs..I'll take progress over tanking.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

finally some positiveness in this board!  I liked last year team (the one put on paper that is, not the one that played!!) and I like this one even better. Last year we were half good of what we are now..Lets see what happens but in a conference that is weak like the eastern one, we might sneak into the playoffs..I'll take progress over tanking.

[/QUOTE]

If we have health, buy in defense, rebounding and ball movement I can see us being a 4 seed in the new east.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Cabin fever, I have it several times a year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Laker trolls, they are here every year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

If we have health, buy in defense, rebounding and ball movement I can see us being a 4 seed in the new east.

[/QUOTE]

I agree if Fav stays healthy and starts we'll have one of the better defensive teams in the NBA assuming Stevens system translates to the Pros.  Smart and Bradley will be one of the best defensive backcourts in the bigs.  If some of the new wing additions can provide consistent scoring this team could surprise in a weak east.  This turnaround will take as much time as it takes these young guys to prove they belong.  Players like Young are total wild cards and already existing young talents could take it to another level.  Believe it or not the answers sometimes come from within.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shooting Guards
    Marco Belinelli (29)
    Allen Crabbe (23) (N)
    Mike Dunleavy Jr. (35)
    Wayne Ellington (28)
    Carrick Felix (25) (N)
    Jamaal Franklin (24) (N)
    Manu Ginobili (38)
    Danny Green (28)
    Ricky Ledo (23) (N)
    Wesley Matthews (29)
    Gary Neal (31)
    Jason Richardson (34)
    Alexey Schved (23)
    Rodney Stuckey (29)
    Jason Terry (38)
    Marcus Thornton (28)
    Elliot Williams (26) (N)
    Louis Williams (29)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

These guys are RESTRICTED.  The only time a RESTRICTED free agent leaves his team is when he is a borderline all-star and a team WAY overpays to get him. Exactly like Parsons this year.  A RESTRICTED  free agent is signed by his existing team 90% of the time. You have a better chance in e lottery than planning on a RESTRICTED free agent to come and save your team. 

So first off maybe, maybe ONE of those guys moves teams, but who?  You mentioned Klay Thompson??? Not very up on your NBA news?  The Warriors wouldn't give up Thompson to get Love, but you think they are just going to let him walk as a RESTRICTED free agent? LOL! 

None of these guys are even close to All-Stars either.  You want to overpay a non-All Star so much that their current team can't match it?  LaVoy Allen??? Kyle Singler??? Landry Fields??? Kendall Marshall???

Yeah, Draymond Green would really turn this club around! Lol!

You are making my point for me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

[QUOTE]

Vs Miami:

We have the best backcourt.(Rondo,Bradley,Turner,Smart,Thornton,Pressey)

We have the best sf position (Green AND Wallace, both can guard Deng)

We have an inferior pf postion ( Bosh and Haslem better than Sully and Bass/Olynyk)

We have an equal center position (Fav,Zeller, and Anthony are similar to Oden and Anderson)

[/QUOTE]

Your avatar is awesome. Your assessment/comparisons of the Celts and the Heat, not so much. I don't believe you would really put money on the Celts beating out the Heat and/or the Cavs in the playoffs. In fact, the Celts will be fortunate to even make the playoffs. Clearly, the Heat and the Cavs will be the teams to beat in the East.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Watch and see if we have a better record than Miami and the Cavs. Rondo and Fav being unavailable has threatened my position on this I will admit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Things happen quickly in the NBA and the players have a lot of power, if an all star decides he is unhappy and wants to move then that's just as good as a free agent.  At this point the team has to decide if tanking is the best way to get talent or proving to a disgruntled player that Boston is a winning environment.  Most of our #1 picks depend on other teams stinking, not us, we should start forming a team once we shed the bloated contracts.  Smart, Sully, Oly, Fav are a good core and they could get a lot better despite what the negative nancies here think.

Yes, they could, but as of right now, we're a deep down in the lottery team and unless a miracle happens we'll stay right there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Drivin that train...high on cocaine.....

Da Celtics for the win!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts