We are within one game of 5th place.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: We are within one game of 5th place.....

Best case scenerio would be MIA having to go through a CHI team with Rose. 

Like most have said ... our road goes through NYK & IND before MIA. Indy is going to be TOUGH.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to red2004sox's comment:

It's really stupid to want to play the Heat in the 2nd round.

Seriously, the Celts have a bigger chance of getting back to the east finals against Miami if they face NY or Indy in the 2nd round.

The 6th seed is the best way to go. Why make life difficult?

I prefer the Celtics improve as the season progresses.  If that gets them a 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th seed so be it.  To be the best, you have to play the best.

Unfortunately that's not true. The Celts can no longer be the best because of old age, poor rebounding, and erratic 3pt shooting.

One poster here said the Celts can still win if other playoff teams suffer injuries to key players. That's unfortunately true also. In other words, the Celts can only win if the opposing team is not at 100%. 

Come on, if age isn't a factor then the likes of MJ and Olajuwon would still be playing right now.

Why watch then? You are either 15 years old or Bipolar.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We're 2 games out of the 4 seed, with Atl,Brk and Chi are tied. These next four games are big for us. We play 76ers,Ind,Atl and OKC the next four,we win all four and we will be good shape. I said before the Utah game that the next 10 games were going to be huge,so far we are 2-0 in those 10 but now we face the meaty part of this stretch. Then we play Cha. twice and Tor before we play the cheat. We've won 2 of the games so far,we go 5-5 in this game and we'll be OK but if we can 7 or 8 of these games and I believe we will be in line to have at least 1 series at home.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Best case scenerio would be MIA having to go through a CHI team with Rose. 

Like most have said ... our road goes through NYK & IND before MIA. Indy is going to be TOUGH.

Unfortunately, Rose probably isn't going to be back this season.  They are still a good team without him.  Chicago could be the # 1 seed if Rose was playing.  It should be interesting to see how they do next season when he is back.  I also agree that Indiana is going to a difficult team to beat in the playoffs.  Many of the NBA analysts still believe they are the best team in the Eastern conference after Miami. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Why watch then? You are either 15 years old or Bipolar.

I watch because I like to watch Celtics basketball.

The only reason you watch is because the Celts are winning?

So if the Celts are not winning you will stop watching?

I'm just being realistic.

You were the one who said the Celts had money to spend on a free-agent last summer. Clearly you know very little about basketball related matters.

I watch because I want them to win and they lose I am dissappointed. Just because I don't think they would beat the Heat doesn't  mean I am afraid of playing the Heat. Anything can happen. Your defeatous attitude shows how fair weather you are. Actually, I was right because of the Lee trade. The Celtics had room for a sign and trade which you struggled with the concept of the sign and trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

We're 2 games out of the 4 seed, with Atl,Brk and Chi are tied. These next four games are big for us. We play 76ers,Ind,Atl and OKC the next four,we win all four and we will be good shape. I said before the Utah game that the next 10 games were going to be huge,so far we are 2-0 in those 10 but now we face the meaty part of this stretch. Then we play Cha. twice and Tor before we play the cheat. We've won 2 of the games so far,we go 5-5 in this game and we'll be OK but if we can 7 or 8 of these games and I believe we will be in line to have at least 1 series at home.

I'd like to nominate this for the understatement of the year award.

If we beat all four ... we have three EASY games afterwards, that would be an incredible streak and we'd be vying with NYK with the 3rd spot.

I just want to see us take care of Philly, beat Atl and make it close with IND just to prove that we can contend. Our team usually show up to play for games that matter. The ATL & IND games matter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I want to play Miami first as our legs will not have endured a grueling previous series because irrespective who we play, we ain't gonna sweep and may win in 5 but hopefully at least 6 so will not have a lot of rest. The Heat will win in 4 and maybe 5 & be well rested.

After the Heat we may be tired from a 7 game series but we'll have the momentum & the adrenaline will flow & we'll be in the minds of the opponents having beaten the Heat.

Please tell me what the difference/benefit to us playing them in the finals or 1st ???

I'm with you on this and have had this discussion with my Son, even going as far as to suggest the Celtics may be manuevering for an 8th seed intentionally. However, that was then and this is now and as presently constructed, I'm not sure it matters where we finish. It will (out of necessity) become imperative that the C's play 10 deep going into the playoffs, AND are hot going into the playoffs. Miami 1st or 3rd, I'm not sure it would matter if we go in with a deep bench. I think when we were only 8 deep, my thinking was give me Miami first, we can beat them when we are at our best, and the core knows they would have had them last year if the legs didn't go.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The only truth to this sort of strategy is that we blatently re-tooled with the ONE purpose of defeating the Heat... would be pretty dissapointing to not even get a chance to face them in a 7 game series.

