We Can Get A Great Young Center

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

Re: We Can Get A Great Young Center

Fierce - I have been thinking of helping out with the nets/orl scenario myself, in that we assist in getting DH to the nets while gaining some benefit to ourselves and somewhat handicapping their salary cap situations. I am more partial to gaining assets/building blocks thru this year's draft... so my take on the situation is for the Celtics to obtain 2012 draft picks as follows:

BOS gets: Morrow (allows us move RA in another move), Nelson (not enamored but believe its a bitter pill to entice ORL), NJ first pick in 2012 draft, Wash 2nd rnd pick #33+/- and Blatche - coming of injury soon and reduces some of our cap room next summer but free agency this year is looking less promising then a year ago. May want to play our cap space for summer of 2013.

NJ gets: DH, Turkoglu (condition of getting DH by Orl), BOS #1 pick via LAC

ORL gets: Lopez via S&T say 8-9M, Rondo, Humphries and Sasha, NJ first rnd pick via HOU.

WAS gets JON

Net play for us is Blatche for JON and high lottery for RONDO. I agree NJ will still be a high lottery team after the trade since most likely only 22-24 games left and not enough time to gain chemistry. If they drop out of top 4-5 they will still be close enough to top of the draft for us to make a draft day deal to move up. My target Sullinger or Robinson - I see no move to get to the top 2 picks this year. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: We Can Get A Great Young Center:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Get A Great Young Center : The Pacers can offer the max for either Brook Lopez or Hibbert. So it's up to Bird if he wants Hibbert or Lopez.  Brings us back to the question, are Lopez and Hibbert worth the max?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I have seen Hibbert more than Lopez so I would say Hibbert.  He plays big. I think Larry has a good nucleous so I don't think he will tinker with it unless it is a big upgrade somewhere.  Hibbert fits them well.  He is a good building block i think.  Lopez may be I just haven't seen him enough.  Looked good against us a couple times. 

Would be great to get Hibbert and Collison for Rondo and something else. Would be great to work JO in there to let him finish his career with the Pacers. Only trouble is Indiana doesn't pay anything to any of their players except Grainger and West.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from international. Show international's posts

IWe need to get a rebounder and Lopez is not a good one ,Irather get Pekovic from Minnesotta .
    n Response to Re: We Can Get A Great Young Center:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Get A Great Young Center : That's why I'm asking you guys what you think about Brook Lopez.  I don't think Orlando will bite if they don't get 3 or 4 1st round picks. They can settle for Brook Lopez and 2 1st round picks from the Nets. That's why we need to up the ante. That's if Danny thinks Brook Lopez is worth 2 1st round picks.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: We Can Get A Great Young Center:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Get A Great Young Center : I have seen Hibbert more than Lopez so I would say Hibbert.  He plays big. I think Larry has a good nucleous so I don't think he will tinker with it unless it is a big upgrade somewhere.  Hibbert fits them well.  He is a good building block i think.  Lopez may be I just haven't seen him enough.  Looked good against us a couple times.  Would be great to get Hibbert and Collison for Rondo and something else. Would be great to work JO in there to let him finish his career with the Pacers. Only trouble is Indiana doesn't pay anything to any of their players except Grainger and West.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Agree that this would be a great trade for the Celtics.  Even though, I don't think it would happen.  Hibbert and Collison would be great players to help the Celtics rebuilding process. 

6. This post has been removed.