We are dead in the water

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: We are dead in the water

In response to jam757's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see the armchair GM's are out in full force today. Grab another handful of Cheetos and crack open a Bud Light before your next "expert" post on the message Board! LOL! This was a very solid draft. The Young pick at 17 could prove to be an absolute steal and Smart is a defensive beast! Great draft and super job by Danny as always! History has proven that Danny is a home run hitter in drafts and his trades have been a little more shakey.

[/QUOTE]  I like the Young pick.  Danny said J R Giddens was a defensive beast.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Giddens was a doodoo pick, most people knew it at the time right after the draft.  Ainge has penchant for overweighting high school accomplishment somehow even when college play shows enough red flag.  Telfair, Green, Giddens.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Giddens was a doodoo pick, most people knew it at the time right after the draft.  Ainge has penchant for overweighting high school accomplishment somehow even when college play shows enough red flag.  Telfair, Green, Giddens.

[/QUOTE]  Lets hope they don't say that about Smart in a couple years.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Dead in the water - total drama queen mentality. 

We weren't competing in the eastern conference no matter what. 

Ainge didn't "go safe" in the draft - he took the best players available at his position. 

If Embid was there, he would have taken him, which is hardly a "safe" pick. 

Bottom line free agents don't want to sign in Boston and yeah, we might go back to the lottery again. Doesn't mean we are "dead" in the water. 

Oh, and Kris Humphries was not that great. C'mon man. 

Asik isn't very good either. Nor would trading one of our few assets for him help us. 

Green might be traded, so he might not be here. 

Only thing you wrote I agree with is: 

" I just do not think Danny had the options he thought we might have, and went with build through the draft"

That's true, but failed to notice every team looking to make big trades from picks is in the same boat. Notice Kevin Love did not get traded - to anyone. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Absolutely disgusted by last night. I hate both picks. It signals another year of aweful basketball and losing more games. The Celtics are going to sit back, watch love go to LA so Kobe can get another ring and we are going to do nothing. It makes me sick!!!! They needed fireworks last night. Instead I'm sicker than a kid at an Avicii concert today. The Fury is Furious!!!! That is all.

[/QUOTE]

Rebuilding  only means putting more money in the owners hand. If Boston fans would stay away,things would change in a hurry. Rebuilding slows the spending down and fattens the wallets of ownership .Don't buy tickets and see how fast things get done. A empty Garden means problems for management and then you will see change .Putting Azzes in those seats is top priority If you enjoy being a sucker ,so be it. You want to rebuild ? go down on the ticket prices, food and beer. Lets all rebuild together instead of restocking OWNERSHIPS WALLET !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

People know that Smart averaged 18 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 steals a game, right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We weren't competing in the eastern conference no matter what. 

Ainge didn't "go safe" in the draft - he took the best players available at his position. 

If Embid was there, he would have taken him, which is hardly a "safe" pick. 

Bottom line free agents don't want to sign in Boston and yeah, we might go back to the lottery again. Doesn't mean we are "dead" in the water. 

Oh, and Kris Humphries was not that great. C'mon man. 

Asik isn't very good either. Nor would trading one of our few assets for him help us. 

Green might be traded, so he might not be here. 

Only thing you wrote I agree with is: 

" I just do not think Danny had the options he thought we might have, and went with build through the draft"

That's true, but failed to notice every team looking to make big trades from picks is in the same boat. Notice Kevin Love did not get traded - to anyone. 

[/quote]

Thanks for some reason.  

Wojo at Yahoo predicted Love would not be traded at the draft.  Ainge is doing what he sees as the best he can with what he has as assets and how he can allocate them.  

If Love could not have been had with what they have it's NOT Ainge's fault. Still could happen at some point. 

I would have loved Embiid even as a risk.  This was not to be, nor was Sarec, both drafted ahead of them.  Not sure what warts Vonleh has on him, but the insiders seem to think Smart was a great choice, and Young had the best upside of anyone available at 17.  Seems to me Danny swung away. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochrist. Show rochrist's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In two years they'll have an inexperienced big man with permanently ruined feet, and another in the long line of useless Euro 'stretch 5's who's one universal quality is sucking.

