We are within one game of 5th place.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: We are within one game of 5th place.....

In response to KG-LB-KM's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I want to play Miami first as our legs will not have endured a grueling previous series because irrespective who we play, we ain't gonna sweep and may win in 5 but hopefully at least 6 so will not have a lot of rest. The Heat will win in 4 and maybe 5 & be well rested.

After the Heat we may be tired from a 7 game series but we'll have the momentum & the adrenaline will flow & we'll be in the minds of the opponents having beaten the Heat.

Please tell me what the difference/benefit to us playing them in the finals or 1st ???

The difference is EVERY NON-CELTIC FAN knows the Heat are going to beat the Celtics in the playoffs. 

Come on, let's be realistic, this is Lebron's time.

Remember, it took a while before MJ got his first ring. But when he did, there was not stopping the Bulls and MJ.

What you say may be true; however most non-Celtic fans and many in the media see the Celtics as the team before Rondo went down.  Remember, the Cs were one half away from moving on in the play-offs and we didi that without Bradley to guard Wade. Since Rondo went down, Green has shown the ability to guard Lebron, and his offense while trick or treat, should make up for Rondo's numbers.  I

You left off that we were also with Jeff Green, Wilcox, and Ray was still playing in pain, PP had a knee injury as well.  I know Bosh was out, but I would say we were down in players more than the Heat. I think posters here are over reacting to Green being able to guard James.  James still score 30 pts that game,  but took quite a few shots to get there.  James is a great player and I doubt that anyone in this league is going to shut him down very often.  It will take a total team concept to accomplish that.  I hope big time that I am wrong and Jeff can handle the task and bring James to a mere mortal.

James shot 14 of 31 from the floor, had 34 points and had 16 rebounds and 7 assists  in 52

minutesi

n 42 minutes Green had 11 points and 4 rebounds and 0 assists.

Yeah we are all set with that match up.

I guess someone else saw what I saw. Apparenly Lebron was 3 for 11 while Green was guarding him. Read the article today about Green in the Bleacher report on CNN. Who knew? I guess he is a Lebron Stopper.

[/QUOTE]

Takes more than one game to be considered someone's stopper.  I don't have to read the bleacher report,  I watch the games.  I want JG to do well every game,  but as Snakeoil said, I doubt very seriously that he is too worried about Jeff Green.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

How quikly people forget.  

Remember last year's easter conference finals? Neither KG's game nor Pierces game have changed significantly since that time. Without a bench, The Celtics ran out of gas in the second half.

KG's lower numbers disapear when his minutes increase. At half time in game seven the Celtics were tied with the Heat, and we were without our starting two guard, and Wade stopper. 

After our last victory over the Hear, a new weapon emerged, Green held Lebron to 3 for 11 shooting while guarding him. 

While we may miss Rondo in the play-offfs, Jeffs offense along with the improved bench improve the all around offense.

KG trumps Bosh. Pierce is still usually clutch, I like our chances.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Once again this is not true,  this isn't what I said.  I said that injuries happen to players and teams and could happen again this year,  that we never know whats going to happen.  I flat out did not say that we can win if other teams suffer injuries. I was making a statement that those things happen, period.  I definitely never added the workd "if"other teams lose players.

So if other playoff teams are 100% the Celts will still beat them?

Let's put it on record, how long will the Celts last in the playoffs in your opinion?  

Its bad to be put on record,  as you should well know from last year when you didn't even have us making the playoffs.    You say something completely untrue then start looking for some type of out by  spinning what was said in the first place.    First off I don't know who we are playing and who is in good condition physically.  On top of that I don't usually make predictions other than I back my team.  Why do you have such a problem with that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

You are dead wrong here. Simpley not true.   If the Celtics split the first two games at Miami,  win their two games at home,  that puts them up 3 games to one.  Miami wins its home game,  Boston puts them out with game 6 with their 4th  win in Boston. 

Same scenario as last year as Boston had a chance to win game 4 at home and Lebron had maybe his greatest playoff game to keep the Heat alive.

