We are dead in the water

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

We are dead in the water

The draft picks were safe and should keep us in the lottery for next year.  We let players who could score and help us immediately slip.   We stood by and let Aisk go for nothing.  Exit Hump, our best all around player, and we are worse than we were last year.  Free agency looks like we are out in the cold.  Rondo should bring a good young player or two but Jeff Green once again is our only hope and that means lottery 2015.  I just do not think Danny had the options he thought we might have, and went with build through the draft, or a cold chance of free agency.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: We are dead in the water

We did not improve for the near future.  We will be easy to defend and easy to whip in the last quarter.  Our new coach should run back to the college level and enjoy life again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Everyone talks about DA and how good he is as a gm.  Well he stinks when it come to getting any big men here who can play.  He undervalues bigs.  I am not sure why.  His one bright spot was Perkins (although limited he was tough and defensive minded) and he traded the guy away.  It will be many, many long seasons until we get a big man or two who can play the game well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I trust Ainge drafting but I've been saying for years he doesn't value big men. This is why we are log jammed with small PFs.

He's got to pull off a great trade with Rondo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Well as much as I like Danny and hope there is still a rabbit or two in our future, he did let Aisk slip away for nothing.  He did let MCBuckets slip away for a point that can not shoot.  I do hope we can sign Gordon Hayward , so that, we can at least watch the games next year and the entire defense will not be under the rim.  Poor Sully is looking at double teams on every play.  At this time with Rondo most likely gone and Hump our best player gone , we are lottery bound.  And Brad should run, his contract would need to be 20 years if he wants to see a good team here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

When you spell his name wrong twice, it is Asik not Aisk, it leads me to think you do not know much about the player.

Smart is a thousands times over a better pick than "McBuckets"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

Well as much as I like Danny and hope there is still a rabbit or two in our future, he did let Aisk slip away for nothing.  He did let MCBuckets slip away for a point that can not shoot.  I do hope we can sign Gordon Hayward , so that, we can at least watch the games next year and the entire defense will not be under the rim.  Poor Sully is looking at double teams on every play.  At this time with Rondo most likely gone and Hump our best player gone , we are lottery bound.  And Brad should run, his contract would need to be 20 years if he wants to see a good team here.

romney you are right on…..No inside presence of any sort right now.  It won't be enjoyable to watch C's games anytime soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I trust Ainge drafting but I've been saying for years he doesn't value big men. This is why we are log jammed with small PFs.

He's got to pull off a great trade with Rondo.

Who were the large power forwards available for Ainge to draft when he took these "small PFs" ???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

romney you are right on…..No inside presence of any sort right now.  It won't be enjoyable to watch C's games anytime soon.

The Cs are in for Tankapalooza 2.  It's ok.  Relax and enjoy next year.  The young guys are going to play , improve , and show what they have.  Should be fun. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

When you spell his name wrong twice, it is Asik not Aisk, it leads me to think you do not know much about the player.

Always nice to have a smart non basketball mind on the board , I wish we could visit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

At least we are not the Sixers fans?  Now that's quite a lengthy rebuilding job if you ever see one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Absolutely disgusted by last night. I hate both picks. It signals another year of aweful basketball and losing more games. The Celtics are going to sit back, watch love go to LA so Kobe can get another ring and we are going to do nothing. It makes me sick!!!! They needed fireworks last night. Instead I'm sicker than a kid at an Avicii concert today. The Fury is Furious!!!! That is all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Nice to have four guards that can not shoot the ball, should work out fine.   Let us see Atchafalaya River is near my home and spelling is the least of our worries, at this time you should chill our and let us that are tooo old to live to see the next team vent a bit, before you nerds take the board over and start degrading each other like babies needing a change.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Nice to have four guards that can not shoot the ball, should work out fine.   Let us see Atchafalaya River is near my home and spelling is the least of our worries, at this time you should chill our and let us that are tooo old to live to see the next team vent a bit, before you nerds take the board over and start degrading each other like babies needing a change.

+1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

It is a sad day when you expect the Cels to pay for Asik what he's getting and in the last year of a contract expecting an increase next year for someone averaging 7 pts  4 rbs ...  Don't understand y'all's thinking. When you think of can't shoot kids, look at all their pct completion and both draftees are not any worse and the defend better than most.

Sometimes people just like being miserable.