At least we are not the Sixers fans?  Now that's quite a lengthy rebuilding job if you ever see one.

[/QUOTE]

Sixers fans should be ecstatic.  The Sixers FO had the cajones to tear it down to the studs. Boston's brass didn't.  

In two years they will have a 7'1" franchise center, a 7' defensive juggernaught PF, a 6'10" versatile high-IQ point forward with leadership skills galore, a rookie of the year PG who is also huge for his position, a defensive terror and super athletic 2/3 in McDaniels (TA2.0) as well as two more (probably) high lottery picks where they can just take the best shooters/scorers avail. 

That team will have Speed, unprecedented length, high IQ guys, top flight defense, creativity, and versatility for a long time.  It will just take a little vision and patience from the fans.

I'd rather the C's went that direction than have this unbalanced mishmosh of role players, vets, tweeners, mid level prospects, and one soon to be disgruntled star.  Heck, I would take any direction from DA. He has been walking in the middle of the road for too long now, he has to pick a side because he is being passed.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The draft picks were safe and should keep us in the lottery for next year.  We let players who could score and help us immediately slip.   We stood by and let Aisk go for nothing.  Exit Hump, our best all around player, and we are worse than we were last year.  Free agency looks like we are out in the cold.  Rondo should bring a good young player or two but Jeff Green once again is our only hope and that means lottery 2015.  I just do not think Danny had the options he thought we might have, and went with build through the draft, or a cold chance of free agency.

[/QUOTE]You are right.Shame o Danny.He should have drafted Jabari Parker and embed.How he left them slip away is hard to understandAnd for Asik the rockets were offering him to the Celtics for pennies and Danny declined.What a shame.LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Yes,we are dead in the waters.Danny should have drafted Jabari Park and Embid.As for Asik,the rockets were offering him to us for pennies and Danny declined.What a shame.LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I trust Ainge drafting but I've been saying for years he doesn't value big men. This is why we are log jammed with small PFs.

He's got to pull off a great trade with Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

this is nearly impossible with rondo's brooding personality and record of being a head case.  people just aren't lining up to sign 60% free throw shooting, 25% 3 shooting, barely 40% field shooting "veterain all star" point guard who just cannot score because of an incomplete game. 

what's more is they (competing teams, even most all horrible teams) have no interest in signing such a player who thinks he's worth north of 15M for his next contract. 

rondo did the inexplicable which was stack up assists grifting off of the big 3 instead of developing into a complete player.  his defense and slashing all crumbled the last three years as he was coddled by danny and doc to be........  what rondo wanted himself to be, which fell apart when his crutches left town.

we are not going to get ANYTHING good for rondo- any "contender" looking to rent this head case for a run at the cup is not going to give up much.  we might even have to buy rondo out first for him to leave town early!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Totally disgusted as well with the terrible picks last night by Ainge.  Giving up on a proven NBA PG like Rondo, who has led the C's to multiple playoff runs for an overweight unproven rookie PG who can't even shoot is BEYOND STUPID. Why not take Vonleh or Randle, who I'm sure will be BEASTS in the NBA for years to come. Nope, DA is too STUPID and wastes a 6th overall pick on someone who can't even help us in the near term, and arguably may not even help us long term. Oh and you can bet Rondo already has one foot out the door, he's gone.

[/QUOTE]

the problem is that rondo proved himself to be a turd last year and the previous last few years if anyone who KNEW BASKETBALL watched what he was doing.  this last year he FINALLY decided to pop some open shots.  he had a whole year to bomb set shots and J's from the perimeter and free throw line while rehabbing.

the results were freaking terrible on the court.  aside from a few hot games that BARELY pulled him up to 40% field goals rondo was SUB 40% nearly all season.  he should have a gag order to never shoot 3's again.  still can't crest 70% free throws, can't crest 65% when the basic standard for his position is 75-80%

i would have taken vonleh at 6 and rolled the dice on him.  bigs are OVER valued in this league salary-wise compared to the abundance of 1's and 2's.  it'd be easier to find a sevicable vet PG when rondo eventually WALKS because nobody wants to trade a stale ham sandwich for him.  a good 4 or 5, that's another matter completely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

drama or just a realistic assessment?  we have chum that nobody wants.  you'd be lucky to package rondo with bass and get anything beneficial.  jeff green is a stiff.  sullinger popping 3's is not the answer at 4/5.  we passed on big men to take small men who might turn out okay.  it's a lot harder to find decent bigs. 

