We can still win a title stop worrying

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Re: We can still win a title stop worrying

In Response to We can still win a title stop worrying:
    [QUOTE]We have yet to play a game at home. All we have to do is win all our home games and take one on the road. We had two chances to take one on the road we failed but we still have two more chances to take a road game.
    Posted by RajonRondo9Fan[/QUOTE]

Uh....No Perkins No 2011 Champs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Glad to see a whole series of fans post who have faith and haven't given up.  I love it!   All it takes is a good game at home and we've rarely had 3 bad games in a row.  I say the C's finish this one strong!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

In Response to Re: We can still win a title stop worrying:
    [QUOTE]Glad to see a whole series of fans post who have faith and haven't given up.  I love it!   All it takes is a good game at home and we've rarely had 3 bad games in a row.  I say the C's finish this one strong!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Great comments Celts4life. I really don't care what sport it is, look what's occurring with the Bruins last year and this year as well. I believe the Celtics have the most talented team and can pull the series out by taking it one game at time. If Shaq can offer a few minutes and the fans become the "sixth man", the series can go back to Miami 2-2. The players can read and hear, therefore let's let them know that we have the Heat right where we want them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We can still win a title stop worrying : Great comments Celts4life. I really don't care what sport it is, look what's occurring with the Bruins last year and this year as well. I believe the Celtics have the most talented team and can pull the series out by taking it one game at time. If Shaq can offer a few minutes and the fans become the "sixth man", the series can go back to Miami 2-2. The players can read and hear, therefore let's let them know that we have the Heat right where we want them.
    Posted by CeltsSox[/QUOTE]

The Celtics have to win both of their home games to even have a chance of competing in this series.   If Shaq can return he could definitely help this team.  He isn't the key to victory, but even a few minutes from him could help. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

We do need games 3 and 4. If we get those wins then I believe this series will go to game 7.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

In Response to We can still win a title stop worrying:
    [QUOTE]We have yet to play a game at home. All we have to do is win all our home games and take one on the road. We had two chances to take one on the road we failed but we still have two more chances to take a road game.
    Posted by RajonRondo9Fan[/QUOTE]

Great take here and the right perspective. It would have been best if we could have pinched one of two in Miami. But all we need to do is protect home court and then go for the win in a critical Game 5. All very doable.

I am not panicking here. Good coaches and good players mean that they will figure this thing out.

...oh, and Shaq wouldn't hurt. Innocent

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from luke1609. Show luke1609's posts

We love you guys but you lost your mojo when you lost Perkins.  Even if Shaq was healthy you would not be the same team.  Green and Krstic look and play like outsiders.  I see frustration all the way up to the team captain.  I do not blame Ray, Paul, Kevin, or Rajon you had the carpet pulled out from under you.  Ainge tried to help long term, I understand that, it just turned out to be the wrong move. We love our Celtics but we can see the writing on the wall. No disrespect intended what so ever!  Thanks for all you do to make us proud of our beloved Celtics!!!!!!!! We are with you to death do us part.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rman,
    If you are referring to the disruption created by the trade and the adjustment that has never really come together I agree.  To suggest that Perkins the player would be a major factor is just not true.  Shaq not coming back is the reason we have suffered and for that DA bears an enormous responsibility.  The trade should not have been made if his return was not assured.  Perk the player is not a real dominant factor.  Watch an OKC game and tell me this guy wins games.  He called a team meeting and is a good teammate and that maybe where Ainge hurt the Celtics through its chemistry.  Perk on the floor not so much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Rman, If you are referring to the disruption created by the trade and the adjustment that has never really come together I agree.  To suggest that Perkins the player would be a major factor is just not true.  Shaq not coming back is the reason we have suffered and for that DA bears an enormous responsibility.  The trade should not have been made if his return was not assured.  Perk the player is not a real dominant factor.  Watch an OKC game and tell me this guy wins games.  He called a team meeting and is a good teammate and that maybe where Ainge hurt the Celtics through its chemistry.  Perk on the floor not so much.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

They had something about Perk calling a team meeting on comcast.  Durant credited Perk with their  win and his leadership.  They really listen to Perk because of his championship experience.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Great Celtic spirit from real fans here versus Dan Shaugnessy's "the torch is being passed," latest attempt at journalism. As someone who grew up watching Dave Cowens in person as a boy, all I want is real Celtic attitude. If Dan's right, then I want the this team to go down saying "you'll have to pry that torch out of my dead hand." My honest assessment, I did not see anything close to that in Miami out of this team (maybe some individuals more than others but as a team, no). It's not too late for the Celtics to come together as a team and make a stand for 2011, but make no mistake it is on the coach and the players to step up to the Celtic tradition and represent Red Aurbach.  If not, then take off the jersey and let someone else try --- that's all I have to say.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

If we do not win Game 3 you can kiss 
    Banner 18 bye-bye. 

Let's get real.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]If we do not win Game 3 you can kiss  Banner 18 bye-bye.  Let's get real.
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]
    That's true. But we'll win!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]Great Celtic spirit from real fans here versus Dan Shaugnessy's "the torch is being passed," latest attempt at journalism. As someone who grew up watching Dave Cowens in person as a boy, all I want is real Celtic attitude. If Dan's right, then I want the this team to go down saying "you'll have to pry that torch out of my dead hand." My honest assessment, I did not see anything close to that in Miami out of this team (maybe some individuals more than others but as a team, no). It's not too late for the Celtics to come together as a team and make a stand for 2011, but make no mistake it is on the coach and the players to step up to the Celtic tradition and represent Red Aurbach.  If not, then take off the jersey and let someone else try --- that's all I have to say.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Good post. Aside what happens in this series, do you feel Rondo fits into that description of Celtic pride? As the future cornerstone of the franchise?
    Half amazing/half dud, and we'll leave his character out of the discussion...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We can still win a title stop worrying : They had something about Perk calling a team meeting on comcast.  Durant credited Perk with their  win and his leadership.  They really listen to Perk because of his championship experience.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Talk about chemistry issues... I wonder if Rondo called a team meeting whether anyone would bother to show up.

Isn't this the short term and long term problem in a nutshell?

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tekaronhiakha. Show tekaronhiakha's posts

Ya Dan Shanessey or however you spell it can go lick @#$! The starters have played like crap the first two games and they still could've stole one. I'll pack it in if "Le#$%@!" and the heat take the next one but even then i'll be watching and waiting. If they're too old to play these guys then so be it, but it definitely aint time to celebrate heat lovers.

Sections
Shortcuts