I'd prefer a first round exit to the Heat over a first round exit to NYK or IND. 

I mean, if LBJ is on the Michael Jordan path towards multiple titles now that he's gotten his first, then wouldn't our team be better served to see if these kids are the right pieces to challenge the Heat? (I'm talking about Bradley&Green)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

The only truth to this sort of strategy is that we blatently re-tooled with the ONE purpose of defeating the Heat... would be pretty dissapointing to not even get a chance to face them in a 7 game series.

I'd prefer a first round exit to the Heat over a first round exit to NYK or IND. 

I mean, if LBJ is on the Michael Jordan path towards multiple titles now that he's gotten his first, then wouldn't our team be better served to see if these kids are the right pieces to challenge the Heat? (I'm talking about Bradley&Green)

I dont think so, because anything can happen.  the heat are known to have occasional mental lapses. I want to wait as long as possible to face them. If someone upsets them then the Celtics wouldnt have to face them at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Best Case as a C's fan and NBA fan:

1. Celtics and Hawks 4-5 seeds again with us having homecourt, end it in 5

2. Rose comes back fairly healthy and Pacers/Bulls renew heated rivalry (it'll be fun to watch) with Bulls emerging in 7

3. Celtics defeat Heat in 6 in rd 2 by jumping all over them, Avery, KG and Green play intense man defense on Wade, Bosh and LeBron that frustrates them and our depth beyond that is too much involving Pierce (2-3 triple doubles), Lee, Terry and Bass shooting around 50% and Wilcox having 2-3 games of 11-12 boards

4. Knicks and Nets have a subway series (also fun), Knicks in 5, followed by them beating a weary Bulls team who needed 7 to get past Indy

5. Celtics who play great at MSG defeat the Knicks in 6 (who can't backup talk b/c the lights are too bright and they are just happy to be there)

Don't care who the C's see in the finals

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I want to play Miami first as our legs will not have endured a grueling previous series because irrespective who we play, we ain't gonna sweep and may win in 5 but hopefully at least 6 so will not have a lot of rest. The Heat will win in 4 and maybe 5 & be well rested.

After the Heat we may be tired from a 7 game series but we'll have the momentum & the adrenaline will flow & we'll be in the minds of the opponents having beaten the Heat.

Please tell me what the difference/benefit to us playing them in the finals or 1st ???

The difference is EVERY NON-CELTIC FAN knows the Heat are going to beat the Celtics in the playoffs. 

Come on, let's be realistic, this is Lebron's time.

Remember, it took a while before MJ got his first ring. But when he did, there was not stopping the Bulls and MJ.

What you say may be true; however most non-Celtic fans and many in the media see the Celtics as the team before Rondo went down.  Remember, the Cs were one half away from moving on in the play-offs and we didi that without Bradley to guard Wade. Since Rondo went down, Green has shown the ability to guard Lebron, and his offense while trick or treat, should make up for Rondo's numbers.  I

You left off that we were also with Jeff Green, Wilcox, and Ray was still playing in pain, PP had a knee injury as well.  I know Bosh was out, but I would say we were down in players more than the Heat. I think posters here are over reacting to Green being able to guard James.  James still score 30 pts that game,  but took quite a few shots to get there.  James is a great player and I doubt that anyone in this league is going to shut him down very often.  It will take a total team concept to accomplish that.  I hope big time that I am wrong and Jeff can handle the task and bring James to a mere mortal.

James shot 14 of 31 from the floor, had 34 points and had 16 rebounds and 7 assists  in 52

minutesi

n 42 minutes Green had 11 points and 4 rebounds and 0 assists.

Yeah we are all set with that match up.

[/QUOTE]

Mm... I don't know about that. Lebron's average is above 56% Over all, he was held to 45% or 6 points below what his average would indicate. Even more impressive he was held to 3 for 9 shooting in overtime. It sounds pretty good to me.  Jeff does not have to be, as you indicate, a stopper, he just has to slow him down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

The difference is EVERY NON-CELTIC FAN knows the Heat are going to beat the Celtics in the playoffs. 

Remember, it took a while before MJ got his first ring. But when he did, there was not stopping the Bulls and MJ.

What you say may be true; however most non-Celtic fans and many in the media see the Celtics as the team before Rondo went down.  Remember, the Cs were one half away from moving on in the play-offs and we didi that without Bradley to guard Wade. Since Rondo went down, Green has shown the ability to guard Lebron, and his offense while trick or treat, should make up for Rondo's numbers.  I

You left off that we were also with Jeff Green, Wilcox, and Ray was still playing in pain, PP had a knee injury as well.  I know Bosh was out, but I would say we were down in players more than the Heat. I think posters here are over reacting to Green being able to guard James.  James still score 30 pts that game,  but took quite a few shots to get there.  James is a great player and I doubt that anyone in this league is going to shut him down very often.  It will take a total team concept to accomplish that.  I hope big time that I am wrong and Jeff can handle the task and bring James to a mere mortal.