Give the kids a chance please 

Always Right.....at least in my mind

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:

Absolutely disgusted by last night. I hate both picks. It signals another year of aweful basketball and losing more games. The Celtics are going to sit back, watch love go to LA so Kobe can get another ring and we are going to do nothing. It makes me sick!!!! They needed fireworks last night. Instead I'm sicker than a kid at an Avicii concert today. The Fury is Furious!!!! That is all.

[object HTMLDivElement] So who would you have picked instead that would have turned us into a contender?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

At least we are not the Sixers fans?  Now that's quite a lengthy rebuilding job if you ever see one.

Sixers fans should be ecstatic.  The Sixers FO had the cajones to tear it down to the studs. Boston's brass didn't.  

In two years they will have a 7'1" franchise center, a 7' defensive juggernaught PF, a 6'10" versatile high-IQ point forward with leadership skills galore, a rookie of the year PG who is also huge for his position, a defensive terror and super athletic 2/3 in McDaniels (TA2.0) as well as two more (probably) high lottery picks where they can just take the best shooters/scorers avail. 

That team will have Speed, unprecedented length, high IQ guys, top flight defense, creativity, and versatility for a long time.  It will just take a little vision and patience from the fans.

I'd rather the C's went that direction than have this unbalanced mishmosh of role players, vets, tweeners, mid level prospects, and one soon to be disgruntled star.  Heck, I would take any direction from DA. He has been walking in the middle of the road for too long now, he has to pick a side because he is being passed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to fishers5's comment:

It is a sad day when you expect the Cels to pay for Asik what he's getting and in the last year of a contract expecting an increase next year for someone averaging 7 pts  4 rbs ...  Don't understand y'all's thinking. When you think of can't shoot kids, look at all their pct completion and both draftees are not any worse and the defend better than most.

Sometimes people just like being miserable.

Give the kids a chance please Great you are right, give us a few minutes to vent, we are back to the lottery.

Always Right.....at least in my mind

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Gordon was gone by 6.  Who did you want?  Vonleh?  Randle?  McDermott?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

You are nuts to kill DA before these guys even play.  First off, I love Smart, I think he will be great.  Noone thought young would be there at 17, he can play the 2 or 3, I would resign Bradley and let young spell him and green, getting lots of minutes this year.  There were no bigs worth getting, we need a center but there were none to be had.  Not DA's, or anyone's fault.  And stop crying about Asik, the guy didn't even play on a team that got bounced in the first round of the playoffs.  You all act like he is the second coming of Wilt Chamberlin.  We got younger, more talented, are in a better spot economically, and have Rondo to potentially bring in more talent if we want.  The glass just might be half full...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

If Danny drafted Vonleh there would be people on here saying "what the heck is he doing drafting another PF or short C when Rondo is a FA and going to leave ."   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

You are nuts to kill DA before these guys even play.  First off, I love Smart, I think he will be great.  Noone thought young would be there at 17, he can play the 2 or 3, I would resign Bradley and let young spell him and green, getting lots of minutes this year.  There were no bigs worth getting, we need a center but there were none to be had.  Not DA's, or anyone's fault.  And stop crying about Asik, the guy didn't even play on a team that got bounced in the first round of the playoffs.  You all act like he is the second coming of Wilt Chamberlin.  We got younger, more talented, are in a better spot economically, and have Rondo to potentially bring in more talent if we want.  The glass just might be half full...

Good post 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

If Danny drafted Vonleh there would be people on here saying "what the heck is he doing drafting another PF or short C when Rondo is a FA and going to leave ."   

[

It doesn't matter who was drafted, just the fact that the pick wasn't traded for an established player is a sign that Rondo is gone.  Rondo just doesn't have the luxury of waiting 3 or 4 years for these guys to become top level players (Young is only 18!). He is a PG that relies on athleticism and speed, so his prime window is smaller than the average players. It's just the nature of the beast.  

Danny just took BPA in both picks.  It didn't matter what position because as soon as he figured out that the Kevin Love deal was over he knew it was time to start from zero.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Danny promised fireworks didnt produce.  But withf four guards who can't shoot, they can pass to our squad of sterling big men underneath orthe couple who like to prance around the perimeter throwing up threes so our guard can go to the boards.  Guards who can't shoot and big men playing small.  Throwing up is the correct term.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

People expect too much.  Love would have been nice but it was a long shot and I believe Ainge tried just as he tried to move up in the draft.  These two picks are not bad and pretty safe on paper.  If they reach their potential, this would be a good draft for the Celtics.

Sections
Shortcuts