Boston won Game 4 at home last season.

You seriously think the Celts will be able to go 3-1 against the Heat in the first 4 games of a playoff series?

OK just to be accurate on what said here,  the Celtics had a chance to close out the Heat in Boston last year.  Is this correct or not?   That means that they don't have to win in the way you described.  There is not need to start spinning again,  things could shape up exactly as they did last year.  I am not saying they will but what you said is not accurate.  Now answer the question,  is what you said true or false.  No need to add anything else to the reply,  except were your right or wrong in what you said?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Its bad to be put on record,  as you should well know from last year when you didn't even have us making the playoffs.    You say something completely untrue then start looking for some type of out by  spinning what was said in the first place.    First off I don't know who we are playing and who is in good condition physically.  On top of that I don't usually make predictions other than I back my team.  Why do you have such a problem with that.

I'm merely asking.

Last season I was wrong about the Celts. No big deal.

I'm not like the wingnut Mployee who would never admit to being wrong.

You said injuries could happen like last year. Obviously if Rose didn't get hurt last season then the Celts might not have made it to the east finals. So if something like that happened again this year then clearly the Celts have a bigger chance of winning, right?

I believe that was pretty much what I said that injuries can happen.  Doesn't mean they have to for us to win. The whole world knows the Heat are the favorites,  no great knowledge there.  That doesn't mean on a Celtic website that we can't expect our team to do well.  More than like if Rose had been playing we would have lost,  but who really knows for sure?  I know I don't.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

You are dead wrong here. Simpley not true.   If the Celtics split the first two games at Miami,  win their two games at home,  that puts them up 3 games to one.  Miami wins its home game,  Boston puts them out with game 6 with their 4th  win in Boston. 

Same scenario as last year as Boston had a chance to win game 4 at home and Lebron had maybe his greatest playoff game to keep the Heat alive.

Boston won Game 4 at home last season.

You seriously think the Celts will be able to go 3-1 against the Heat in the first 4 games of a playoff series?

OK just to be accurate on what said here,  the Celtics had a chance to close out the Heat in Boston last year.  Is this correct or not?   That means that they don't have to win in the way you described.  There is not need to start spinning again,  things could shape up exactly as they did last year.  I am not saying they will but what you said is not accurate.  Now answer the question,  is what you said true or false.  No need to add anything else to the reply,  except were your right or wrong in what you said?

we are also 1 game out of last place. we only need to be thinking about Philadelphia tonight. and then our next game. let the chips fall where they may come playoff time. if Doc can get this new group playing as a cohesive unit by playoff time i like our chances. Miami in the 1st round? bring 'em on!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Remember, last season I thought the Celts wouldn't make the playoffs. Obviously I never expected the Celts to advance to the Finals.

Celts had a chance to close out the Lakers in 2010 and eliminate the Heat in 2012. But both times the Celts failed.

The only time the Celts were truly a great team was when Pierce was still 30 years old and KG didn't have a season ending knee injury.

Again, only 3 NBA Greats led their teams to a championship at the age of 35 or older. And those 3 are not named KG or Pierce. 

Fine and dandy,  but you never answered the question.  None of what you mention have anything to do with what we were talking about,  nothing at all.  Simply a question of can the Celtics win a series at home in the playoffs?  You said basically it would have to be on the road in Miami,  I pointed out that we could have won in Boston last year in game six, so that means we don't have to close out anyone on the road.  Right or wrong?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Fine and dandy,  but you never answered the question.  None of what you mention have anything to do with what we were talking about,  nothing at all.  Simply a question of can the Celtics win a series at home in the playoffs?  You said basically it would have to be on the road in Miami,  I pointed out that we could have won in Boston last year in game six, so that means we don't have to close out anyone on the road.  Right or wrong?

Again, last season I didn't believe the Celts could beat Miami in a 7-game series.

Again its obvious you are not going to answer the question.  What does that series have to do with answering a simple question about something you said be right or wrong?  Besides you didn't even have us in the playoffs, let alone playing Miami.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.