i LIKE olynyk and sully but i think they may pan out to be limited in their ability to play minutes every night.  sully can't play the 5.  olynuk still needs to gain weight and figure out how to score on anything but jumpers.  we passed some decent big men potential in this draft- our most glaring need and the hardest thing to find/develop in the league.  Love was a bad idea from the get go- the guy has average 60-65 games a year his career and brought Minny NOWHERE.  so what happens if we get good and need Love in the playoffs?  odds are he'd be injured / hampered at that point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

For posters who can not read, I like the draft choices and love Danny, but we are DEAD IN THE WATER unless we pick up a very good vet or two, if we don't Rondo will leave on his own next year or force a trade.  Some of you people can not read a post, you insert things that are not there.  Get a grip I will.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What colleges did Gerald Green and Bassy Telfair attend where they showed these red flags?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What colleges did Gerald Green and Bassy Telfair attend where they showed these red flags?

[/QUOTE]

Better yet, what do the C's have to complete against the Heat this season?  Any TEAM BUILDING THROUGH THE DRAFT WILL HAVE A FIVE YEAR PROJECT!  Welcome to reality son!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For posters who can not read, I like the draft choices and love Danny, but we are DEAD IN THE WATER unless we pick up a very good vet or two, if we don't Rondo will leave on his own next year or force a trade.  Some of you people can not read a post, you insert things that are not there.  Get a grip I will.

[/QUOTE]

dead in the water as opposed to what? who could DA have drafted at #6 and #17 to make boston not "dead in the water"? before the draft boston was a lottery team with the #6 and 17 picks, after the draft they are a lottery team with the addition of a #6 and #17 pick. why are people shocked that boston isn't a championship contender right now? 

[/QUOTE]

Well doc if we had pulled off a trade for Love or Anthony or Hayward or Aisk or if the center had slipped to us, or even if we had drafted a NBA ready scorer to put along side Rondo, or if we had traded Rondo for some great picks or if we had traded Jeff Green for a good pick, all of this and more would have many of us feeling better.  Never said anything about a championship team, how about a team that will not be tanking again.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Everyone talks about DA and how good he is as a gm.  Well he stinks when it come to getting any big men here who can play.  He undervalues bigs.  I am not sure why.  His one bright spot was Perkins (although limited he was tough and defensive minded) and he traded the guy away.  It will be many, many long seasons until we get a big man or two who can play the game well.

[/QUOTE]

Should have known he hated guys taller then him when he bit Tree Rollins!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I trust Ainge drafting but I've been saying for years he doesn't value big men. This is why we are log jammed with small PFs.

He's got to pull off a great trade with Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

this is nearly impossible with rondo's brooding personality and record of being a head case.  people just aren't lining up to sign 60% free throw shooting, 25% 3 shooting, barely 40% field shooting "veterain all star" point guard who just cannot score because of an incomplete game. 

what's more is they (competing teams, even most all horrible teams) have no interest in signing such a player who thinks he's worth north of 15M for his next contract. 

rondo did the inexplicable which was stack up assists grifting off of the big 3 instead of developing into a complete player.  his defense and slashing all crumbled the last three years as he was coddled by danny and doc to be........  what rondo wanted himself to be, which fell apart when his crutches left town.

we are not going to get ANYTHING good for rondo- any "contender" looking to rent this head case for a run at the cup is not going to give up much.  we might even have to buy rondo out first for him to leave town early!

[/QUOTE]

I'd love for them to do it...buy the bum out and let him achieve greatness for another town...BECAUSE HE WON'T

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So what? Let's stay dead in the water for another year...we're not winning a darned thing with the guys we have now and one big name vet whoever that is....so TANKAPALOOZA DUECE comin' at ya!