James shot 14 of 31 from the floor, had 34 points and had 16 rebounds and 7 assists  in 52

minutesi

[/QUOTE]

I guess someone else saw what I saw. Apparenly Lebron was 3 for 11 while Green was guarding him. Read the article today about Green in the Bleacher report on CNN. Who knew? I guess he is a Lebron Stopper.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to KG-LB-KM's comment:

minutesi

I guess someone else saw what I saw. Apparenly Lebron was 3 for 11 while Green was guarding him. Read the article today about Green in the Bleacher report on CNN. Who knew? I guess he is a Lebron Stopper.

[/QUOTE]

Ebron will get his points, the key is stoppling everone else. If we peak at the right time, anything is possible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

I like our chances

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

This site has great fans that show why Tommy says this is the best franchise and that Celtic pride is passed down to the next generation of fan and player.  The example du jour is that the Celts are going into the playoffs with two starters gone.  The Heat are the defending champs with home-court,  they are completely healthy, and they are comprised of a roster that could only be comprised through colusion between several palyers  (ie. they are playing with the rigged hand).  That the Celt's could push the Heat over  games is amazing. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The example du jour is that the Celts are going into the playoffs with two starters gone.  The Heat are the defending champs with home-court,  they are completely healthy"

Hmm...well Wade has not been 100 percent most of this season, Lebron currently has a knee issue he is going to have looked at...

"and they are comprised of a roster that could only be comprised through colusion between several palyers  (ie. they are playing with the rigged hand)."

Hard to argue with that, except do you really think Bosh is playing all that well? I'm not sure Bosh is that important to what the Heat are doing, and when you eliminate him it's really just Lebron and Wade. Bottom line is Lebron could sign with a number of teams right now and turn them into contenders, he's playing dominant basketball. 

"That the Celt's could push the Heat over  games is amazing."

Well Rondo was pretty essential in that series. I don't see the Celts taking the Heat to seven games this year, not just due ot the loss of Rondo but the rise of Lebron. But yeah, the Celts played great team ball against the Heat and we have gotten used to great playoff games from this group...

I'm not sure what some folks are smoking thinking we can catch Indiana - if so you're talking about the #2 seed in the east, that is not going to happen. 

Pacers and Knicks are a full 6 games up. Celts are not getting better than a 4 seed. A four seed is possible. But so is the dreaded 8th seed Kirk. The Bucks are not far behind us. 

Good news is we're in, but no one wants the 8. 

Fierce as for number 6, sure that might be the best seed matchup wise, but with so many teams bunched up together you can't sit there and pick the seed you want. At this point the team should play for the 4 seed and see where it shakes out

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I'm not doubting the Celts beating the Heat. The question is can the Celts beat the Heat 4 times and the 4th win must come on the road.

We all know the NBA is a business first and a sport second. If it comes down to a Game 7 in Miami, we all know who will get to the FT line more. It is what it is.

You are dead wrong here. Simpley not true.   If the Celtics split the first two games at Miami,  win their two games at home,  that puts them up 3 games to one.  Miami wins its home game,  Boston puts them out with game 6 with their 4th  win in Boston. 

Same scenario as last year as Boston had a chance to win game 4 at home and Lebron had maybe his greatest playoff game to keep the Heat alive.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

It's really stupid to want to play the Heat in the 2nd round.

Seriously, the Celts have a bigger chance of getting back to the east finals against Miami if they face NY or Indy in the 2nd round.

The 6th seed is the best way to go. Why make life difficult?

I prefer the Celtics improve as the season progresses.  If that gets them a 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th seed so be it.  To be the best, you have to play the best.

Unfortunately that's not true. The Celts can no longer be the best because of old age, poor rebounding, and erratic 3pt shooting.

One poster here said the Celts can still win if other playoff teams suffer injuries to key players. That's unfortunately true also. In other words, the Celts can only win if the opposing team is not at 100%. 

Come on, if age isn't a factor then the likes of MJ and Olajuwon would still be playing right now.

Once again this is not true,  this isn't what I said.  I said that injuries happen to players and teams and could happen again this year,  that we never know whats going to happen.  I flat out did not say that we can win if other teams suffer injuries. I was making a statement that those things happen, period.  I definitely never added the workd "if" other teams lose players.

Sections
Shortcuts